• 14 posts

My Trap Ideas:

Pit trap (With or without spikes)

-Only buildable outside.

-Upgradable to include spikes.

-About as large as the wire traps.

-Maximum of 2 able to build.

-Not able to disarm.

With raids: Hard to spot, once walked over downs the survivor that stepped on it.

With horde attacks: Same as with raids, zombies go around the trap once an infected has fallen inside. 

Bear Trap

-Buildable anywhere.

-Not upgradable

-Small

-Easy/Medium to disarm

With Raids: Normal spotting, Immobilizes survivors and slowly drains health until it is disarmed.

With Horde attacks: Traps an Infected indefinitely dealing damage.

Falling Cage

-Buildable indoors.

-Upgradable to make stronger.

-Medium to spot

-Hard to disarm

With Raids: Triggered when stepped underneath, trapping any survivors below. Deals no damage, just traps survivors. Only able to disarm from the outside.

With Horde attacks: Traps infected indefinitely. 

Rigged Alliance Flag

-attach one grenade to your alliance flag.

-when the flag is taken, grenade drops.

-3/5 seconds until explosion.

warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

the only one of these that seems good is the rigged flag.

ryanfarrant

ryanfarrant
  • 3 posts

Not to sure about the pit trap because if a survivor goes into the trap because if it traps them you say they go down automatically so what would be the point in upgrading it? Also id think its a little op for a survivor to go down instantly maybe if they had to be commanded to climb out and the trap also made them more vulnerable to attacks it would be better.

Otherwise i like all the other trap ideas but my favorite is probably the falling cage. 

passing player

passing player
  • 467 posts

maybe make the pit trap where the survivor falls in, takes damage, and while climbing out be vulnerable to defender shooting.

but otherwise all good ideas.

Buue

Buue
  • 657 posts

the only one of these that seems good is the rigged flag.

Because there's a grenade? -.-

LeatherPants

LeatherPants
  • 81 posts
These sound like good, creative ideas. I'd never considered the flag trap, but an explosive trap attached to compound doors was an idea I've considered tossing out.

Deb

Deb
  • 5 posts

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but how about a kill counter for our WOM's and other related items.  That would be neat.  Hover mouse over the wom and see how many victims it's claimed, or wire traps.  :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TrapsCompound, Construction, Raids