radfordshaun
  • 2 posts

The Black Screen Bug is back!

This time it just randomly occurs either when,

- Leaving the compound to view the map
- Starting a mission

- In the middle of a mission

- Returning to the compound

And pretty much just whenever else it feels like it.

Not just myself. Other players experiencing it also.

Only started experiencing this issue recently, as did others.

Severely annoying when you are attempting to complete a task/mission that requires you to go to a particular area/building type.

So you click on that mission, gear up your survivors the area starts to load... aaand then game crashes with black screen and you have to close the window and re-open the game completely.

Then once you finally log back in, that area is locked for 24hours like you had visited that area

This issue also randomly occurs at times when you first open the game, it does the first loading screen, then goes black and STAYS BLACK!

So you have to close it and open it again (Sometimes several times) just so it will run.

Also others experiencing this same issue.

passing player

passing player
  • 467 posts

it happens to me when after a mission it stays black, the alliance and all other icons are gone.

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones
  • 242 posts

happens to me once in awhile but I just refresh and it goes away

radfordshaun

radfordshaun
  • 2 posts

happens to me once in awhile but I just refresh and it goes away

Refreshing does fix the issue, the problem to begin with is that its causing issues with being able to complete missions and such.

If i get a black screen during a mission and refresh, its as if the mission hasn't been done, but the location still gets locked for 24 hours.

Which is a real pain if you have to search that particular area (or get kills or whatever other requirements) because it counts as having not been done at all.

Leaving you with no objective progress and a location you cant visit again for 24 hours to complete the objective.

Salif

Salif
  • 108 posts

This happens to me also, mostly after running a mission, the screen will just go black. 

One time I just sat there and waited, and after 45 seconds to a minute it came back . So this is what I do now when the screen goes black.

I just sit and wait it out, and it always comes back ..   so far

BridgeofSighs

BridgeofSighs
  • 10 posts

I went on a mission and less than a minute into it, the screen goes black. I can still see damage happening from my guys shooting, but I cannot see anything else. I can move the screen, but have no idea where my people are, and restarting results in a Total Party Kill, and the area where the black screen occurred is locked.

So, I've wasted time and will waste money healing these guys back up when they finally arrive back at base.

What is the source of this problem, and what sort of compensation can we get for this cock-up?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: black screen