Infected Bounty With Weapon Type Challenge

bounty weapons challenge

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

JawZ

JawZ
  • 16 posts

Hi,

Why not having a second type of Infected Bounty, based on a mandatory choice of a specific type of weapon ?

It would be a kind of bet, launched to survivors... Like for the current bounty, there would be objectives to complete in 3 different areas, but for which only the kills made by the weapons of the required type would be accounted...
For instance : A Pistol challenge bounty with as objectives : 10 riots + 5 bruisers in West Brick ; 5 police + 10 military in The Bricks : 30 runners + 5 riots in Alton. And only the killes done with pistols would be accounted.

If at least one of the objectives is done within the given time (24 hours ?), the player wins a bounty box where one of the item would be a weapon of the given type. The quality of the item could depend on the number of met objectives : 1 objective reached, it would be an elite weapon ; 2 objectives, it would be a rare one; the 3 objectives, a unique one.

Due to the weapon restriction for the kills counters, the objective should be a little bit lower than the normal infected bounty.
Then, players could play all the missions with the weapons they want to use, only the counters would be sensitive to the weapon restriction. So that means, for example, for a pistol challenge, if a player sends a full squad without any pistol equiped, there won't be any accounted kills.

I think this could be an harder way to play bounty, with a bigger tactical part in gameplay (notably if you have to aim specific zombis with a survivor and the other survivors have weapons with bigger ranges :) )...

Last remark, maybe objectives per type of infected would be really hard to reach... Perhaps the objectives could be numbers of infected of any types : For instance 100 infected / 200 infected / 500 infected.

Regards,

pussyriot

pussyriot
  • 20 posts

This is same stupid as there will be requirement that only killed by Leaders are counting . I mean that it depends,how lucky you are because i win bounties and i almost always get automatic weapons,rifles,shotguns and i have very weak pistols . So it means that many players can´t win pistol duels,because they don´t have pistols or these are very weak.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 701 posts

I like this idea a lot.

I'm not sure what the post above is saying though.

Considering how rare bruisers and police are on bounties, I'd say having a number of infected killed per level would be a better idea.

JawZ

JawZ
  • 16 posts

@pussyriot : That's the idea... You don't have good pistols and you have to do a bounty with mainly pistols.... That's the CHALLENGE ! :)

I also don't have good pistols... it would be hard to complete for me. Anyway, it was only an example. The "challenged" bounty wouldn't be restricted to pistol. It could be of any weapon type. A day it would be a LR challenge bounty, another day a melee challenge or AR, etc... It wouldn't replace the existing normal bounty. This would be a second one and it could occur at a different rate than the normal bounty (once per week ?).

This idea is just to have another way to play and to have fun for us. For CON, this will increase the game features and at low cost as most of the program logics are already existing (for instance the kill counters per weapon types are already existing - see the achievements ;) ). I don't think it would need lot of coding to implement such a thing. It doesn't need new graphics (except modifications in the box to launch the bounty), maps, weapons, etc...

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

I was about to say that this idea seems too complicated to be useful but then you added that this would be a second bounty :D

Here, have my plus one.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bounty, weapons, challenge