Still not feeling the nades. Have the sampler equipped but haven't seen a use for them yet. Might be biased but I don't like wasting temporary things. I would use a more ammo efficient weapon before cracking any of my Ammo cache. Similar feeling here, that nade is worth 15 fuel, I'll save it and just shoot you some more.
- Probably wont use it ever. I don't use an engineer on a raid because he brings no ability to help its success. A fighter might as well jump on the mine than run back to the medic. The fighter can then still have the superior melee power required to complete the conflict.
- I would have liked to see traits like one or more of: extra Improvised damage, extra damage vs buildings, extra short range damage (Like Terror/Hammerfist), extra carry count (+8), +Heal ability, +Scavenge speed
- The Trap disarming bonus is superfluous but one or more of those listed above let the gear actually do something more than the Standard Raid vest.
- This topic really has my game design tick going crazy to want to redo all these for proper purpose.
- Conclusion... Its just Std Raid Armour, but only my leader can use it.
- Has Great stopping Power and with the Improved Reload speed may see use on the island.
- Lacks the DPS of Savage Sawn off and doesn't get much of an increased boost due to Ranged Combat/Reload buffs (This is more to do with the mechanical cap of 99% to hit)
- The Hit chance buff is pointless
- without the Effective Range buff this would be unplayable, shorter range weapons needs a much much higher DPS to make up for the fact that they have only a shorter time to engage the zed before it is smashing your survivor.
- Does not appear to splash
- Conclusion... Nothing but Maths and the maths here is worse that the RPK
My Engineer Modelling this new gear for those who asked ingame
I really wish there was a mechanical reason for one weapon type over another.
Like increased crit multiplier for snipe effects, and splash for shotguns, and 3shot quicker aim for assault rifles, and quicker engagement for SMGs and melee/pistol combos and offhand ability for pistols/knives etc
Tools have meaning when they have particular purpose. If everything is a hammer you just use the most effective one and the rest are pointless decoration.
Edited by Kael_Hate, 04 December 2015 - 03:05 PM.