Jump to content

Photo

Idea: Modding Bench

building crafting rare unique fuel time bored who reads this anyway

  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1
warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

Here is a concept for a building a modding bench, this would be a weapon crafting table which has 3 levels that allow it to craft better weapons for the cost of fuel

 

 

how it would work:

 

step one: player places 4 blue or purple of a weapon into the bench.

step two: person puts in 100 machine parts, 50 oil, and 200 fuel. (2x for purple)

step three: player hits the craft button, and waits 1 hour +30 min per level, after which out will pop out a weapon of better quality.

 

example person puts in 4 blue m249's waits the time and gets either a purple or rare m249 (90% chance purple 10% chance rare)

 

 

note on purples being put into it. If a person gets 4 purples in it, they have a chance of the weapon quality staying purple but with any craft kits on the other weapons combined into the new weapon (no stacks so can't have 4 APS kits, only one would count) this is a 90% chance while the other 10% is that it is turned into a unique.

 

 

yeah just a way to craft down lower weapons to higher weapons. To not wreck economy it is expensive and most the time just improves the weapons used instead of rolling them to unique or rare.

 

 

Note this is of more use to people like me who even with a 4% shinny and 10 alliance boost rarely see blues.



#2
LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

Here is a concept for a building a modding bench, this would be a weapon crafting table which has 3 levels that allow it to craft better weapons for the cost of fuel

 

 

how it would work:

 

step one: player places 4 blue or purple of a weapon into the bench.

step two: person puts in 100 machine parts, 50 oil, and 200 fuel. (2x for purple)

step three: player hits the craft button, and waits 1 hour +30 min per level, after which out will pop out a weapon of better quality.

 

example person puts in 4 blue m249's waits the time and gets either a purple or rare m249 (90% chance purple 10% chance rare)

 

 

note on purples being put into it. If a person gets 4 purples in it, they have a chance of the weapon quality staying purple but with any craft kits on the other weapons combined into the new weapon (no stacks so can't have 4 APS kits, only one would count) this is a 90% chance while the other 10% is that it is turned into a unique.

 

 

yeah just a way to craft down lower weapons to higher weapons. To not wreck economy it is expensive and most the time just improves the weapons used instead of rolling them to unique or rare.

 

 

Note this is of more use to people like me who even with a 4% shinny and 10 alliance boost rarely see blues.

 

Summary:

 

You want to craft rares (and possibly uniques although you didn't mention them)

 

No

 

EDIT: My bad, you did mention crafting Uniques at a 10% chance


Edited by LLiquid, 08 December 2015 - 10:13 AM.

  • 0

#3
Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 593 posts

Not trying to be rude but could you come up with a idea that actually might have a chance of being implemented Warbrand?


  • 0

#4
warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

I have before manytimes, its just any idea of mine that is good is out right ignored by everyone.

 

Also LLtard, read again it would be extremely rare to craft rares or uniques.



#5
MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 807 posts

For such a cost of fuel and so low of a chance of a uni it's easier and cheaper to just find a uni. However, there is a caveat, P2W players or old players with a lot of fuel can just use this to continue rolling the RNG for god items like LRs, bandos, and nice armors, although you can pretty much roll anything with this.

 

Just for how gamebreaking it can be to just dump fuel into it and reroll until you get a god item, it's not a great idea. Also for most people, they just loot their uniques, no pile of fuel used on getting them.

 

And just some food for thought, you put in a rare item, it can only go to unique. Look at all those bandos and rare LRs that are just going to have another chance at getting you that maxbando or maxrange LR.

 

At the end of the day, it doesn't bring much to the table, only a facet for old players and P2W guys to undermine the game balance with creating their own uniques.


  • 0

#6
warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

ok, read the topic only works with blue and purple, purple will most likely do nothing on the role, and has a slight chance of adding together crafted parts.

 

 

 

On the P2W problem with it, yeah I should have realized that, could be a problem. Though you can't re role things, it is one use per set takes 4 weapons to get one, once used thoughs 4 weapons are gone for ever, and has a low chance of giving anyhting good.

 

 

belive me in order to craft for a unique on this a person would need 40 purples to get a chance to get one that is on the base stats given, if someething like this was added the stats would more likely be 1% to get a rare or unique from this which means 400 purple weapons for a chance at maybe a unique.

 

This is a re role thing, I ain't going to design it so people can take junk grey or green weapons and craft up, that is bad. I also know using rares and uniques in this would be bad cause people would just buy bad ones to craft into good ones. so limited to blue and purple blue may up to rare or purple while purple has a high chance of doing nothing at all.



#7
hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

I have before manytimes, its just any idea of mine that is good is out right ignored by everyone.

 

Also LLtard, read again it would be extremely rare to craft rares or uniques.

 

Don't make it personal, bad idea is a bad idea no matter who it comes from. As it's been pointed out, this idea of yours would be very prone for exploit due to rich players just crafting unis. No matter how much time and fuel cost there would be on it, it would still be exploitable.

 

Here, have my -1.


  • 0

#8
LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

I have before manytimes, its just any idea of mine that is good is out right ignored by everyone.

 

Also LLtard, read again it would be extremely rare to craft rares or uniques.

 

Maybe you want to re-read your own post to see where I got the fact you want to be able to craft rare/unique items;

 

example person puts in 4 blue m249's waits the time and gets either a purple or rare m249 (90% chance purple 10% chance rare)

 

 

note on purples being put into it. If a person gets 4 purples in it, they have a chance of the weapon quality staying purple but with any craft kits on the other weapons combined into the new weapon (no stacks so can't have 4 APS kits, only one would count) this is a 90% chance while the other 10% is that it is turned into a unique.

 

If you don't want people to criticise your idea's, maybe a public forum is not the right place to put them.


  • 0

#9
RainbowDash_Love

RainbowDash_Love
  • 199 posts

Warbrand you want your grenade launcher shotgun unique aswell ? seriously these ideas are so game breaking oh i have some crappy purple fals lets put em in the bench and hey 1 on 10 is unique ! but its a variable its possible that all 10 turn unique which in my opinion is too OP, next time think for 2 seconds longer and realise that this wont happen. This is not Diablo III where you can craft your own legendaries. Go play that and COD for your grenade launcher

 

Anyone see bad Kronosian ideas? not even worth the -1


  • 0

#10
warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

I get critics and am ok with them, thing is many posts like the one right above this one are not critic posts they are just out right hate mongering.

 

 

Also no clue why I keep taking it out a lliquid he is the one critic I actually pay atention to and use to refine the idea.

 

 

Also as stated by pretty much everyone 1 in 10 is a bad number, but keep in mind that costs 4 purple weapons for that chance, also I should have been more realistic and said like 1 in 1,000 or something.



#11
MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 807 posts

Just asking, are we changing the stats on the weapon(crafting bonus) or the quality (which in turn allows a reroll of stats)?


  • 0

#12
hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts


Also no clue why I keep taking it out a lliquid he is the one critic I actually pay atention to and use to refine the idea.


Just wanted to point out that this basically means you are guilty of the same thing you accused most your critics of, which is you only care who the criticism comes from and not what they say. Just like when you said people criticize you and not your ideas. Little hypocritical, wouldn't you say?
  • 0

#13
warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

Just asking, are we changing the stats on the weapon(crafting bonus) or the quality (which in turn allows a reroll of stats)?

 

Idea is most of the time it will just change stats on weapons, rarely will it change quality.

 

Also the thing will only work with blue and purple quality weapons.



#14
MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 807 posts

I just think we need more schematics when looking at it that way :P


  • 0

#15
warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

yeah pretty clear this is a bad idea.



#16
LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

yeah pretty clear this is a bad idea.

 

Hold on a minute......

 

1 day and you have changed your mind?

 

I have before manytimes, its just any idea of mine that is good is out right ignored by everyone.

 

 

May I also bring up the discrepancy in these comments;

 

 

Also LLtard, read again it would be extremely rare to craft rares or uniques.

 

Then

 

Also no clue why I keep taking it out a lliquid he is the one critic I actually pay atention to and use to refine the idea.

 

If you take my feedback properly, what was with the petty name calling and why ignore my counter points?

 

The lashing out is why some people will disagree with everything you say (along with repeat posts about the same idea)


  • 0

#17
warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

Lliqued A quick note I have problems. Anyway so what IT only took at day for me to realize this is a bad idea, cause guess what IT IS A BAD IDEA.

 

 

Even after doing pin and paper calculations on this one no way to balance it and well will be either broken good or bad nomater what so best not to try. aka best to let this idea die.



#18
LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

Lliqued A quick note I have problems. Anyway so what IT only took at day for me to realize this is a bad idea, cause guess what IT IS A BAD IDEA.

 

 

Even after doing pin and paper calculations on this one no way to balance it and well will be either broken good or bad nomater what so best not to try. aka best to let this idea die.

 

If only you would drop your strange fascination with launchers that quickly....

 

After all the threads you have started about them and all the negative feedback you have received, I would hope you have realised.

 

"Pin and paper"??? If you are sewing your ideas, no wonder they are squiffy.

 

Glad to see you have still ignored my responses to this thread (the ones actually about the idea).


  • 0

#19
Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones
  • 242 posts

I could see this having a VERY SMALL chance of happening to craft items up to purple quality(MAX), but overall I don't think con will consider this. Crafting rares and unique would completely shift the looting aspect of the game. people would constantly putting in crap rares to hope for a nice uni.


  • 0

#20
warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

Lliquid I see no responses to the thread about the idea except for one hate comment. Nothing of value is seen.

 

As for my facination with launchers(hate the people lump grenade launchrs with rocket launchers to completely different things) that is cause mechanicly speaking a specific shotgun with a specific ammo mod is mechanically the same as a grenade launcher. (there is also the fact I am an indie game dev and actually know what I am talking about with my ideas for that one)





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: building, crafting, rare, unique, fuel, time, bored, who reads this anyway