Photo

Second Wave - Item Discussion

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,100 posts

secondwave-weapons.jpg

So I thought it'd be good to set up a discussion where we can talk about the new items with the Second Wave

update and get some feedback from you guys. 

Feel free to show off your finds, talk about what is lacking and what's overpowered. This will help us speed up the process to getting the items balanced and unlocked for upgrading and trade!

JCBecks

JCBecks
  • 271 posts

---snip---

Con pointed out that this is for items, not maps XD

Edited by JCBecks, 02 December 2015 - 10:16 PM.

ThE_DoC

ThE_DoC
  • 14 posts

awesome thank you for the update first*

So the first thing I noticed was the new items they look great! and from the looks its more PvE then raiding which I think is awesome! from the first update most new items were more or less for raiding and to get the player's and members of an alliance to raid !

second thought I did notice the drastic change in the range for the rpks but not the ak-105's , now that's ok but I did think it was a bit steep looking at it now I do think the range reduction is appropriate it still has better range then the m60's which is a good thing, 5 points range is quite a bit, maybe 2.5 points could be sufficient ? its on the table any how,

I also wanted to ask about the aim time on the Msr's a lot of people have them and would love to raid with them! I know I do maybe you can add an aim time reduction clothing? or better yet a craftable aim time reduction  clothing for all items? or just maybe reduce it to what you think is more appropriate ? Im not sure but I do know that the Bows, and the Msr's are really hard to use " If Raiding" so its on the table for thought. maybe with the leader / scavenger vest you could implement aim time reduction on the armors so that we could you scavengers more efficiently in raids? just thoughts!!!

The new Maps are great!! very challenging and a new learning experience requiring much more raiding technique and more skills great work Dev Team!! A+

Con

Con
  • 4,100 posts

I had 1 new map today - the Compound (basketball court at the center). Map wasn't too terribly difficult, had to disable comms and was a zombie map.

Had 2 rushes but found a nice spot outside the basketball court to wipe out zombies with ease. The map is so large I didn't want to risk wandering around too much and hitting a trap. I got to the green zone with 3 mins left, I couldve looted a bit more but chose to get the haul and not risk it.

Item discussion JC, items.  :)

JCBecks

JCBecks
  • 271 posts

Ill piggyback what DoC said regarding the range reduction of the RPKs. 5 points was a bit of a punch in the gut but I understand if the intent was to have the RPK with the power, AK with the range.

JCBecks

JCBecks
  • 271 posts

Item discussion JC, items.   :)

Haha I'm a noob.

Con... I'm on hour 12 of this work day... you get what you get :P

Edited by JCBecks, 02 December 2015 - 10:17 PM.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,710 posts

Armoured scavenging and gear suits are obvious at these levels, though as with the recent high level medic vests, somewhat pointless unless you are very near the 70% projectile and explosive protection; you simply stand a very good chance of being taken out without the maximum protection you can get. Though as with those I guess it's down to the random stats you get. I'm doing the island with my melee guys being my scavengers in 70/70 armour, and with speed. I'm not going to sacrifice that 70/70 for a scavenging bonus, given i'm getting that of good Death's Heads, though a combination of the two would be the dream. 

Haven't encountered any uniques of the new guns yet. If the SMGs are anything like the HERC SMGs that plow life out of us, then i'm excited. 

Will these be schematics in the future?

Gabacho

Gabacho
  • 144 posts

Con,

The fact that you allowed users to craft the RPK before the nerf is absurd, as is the amount of time it took you to make up your mind about it. I spent a lot of fuel on blue range kits and purple RPK's that are now useless for raiding. Not to mention Components for Deadeyes to compliment the RPK.

Secondly, why do you continue to add content to this game while you still have severe problems with existing gameplay (Examples available upon request)? This is very discouraging. Please slow down and fix what you have. I do not need "urinal cakes" or "blacksmith tools"; I need the ability to start raids without getting stuck "equipping survivors". 15 minute lockouts lose wars here.

In conclusion,

-Everything you have have done so far concerning the RPK -  Horrible

-Gameplay: Quality before Quantity CON

Kael_Hate

Kael_Hate
  • 20 posts

It'd be nice to be able to get the armour before doing the raid on the island. The new fire traps are extremely harsh to those survivors without armour. A scab really needs that gear or is dead making entry level for new players to the island extremely high. I would have liked to see some Blue/Purple variants of the armours that were actually playable drop in uptown. Atm, we are still seeing that the only armours that trade or anyone bothers to put on are uni's with 70/70/50 so that those that have top tier gear get ahead while those lagging lag further. IMO atm unless the PVE game changes vs Hercs, all the Armours will need an entry level resistance increase and the ability to pick up a wider range of special traits with Uni and rare variants. Mines and fire traps are way to deadly with no opportunity to ever be beaten by someone without the higher tier uni armours fairly. Lvl 50-55 armours that replace Bandos, and Glasses etc would be nice even if random. 

Yet to acquire any of the new guns, but the RPK range reduction hurt a lot. Probably not directly due to the range but the fact the survivors cannot and will not engage beyond the maximum range even when fired upon. If they will return fire when popped the range nerf is quite fair. I don't pvp, but hear that is one of the big raiding issue too.

Grenades seem too expensive for results. Guns still do the better damage. None of the armours seen increase the carry limit.

Still waiting on the medical extra gear. So a Medic is always required on Island runs still.

Ammos, and glasses and other superfluous gear that could be moved into clothing or extra gear is still useless.

Health and resistances are all secondary to dps in autos so the armours are meaningless there too.

Winspector

Winspector
  • 120 posts

In conclusion,

-Everything you have have done so far concerning the RPK -  Horrible

-Gameplay: Quality before Quantity CON

It's okay you're frustrated. I really understand it in your case. But that doesn't justify your harsh words regarding Con's work. Con's work is good. 
Don't judge anything by just one facette of the diamond .... 

Now, my opinion about the new items: 

The specialized grenades in general are a cool idea. Nothing wrong about them. 

The new pistol seems allright actually. I've only seen a couple of them so far. Nice dps. Could maybe use a little decrease in ammo costs. 

The new recon vest could be awesome when it has stats that can compete with old armors. 
Pretty much the same with the Scav and the Medic vest. The new versions can only compete with armors when they have at least 70/70 in projectile/explo resistance or an equivalent (+health). I guess it's luck to find one that is better than an ordinary armor. Knowing that it can be better theoretically will possibly make it good item in long term. 

The new ARs could really use a boost in their dps. Both of them. Just my opinion. I think I'd have no use for them even if I'd find a rather good one. They're just too low, I think. 

The new shotty is awesome I heard .... but I didn't get the chance yet to see one for myself. I heard something about nice dps and 20+ range .... which sounds great for a shotty. 

I think we should be able to buy Kill Counters for our favorite weapons. Not sure that idea is something the majority supports .... since we all like to hunt for unicorns :P 
.... but I'd actually spend a lot of fuel or even pay money to get that kind of feature. Just saying. 

Haven't seen one of the new SMGs yet. 

Island update was nice. Research update was a good idea. Second wave is a nice enhancement for the island. 
I like to whine about unfair and silly updates ..... but that's not possible here. I welcome it. 

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 806 posts

The RPK nerf prevented it from dominating all other weapons in most categories. Situation:

It now has a niche role as a high dps killing machine.

The AK-105 is now out of the shadow of the RPK and now has a niche as a long range gun.

That was the basic balance introduced to these two weapons, now we have a lot more to compare.

ThE_DoC

ThE_DoC
  • 14 posts

I agree with being able to buy the kill counters on weapons. I agree 100% and I think if people that play often would also agree, it shouldn't cost a lot but its not hard to add either I assume, since it was added to the ones you can find.

JagerBomb

JagerBomb
  • 26 posts

I dont like any of it.... Waste of time.... I'd have more fun counting rhubarb plants on Farmville....  :D   Just kidding Con!!  LOL!! Looks great and I cant wait to level and check this stuff out!!  

Ivan

Ivan
  • 561 posts

What Harpago said.

All the island armors (old and new) are simply not usable on the island itself because they lack explosive and projectile resistance. Occasionally you can get one of those stats a bit higher, but i have yet to see both being high or capped and in that way be on par with Union City armors.

Con

Con
  • 4,100 posts

Grenades seem too expensive for results. Guns still do the better damage. 

Against what? Buildings / humans?

Be interested to hear thoughts on the new smoke grenades as well.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 806 posts

10-15 fuel per grenade crafted, this is like the situation with G5 and G4 bandages, people want them, yet don't want to pay fuel.

The fuel cost is only questionably plausible with some degree of crafting boost, and the benefit isn't nearly as good as the cost required. People LOVE fuel, and they don't want to be throwing it away with these grenades when they could be using stock ones that work as opposed to these which make it easier, but costs fuel.

If I had the option of stock grenades and saving fuel, versus these for fuel, i'm literally throwing my fuel away (same for pre-update crafted active gear), and nobody wants to do that.

...Except if there was a massive, gamechanging increase in stat increase or if these craftable ones provided unique effects that would be very beneficial in a raid yet aren't lootable. Right now, the increases seem too minor of a buff to quantify the cost, and there are readily available lootables that do the work without the cost.

That's my two cents on the topic (they'll remain MY two cents, not throwing them away on grenades).

Gabacho

Gabacho
  • 144 posts

Everything looks great CON......

I will let you know what I think of the new Guns & Gear when I am able to open my inventory without the game crashing.....

I commend your hard work... really I do.

Please fix the current issues before creating additional content

Con

Con
  • 4,100 posts

I will let you know what I think of the new Guns & Gear when I am able to open my inventory without the game crashing.....

That sounds like a very specific and non-widespread issue. I'd love a detailed bug report in the reports section. Give us as much detail as you can there, including PC specs, connection, browser, Flash version etc. As well as steps to replicate if possible. Oh and update your profile to include a User ID and not just your name. 

Kael_Hate

Kael_Hate
  • 20 posts

Against what? Buildings / humans?

Be interested to hear thoughts on the new smoke grenades as well.

Against HERC, as there is never a need to use explosives against Zeds or Buildings. The Drivehammer gets the job done the fastest against buildings. Biggest issue is that to throw a grenade into a conflict area you need to be seen and shot. A grenade is always less effective than a good assault weapon IMO. The new grenades don't fix this issue and offer nothing much extra as the new grenade costs in fuel and still can't kill a HERC with splash. Thus too expensive to bother with.

Smoke is pointless IMO, it allows you to move across to cover but you have to wait for it to dissipate to engage. With so much ground to cover and a timer counting down, you cannot wait for smoke to clear. It might have worked with melee units, but HERC cover HERC so your melee guy will get cut down by that guy in the tower. This is old smoke tho, haven't used the new Smoke, but expect similar situation and didn't want to waste the fuel to test it.

Edit - Explorer having troubles processing the quote code

Edited by Kael_Hate, 03 December 2015 - 04:14 AM.

kijhvitc

kijhvitc
  • 280 posts

I think recon armor should have a trap spotting boost