Photo

Arctic M107 Bad Craft

#bad craft #zmas

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

EPICboss007

EPICboss007
  • 41 posts

i had the alliance craft boost active and a prem zmas box craft boost but i still got that crappy weapon. is the system bugged or is it  just ''weird''?!

http://snag.gy/EJs93.jpg

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

You only crafted that one? Because all those boosts increase the Chances of high stats, they don't Guarantee one :) So one craft with the boosts is only random luck. As would be 10 crafts. Or 100. All the boosts do increase the chances, all the rest is all random.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 792 posts

There's a difference between chance of getting a crafting bonus and magnitude. Books like Gunsmith Monthly and Quality Crafts along with alliance boosts, box boosts, etc. only affect the chance of getting a bonus, not the magnitude.

And on event crafts like the 107, the crafting boosts are guaranteed on every stat, rendering crafting bonus buffs irrelevant.

Crafting bonuses are random, so the only way to increase the chances of getting a better craft is to craft more:

EftwYin.png

(That's not all) So, crafting multiple 107s is surely better than crafting 1, right?

No, because with statistical probability, nothing is certain.

I have gotten a 1/1/1 craft, 2 maxdmgs, 2 max aps ones, and 5x 20% rangers out of 53 crafts.

Anyone else who does the same thing would come out differently almost every time.

I did not get a maxcraft on range in 53 attempts, but i have seen one guy do it in 1.

Probability, probability ... RNG is a <censored>.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,133 posts

There's a difference between chance of getting a crafting bonus and magnitude. Books like Gunsmith Monthly and Quality Crafts along with alliance boosts, box boosts, etc. only affect the chance of getting a bonus, not the magnitude.

This.

It's why I tell people to never use the "Quality Crafts" book 

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,677 posts

Quality Crafts should, by now, affect the chance of a quality craft.

It's a pointless waste of fuel as it is at the moment.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 792 posts

Quality Crafts should, by now, affect the chance of a quality craft.

It's a pointless waste of fuel as it is at the moment.

If QC affects it, then so should GSM, but to a much smaller degree.

Doing it to QC and not GSM would just make GSM obsolete imho.

Buue

Buue
  • 657 posts

If QC affects it, then so should GSM, but to a much smaller degree.

Doing it to QC and not GSM would just make GSM obsolete imho.

Or have GSM increase chance to a much higher degree than it is now? So both books can be used as a combo with the alliance boost.

Andre F S R

Andre F S R
  • 282 posts

This.

It's why I tell people to never use the "Quality Crafts" book 

Quality crafts doesn´t even guarante 100% chanches of better stuff, it just increases the amount of fuel and gives around 1-19% , some crafts would be good, some wouldn´t be that good, just a matter of luck....