Photo

Alliances War Changes - Early 2016

alliances wars points

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
122 replies to this topic

Sev

Sev
  • 553 posts

Last year we announced some potential changes to the wars that we thought may help make things better.

The first of these changes will be coming in early 2016.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New War Targets List

We are adding a new "Individual" targets list to the War tab.  This list will show up a selection of possible targets that are within your level range and don't have protection or any other form of lockout.  The idea is that this list will remove the requirement to go searching through pages and pages of alliances looking for potential targets.

The potential targets are generated from a list of every player that is currently in an alliance and does not have protection.  It will be weighted so that those players that have not been attacked in a while will be pushed to the top.

The "Alliance" based targets list will remain unchanged for now.  We see no reason to remove it at the moment.

AllianceIndividualsCropped.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Points System

Because the new target list returns people from every possible alliance the old method of calculating a score based off the alliance ranks will not work (most targets would be worth 1)

What we are planning to do is have every target worth 10 base points.  There will be up to 10 extra bonus points available based on how good a defender the target appears to be.  (we are basing this off there defensive win/loss ratio)

This system may need to be tweaked once the system is in action, but we think that this is a good place to start.

New Rules

Because all targets are going to be worth a set base amount we realised some less honest players would probably be tempted to try and exploit this via the use of alts or by using friends they have in the neighbourhood.  

To combat this all alliance matches will now need to be started from the Alliance Wars tab.  Any other raids will be worth no alliance points.

Whilst I'm sure there will be some small teething issues whilst we figure out the scoring and the award levels I am confident that this will go a long way to improving the hunt for targets.

FLoor

FLoor
  • 143 posts

cool

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

Interesting.

Presumably the "forced target list" is to keep people from trawling for empty compounds with one man teams (now that everyone is worth the same base points).

I would however think that players will favor hitting a 10 point target in a known PvE-only alliance over a 20 point target in a competitive raiding one.  The 10 point target is much more likely to have nobody home (free points), or even if everyone is home, it's much more likely to be a soft/easy target than a hardened raiders compound.

Just have to wait and see

Edit to add:

As long as it doesn't go back to the "gank fest" that was the first couple of rounds it should be fine.

Edited by Zingman, 11 January 2016 - 03:00 AM.

The Wanderer

The Wanderer
  • 63 posts
Seems to be a pretty decent idea for me since i don't have that much trouble raiding and people who are not that good or doesnt belong to a top raiding alliance can still compete due to the fact that they can raid people with less experience or has the same experience also.

Sev

Sev
  • 553 posts

Presumably the "forced target list" is to keep people from trawling for empty compounds with one man teams (now that everyone is worth the same base points).

That's part of it - it will stop players from constantly hitting the same easy target over and over.  The main reason though was to stop players raiding their friends for easy points / flag swapping / etc.

I would however think that players will favor hitting a 10 point target in a known PvE-only alliance over a 20 point target in a competitive raiding one.  The 10 point target is much more likely to have nobody home (free points), or even if everyone is home, it's much more likely to be a soft/easy target than a hardened raiders compound.

That is one of my fears as well but I want to see how it goes with the current point system.  I can easily adjust the formula to make it so that a better defended targets are worth a lot more / bad defenders are worth less.

The Wanderer

The Wanderer
  • 63 posts

I think that won't cause a major problem because not all raiders are that good and it is a good opportunity to learn how to raid and at the same time for the defenders to improve their defense also. Now the issue about empty pounds, that's the players concern if he/she will leave his compound empty.

ruawizard

ruawizard
  • 426 posts

Glad you guys are working on this!

I'm wondering what will stop the PvE guys leaving their flags unguarded. Raiding alliances members have incentive to defend their flags, but PvE guys thrust into being worth points really don't. 

The Wanderer

The Wanderer
  • 63 posts

Glad you guys are working on this!

I'm wondering what will stop the PvE guys leaving their flags unguarded. Raiding alliances members have incentive to defend their flags, but PvE guys thrust into being worth points really don't. 

Now the PvE players are forced to either equip a White Flag or defend their flags properly. But in the high level area there is not much to work with because finding decent level 50 LRs takes time and i mean a looooot of time. They would probably just leave their flags hanging to one side to avoid casualties.

ruawizard

ruawizard
  • 426 posts

Well now PvEs can give away their flags and it isn't a problem, because they quickly become worthless to the PvP alliances as their scores increase.  But if they're worth +10 for an entire round it becomes a huge issue...

THE CAMANDO

THE CAMANDO
  • 49 posts

anything you do to give us more targets is very greatly welcomed !!!   :)

The Wanderer

The Wanderer
  • 63 posts

Well now PvEs can give away their flags and it isn't a problem, because they quickly become worthless to the PvP alliances as their scores increase.  But if they're worth +10 for an entire round it becomes a huge issue...

Yeah that is the worst possible issue that the devs will face because the new system allows all targets to have base 10 points PvE or PvP alike.

Lanceyy

Lanceyy
  • 222 posts

glad to see some progress on this front!

I noticed another problem with the current war target system at the end of last round:

At the end of last round alliances up to about ranked #65 were worth points for lvl55 players, but the war target list doesnt contain that many alliances.

Also, the last alliance on the last war target page is always bugged. its always a random alliance, and not the one that should be in that place cause of its rank in the war,  and thus mostly worth 0 points

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

Now the PvE players are forced to either equip a White Flag or defend their flags properly. But in the high level area there is not much to work with because finding decent level 50 LRs takes time and i mean a looooot of time. They would probably just leave their flags hanging to one side to avoid casualties.

Far from it.

My reaction to this change (if I didn't have a white flag) would be to move my flag outside my compound wall (aesthetics be damned) and place it where it could be easily stolen.   Minimize damage/injuries incurred while a raider comes to take the flag -- both to me -- and the attacker.

I couldn't care less about my flag being stolen.

Yup. which is why the first couple of wars were so bad.

The Wanderer

The Wanderer
  • 63 posts
I'm level 55 and dedicated to PvE only. I do own some LRs but can't be parred to the guns that SP, KBF, KW members have, but if the generation of targets is random then i guess a few raids on your compound wont hurt.

Sev

Sev
  • 553 posts

You make a valid point about those non-defending players being worth too many points.  That is something I had not considered for some reason.

What I can do is tweak the points formula so that those people sharply drop off in value.  For example, if you think of a players defence ranking being a number from 0 to 10, I could curve the scores like this:

0 = 5 pts

1 = 10 pts

5 = 15 pts

10 = 30 pts

This would mean those players that don't defend at all aren't worth much, but they are still there if you are lot on targets.  It would also mean that someone who feeds off easy targets would have to do at least twice as many as someone who goes after someone who at least tries to defend.

Also, I can skew the upper scores so that if someone is a really good defender they are worth a lot more points.

Let me know if think that is any better.

The Wanderer

The Wanderer
  • 63 posts

You make a valid point about those non-defending players being worth too many points.  That is something I had not considered for some reason.

What I can do is tweak the points formula so that those people sharply drop off in value.  For example, if you think of a players defence ranking being a number from 0 to 10, I could curve the scores like this:

0 = 5 pts
1 = 10 pts
5 = 15 pts
10 = 30 pts

This would mean those players that don't defend at all aren't worth much, but they are still there if you are lot on targets.  It would also mean that someone who feeds off easy targets would have to do at least twice as many as someone who goes after someone who at least tries to defend.

Also, I can skew the upper scores so that if someone is a really good defender they are worth a lot more points.

Let me know if think that is any better.

This is a very good idea countering empty compounds but how would you guys know if that compound's defence is good or not?

Sev

Sev
  • 553 posts

This is a very good idea countering empty compounds but how would you guys know if that compound's defence is good or not?

For the last month or so I have been collecting extra alliance stats about players.  One of them is the results from the last X number of alliance attacks you have had.  I divide the number of times you haven't had your flag stolen by the number of attacks and figure out a percentage.

The more times your flag isn't stolen, the more points you will be worth.

The Wanderer

The Wanderer
  • 63 posts

For the last month or so I have been collecting extra alliance stats about players. One of them is the results from the last X number of alliance attacks you have had. I divide the number of times you haven't had your flag stolen by the number of attacks and figure out a percentage.

Ah briliant but i assume that would take a lot of calculations just to evaluate every person on each server and would take a lot of work on your part, possible errors are inevitable also. Also assuming that the points rewarded for good compounds is just a bonus separate from the base 10 or i could be wrong.

Edited by The Wanderer, 11 January 2016 - 06:06 AM.

Mad Martin

Mad Martin
  • 7 posts

For the last month or so I have been collecting extra alliance stats about players.  One of them is the results from the last X number of alliance attacks you have had.  I divide the number of times you haven't had your flag stolen by the number of attacks and figure out a percentage.

ok but i dont understand how will work that with a good Deff and a Bad Deff.I was Raidet the last Time 7 times 3 times from the same Player but all Raids was only with 1 or 2 Surv so i win them all.That mean with the new Points system im worth much more points even that im not a Raider at the end only why some Weak player try to att again and again.And even there i see a problems with multi acc if i have 2 Acc that are near the same level i chose 1 weak Player and att him 10 Times but i dont take his Banner so he are worth much more points and then i get the points with the other Acc.

The Wanderer

The Wanderer
  • 63 posts
I can't wait to test out the new point system. I'm having troubles reaching 300 points because of lack of targets and o hope this is the solution. I can already see the not so good raiding alliances scoring big points also because of this. All out war!

Edited by The Wanderer, 11 January 2016 - 09:05 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alliances, wars, points