Photo

Island Gear Idea: Camo Military Armor

armor camo combat helmets

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

Just a minor idea but how about giving camo military armor with stiles similar to the masks and combat helmets as to allow for themed survivors.

base idea

Herc camo armor

info: full body armor designed to be light and flexible but also protective

cammo type

khaki, alpine, desert, dark, DCU, burned (has orange splotches rarest camo), navy, and raider (dark brown with a skull on the front)

secondary idea camo matched

give a soldier a full set of camo armor (herc mask, combat helmet, and camo armor) and their under armor will change to match the base color, with base under armors being, navy, green, black, and alpine. green being the main.

Edited by warbrand2, 27 December 2015 - 05:43 PM.

Maruse

Maruse
  • 816 posts

This armour is completely useless.

Edited by Maruse, 27 December 2015 - 09:41 AM.

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

I LOVE it, let's also put Iron-Man hot-rod red and yellow, batman black, Hatsune Miku blue, and my personal favorite -- Hot pink. Why stop there? let's also add power-armor frames and pieces like that from the fallout, from the measly T-45, to the amazing X-01.

Seriously though, we already have good armors for the Island. It'll be a needless work, a waste of time for the devs.

Edited by The Architect, 27 December 2015 - 01:11 PM.

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

I LOVE it, let's also put Iron-Man hot-rod red and yellow, batman black, Hatsune Miku blue, and my personal favorite -- Hot pink. Why stop there? let's also add power-armor frames and pieces like that from the fallout, from the measly T-45, to the amazing X-01.

Seriously though, we already have good armors for the Island. It'll be a needless work, a waste of time for the devs.

Nice :D Though I would LOVE some Power Ranger armor. Pink for the Victory!

Seriously though, this idea is just bad because it is unnecessary. The armor suggested here already exists in a sense as full body armor (without the cosmetics).

Yeah, basic Warbrand non-sense here.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 817 posts

I envision another type of armor   ...STANDBY FOR TITANFALL!

Anyways, I've been talking to warbrand over on Kong, and i kind of agree that i would love to look cool.

We already have:

-Alpine Combat Helmets

-Alpine Assault masks

-Arctic weapons

Now we just need a good armor/vest to finish the arctic soldier look (i'm working on that).

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

The whole "would look cool" is a horrible basis for any idea since it is a complete waste of everyones time. It is a waste of time to make a post about it, it is a waste of time to debate about it. Not going to happen since Con has a LOT of better things to do and it is very arrogant to think that yor idea of "cool" is in any way important. Sorry.

warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

And at this point I am 100% sure, almost no one on the forums plays the game anymore. cause topics that people in game think would work and think are good ideas the forums think is crap.

Huge disconnect from the forums and the game, makes me think that anything here is invalid as almost always the forums opinion is completely different then people in game.

Also from experience it does not take much work to make reskins of item like 30 to 40 minutes max for items as low detailed as in this game.

warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

And that is an outright lie, and you know it.

Maruse

Maruse
  • 816 posts

No they seriously are complete trash. you should stop posting permanently it's better for all of us.

Edited by Maruse, 27 December 2015 - 04:26 PM.

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

And at this point I am 100% sure, almost no one on the forums plays the game anymore. cause topics that people in game think would work and think are good ideas the forums think is crap.

Huge disconnect from the forums and the game, makes me think that anything here is invalid as almost always the forums opinion is completely different then people in game.

Also from experience it does not take much work to make reskins of item like 30 to 40 minutes max for items as low detailed as in this game.

100% sure is a pretty big claim, are you ready to back that up? ;) Because I'm a very active player so your 100% per cent is already wrong. And you play too. So don't be silly.

What I think is that it is a very small per cent of players that write on this forum but the ones that do are the very ACTIVE per cent also. So, in that way what most have to say on this forum have a good handle on the game. That includes you.

The thing is that we all have a very different view on what is necessary or cool. I'm a very visual player too and even though the basic idea of having more variety in the cosmetics of the survivors would be nice, the way you suggested of doing it by creating a completely new armor (taking time from devs, taking inventory space which is an issue for many etc) is not the way to do it. And I'm basing that on my view of the game.

Maybe the disconnect between the game and the forum is the fact that most here have much more experience what is a good idea, suggested before or game breaking. The fact that a random small group of people in chat agree with you has no value here. Or anywhere for that matter.

On the fact that it wouldn't be a huge issue to make re-skins might be true. But you are not the one to make that assesment. Con is. It is his game. And it has no bearing on your argumnet that you have experience in game development. You are not the developer of this game. They have much more experience developing THIS game than you so your word doesn't really have any value on this. Not to me at least. If Con thinks this was important or useful it would already be in the game. It has been suggested so many times already (the basic idea of reskins, that is)

It is his (or her) opinion. Not a lie. I don't think your EVERY idea is horrible, if that is important.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 817 posts

houMJYC.png

Current armor looks good for arctic weapons, but i'm pretty sure you can find other things to improvise into camo.

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

houMJYC.png

Current armor looks good for arctic weapons, but i'm pretty sure you can find other things to improvise into camo.

Nice :) Though I find much more cool (seems to be the theme here) the new recon armor, black helmet and Hunter bounty mask on recon. But this is my whole point. What is cool to one is not to other. So the whole basis of this thread is mute.

I'm done with this topic now :D

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 817 posts

Nice :) Though I find much more cool (seems to be the theme here) the new recon armor, black helmet and Hunter bounty mask on recon. But this is my whole point. What is cool to one is not to other. So the whole basis of this thread is mute.

I'm done with this topic now :D

NOOO hershelwise!

Don't be done with this topic without showing a screenshot of (Recon Armor + black CH + Hunter Mask)! :P

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

NOOO hershelwise!

Don't be done with this topic without showing a screenshot of (Recon Armor + black CH + Hunter Mask)! :P

I have no idea how to do that, sorry :D I'm sure you can try that set up for yourself shough ;)

Prpich25

Prpich25
  • 242 posts

One of the biggest issue with your armour is it has no level consideration. It would be at best lower mid level armour, high lvl 20-mid lvl 30, based on those stats alone. So is this idea just for those players? This is not something that could be used by all players after attaining a certain level, And that's one of the biggest issues with your "idea". This also bring up some other issues.

Is this just premium gear? Only attainable through boxs? Store bought? Or scav'able? Craftable? Would it be made for more then just one lvl tier? What about balance? Can it be found as rare or uni?

An idea is fine, but if you don't consider all of the issue's which can be brought around by the idea, it will be shot down every time cause you're not going into greater detail other then its "cool", and some sense of immersion, that so far only benefits certain levels at best. You would of been better off trying to get the ability to customize armour texture color.

Edited by Prpich25, 27 December 2015 - 05:10 PM.

warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

the stats where just there for completeness sake, they litterally mean nothing, removed cause people don't reallize any stats posted are pointless anyway.

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

Your posts seem to be pointless since you don't in any way listen what people comment on your ideas. You just take everything as a personal attack unless someone agrees with you. I don't understand why you bother posting ideas. You seem to be only interested in praises and all criticism is disregarded. Stop posting if you have no critical thinking skills and get your ego stroked somewhere else. Ass.

warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

Well I use to do well with critisism then I came here where people think that personal attacks are critisim look at your damn post and you can easily point at several attacks.

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

Excluding my latest post I only criticized your idea and at least TWICE defended you from personal attacks from for example Maruse.

Where did I present personal attacks? I have only responded to your previous posts. Now please explain your assertion of personal attacks.

Edit: Actually don't bother because you haven't explained your accusations before and I don't think you will start now. You have to be the most dishonest person I have encountered on these forums. All you do is cry foul and accuse everyone of personal attacks and when asked to explain yourself you respond with something like "read for yourself" or "it was obvious and I'm not going to explain". If you think I'm not being correct here, prove me wrong.

And to be clear, when I'm talking about personal attacks, I'm talking about ad hominems. If you don't know what they are, here is the link: https://en.wikipedia...wiki/Ad_hominem

Edited by hershelwise, 27 December 2015 - 08:26 PM.

Aubrey Dickson Retired

Aubrey Dickson Retired
  • 729 posts

Warbrand please come up with a idea that might actually be implemented

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: armor, camo, combat helmets