Photo

Weapon Idea (throwing Knives, Axes, Etc.)

weaponsgear raiding defense items

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

colinofthelees

colinofthelees
  • 14 posts

Ok so this idea is about combining ranged and melee to make throwables. 

The idea is a work in progress, but I feel like you could go multiple ways with it. You could make using these throwables cost ammo, or you can make them secondary gear such as grenades. 

Tell me what you think!

warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

Think throwing knives where talked about before, shot down as an active gear, and would not make sense as a weapon.

Maruse

Maruse
  • 791 posts

Think throwing knives where talked about before, shot down as an active gear, and would not make sense as a weapon.

Just as your grenade launcher.

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

Throwing knives would be hard to come by, meaning we'd have to retreive the ones we throw, I don't think my survivors are willing to do that.

Ronan

Ronan
  • 210 posts

I don't think that would be hard to implement as a secondary gear. It could have a great damage against survivors and hercs, you wouldn't recover them but need to find new ones. It could be interesting to be able to bring more than two by default. The real question is: would we need additional stuff in our inventories that would be useful in a very limited number of cases ? Keep in mind we do not use nades on zeds even with their exploding range, knives would be pointless. Difficult to use in raids because you couldn't throw them from as far as a sniping range. And for hercs, it would be useful only if it could kill them in one throw.

Fancy stuff, but I don't see a real use for them.

Edited by Ronan, 20 December 2015 - 11:00 PM.

warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

uh the "ninja stars" are just another type of throwing knife.

but yeah not a good idea.

Buue

Buue
  • 657 posts

uh the "ninja stars" are just another type of throwing knife.

but yeah not a good idea.

Like grenade launchers...

Aubrey Dickson Retired

Aubrey Dickson Retired
  • 715 posts

Like grenade launchers...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: weaponsgear, raiding, defense, items