Photo

Make Clothing Realistic!

clothing survivor stats buffs health

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Foxi Shandris

Foxi Shandris
  • 163 posts

I like to think that the majority of the players in Last Stand: Dead Zone play the game for the realism (or as realistic something can get for a zombie game), myself included.

But when the first wave of clothing was introduced, it didn't make any sense to me.

Goggles give you health?  Masks give you health?  Police Hats somehow make you reload faster?

Take out your notebooks, Con; let's try and make the clothing that's currently out, and those that you will release eventually, a little more realistic, shall we?

For instance, instead of giving health for almost evey hat, why not make goggles give a vision/range boost?  There's already a book that will do that, so it shouldn't be too hard to implement the same thing into the goggles.

For the UCPD Hat, I like that it increases the reload speed, but how exactly does that work?  It would be a little more realistic, in my opinion, if it instead gave the survivor a weapons level increase by one, as dressing up as someone proficient in weapons use (such as the military, or in this case, a police officer) can give a feeling of actually being able to use weapons proficiently.  There's a psychological term for it, but it escapes me, now.

As for HERC Gas Masks and HERC Masks, I really can't say, since there are no gas-related traps, and smoke grenades don't damage player health.

Please keep things like this in mind for future updates that include clothing, because I'm fairly positive realism is a large aspect of the game you've created.

Rain08

Rain08
  • 1,370 posts

This is a game, not a zombie apocalypse survival simulator, guns here works 100% everytime, a single man can carry anything, from nails, to book cases, etc.. The bonuses are just minor, it's just 1%.

WalkerSniper

WalkerSniper
  • 422 posts

You complain that cloths give very minor bounses in a game were you can: carry 5 carbatteries at once, find shotguns in wardrobes, and people have unlimited amounts of ammo clips for whatever gun they have. A small 1% bounes to anything from a hat doesn't really sound like much in comparsion when talking about realisim.

Edited by zombiesniper, 27 May 2013 - 09:22 AM.

Foxi Shandris

Foxi Shandris
  • 163 posts

You complain that cloths give very minor bounses in a game were you can: carry 5 carbatteries at once, find shotguns in wardrobes, and people have unlimited amounts of ammo clips for whatever gun they have. A small 1% bounes to anything from a hat doesn't really sound like much in comparsion when talking about realisim.

I'm not complaining that the bonuses are small.  I'm saying that the bonuses don't really make sense.  Wouldn't it make more sense for goggles to give a +1 to vision, rather than health?

Midimiaow

Midimiaow
  • 329 posts

Of course, a +1 to survivor weapons ability would instantly make UCPD hats very, very valuable.

Foxi Shandris

Foxi Shandris
  • 163 posts

Of course, a +1 to survivor weapons ability would instantly make UCPD hats very, very valuable.

They have a book for it, already.  Not saying it'd be useful, but it'd friggin make more sense.

David367th

David367th
  • 18 posts

I think its a good idea... :|

It would be ok with me, a little more realism always helps.

PeterTehDumb

PeterTehDumb
  • 1,634 posts

I like to think that the majority of the players in Last Stand: Dead Zone play the game for the realism (or as realistic something can get for a zombie game), myself included.

But when the first wave of clothing was introduced, it didn't make any sense to me.

Goggles give you health?  Masks give you health?  Police Hats somehow make you reload faster?

Take out your notebooks, Con; let's try and make the clothing that's currently out, and those that you will release eventually, a little more realistic, shall we?

For instance, instead of giving health for almost evey hat, why not make goggles give a vision/range boost?  There's already a book that will do that, so it shouldn't be too hard to implement the same thing into the goggles.

For the UCPD Hat, I like that it increases the reload speed, but how exactly does that work?  It would be a little more realistic, in my opinion, if it instead gave the survivor a weapons level increase by one, as dressing up as someone proficient in weapons use (such as the military, or in this case, a police officer) can give a feeling of actually being able to use weapons proficiently.  There's a psychological term for it, but it escapes me, now.

As for HERC Gas Masks and HERC Masks, I really can't say, since there are no gas-related traps, and smoke grenades don't damage player health.

Please keep things like this in mind for future updates that include clothing, because I'm fairly positive realism is a large aspect of the game you've created.

Huh, I'm surprised that I haven't found this thread yet...

Well, sure. Parts of the game is realistic at some point. But hey, no games are completely 100% realistic yet, (at least in my experience..)

I won't complain much about it's stats, but when you actually found a good hat, just consider it a costume for your survivors instead of asking for stat change.

WalkerSniper

WalkerSniper
  • 422 posts

I'm not complaining that the bonuses are small.  I'm saying that the bonuses don't really make sense.  Wouldn't it make more sense for goggles to give a +1 to vision, rather than health?

I wasn't on about the bounes being small I'm saying  that your complaining the clothing bounes doesn't sence while theres thing that even less sence that happen all the time on DZ.

Edited by zombiesniper, 23 June 2013 - 07:10 PM.

z2oxid

z2oxid
  • 26 posts

Hey all i think idea to reupdate hat stats is wery good, 1 % is important for me if its range, or scavengers warp 1% scav speed, shroud 1% trap spotting, all hats hould have a stat, and Con here should be made some zones witch only survivors with gas mask, breather, herc mask can enter i think, couse keys cost alot and wehn u get an hat like gas mask is a big disapointment. Thanks .

Edited by z2oxid, 22 August 2013 - 05:27 PM.

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

If anything, i want a working reading glasses.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: clothing, survivor, stats, buffs, health