Book Idea: Union Island Tour

island raid book zombies herc

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

-idea dropped go home-

Edited by warbrand2, 08 January 2016 - 09:31 PM.

warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

And really wondering why people are downvoting this as this is an ok idea, and there are people like me that really freaking hate the PvP mechanics of this game.

Maruse

Maruse
  • 816 posts

People do the island in a hope of GETTING the unique raid haul so a book that removes the ability to get the unique raid haul is insanely idiotic.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

HERC on Union Island =/ Raiding (PvP)

(Actually raiding =/ PvP either imho, but that's another matter entirely)

You could argue that we're raiding Con's compound, as he (or one the other devs) has setup the island, much like we the playerbase sets up our compound to defend against raids, but Con just had more boards/pieces to play with.   There is however a very key difference.   The Island raids are designed to be hard, but defeatable.  In many cases its just a matter or learning the right point to attack from and HERC goes down like wet tissue paper.   Player designed compounds on the other hand, are designed (as best they can) to be undefeatable. 

Also...

The idea of not getting a unique raid haul for the island just seems a bit off base to me.

Edited by Zingman, 07 January 2016 - 06:06 AM.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

color: purple

lock out time: 2 days

description: the ins and outs of union island, includes buildings plans.

does: Disabled herc encounters and the third part of the raid, making it a zombie only event. (this also removes all chances of getting the unique raid hall)

Reason for this book: some people like me hate the PvP aspect of this game with a passion, would be nice to have the option to bypass it for the island so we at least have a chance of getting the good weapons.

Not sure if you are confused here or not.

No chance of getting a Unique Haul reduces the chance of getting the "good" weapons seeing as the majority of Rares end up in the recycler to make Infamous Components.

Despite being a PVE Player, I actually prefer the HERC Maps on the Island

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

And really wondering why people are downvoting this as this is an ok idea, and there are people like me that really freaking hate the PvP mechanics of this game.

People are downvoting because they think it is a bad idea. If you don't, cool. Most people seem to think it is.

Not sure if you are confused here or not.

No chance of getting a Unique Haul reduces the chance of getting the "good" weapons seeing as the majority of Rares end up in the recycler to make Infamous Components.

Despite being a PVE Player, I actually prefer the HERC Maps on the Island

I prefer the HERC maps too even though I'm not PvP player. I like the challenge. It takes couple of runs to learn but after you do, it is very muuch doable consistently. And the exclusion of uni raid haul is just stupid, why would anyone ever use that book?

warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

So you are downvoting somethign cause it is something you do not see yourself personally using.... yeah good logic there.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 715 posts

Seemed like a good idea, till I got to the part about removing the third part of the raid and removing the uni haul.

Something else would needed to be put there instead.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

So you are downvoting somethign cause it is something you do not see yourself personally using.... yeah good logic there.

Who are you asking?

People who have replied have said they see no benefit to removing the Uni haul.

It seems you want an "Island Lite" that removes both the challenge and the reward

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

I don't think even he knows who he is asking. Someone should just dial Whine-one-one and call the Whaaaambulance for him already.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 817 posts

So suppose I am entirely PvE, don't raid, don't want to raid, etc.

I can say that LRs are completely and totally useless and that their price in the market is completely irrational in relevance to their practical value [in PvE].

On the other side, a raider who only does missions when he/she needs to and gets supplied weapons by his alliance-mates, he/she is a devout raider.

They would say that the WF book is a complete waste of a book slot and removal from the best part of the game.

These viewpoints would be perfectly fine for you alone, but when looking at the big picture, this isn't an accurate representation of what is really going on. You may not like/use or believe in the value of an LR, or the place of the WF book, seeing everyone's opinions and understanding them is part of good, well-informed decision-making.

People interpret this idea as not something they would personally use, yes, but they also interpret it as useless in general as well, removing the "challenge" of Union Island that makes it supposedly fun. Also, because many would be hard-pressed to sacrifice one of their limited book slots whereas they could just get better at island.

omar_abdallah_1

omar_abdallah_1
  • 121 posts

warb the island will be so easy , and won't be funny to play island 

sorry -1

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,763 posts

The idea seems completely pointless to be honest. Just do normal missions with some mission books if you want a challenge, two zed maps of the island can't be so different, especially without a reward haul. I'm sure some new neighbourhoods will come around before to long, though be especially cool if they were a mixture of zeds and things shooting back at us. 

kijhvitc

kijhvitc
  • 282 posts

OP this idea is just never going to happen. Sorry to offend you but doing the island should always have 1 herc and 1 infected map. If you don't like herc compounds because they are hard that is too bad. I do not raid but like herc maps.

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

It seems like the desired behavior (zed island maps only, without reward) can be achieved already.  Start a raid, at the first sign of HERC, restart browser and abandon raid.  No HERC, no reward, no new book needed.

lolzarz

lolzarz
  • 410 posts

The only reason I don't do PvP is on the principle that it hurts other players. Fighting HERC does no one harm and benefits me. Why wouldn't I do that?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: island raid, book, zombies, herc