Photo

Survivor Kit

Flash Chrome FireFox Armorgames

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Nconvenience

Nconvenience
  • 50 posts

So I got bored and made an Armorgames account to play Union City (so I could buy the survivor kit and mess around).

I clicked play after it was finished, watched the whole intro thing and then I went to pay for the survivor kit via Paypal and the payment went through. Then Adobe/Shockwave Flash Player crashed. I figured it was no real problem, and I got to the menu and it's worked fine so far, so a simple refresh should fix it.

I refreshed the page and let it run again, clicked play and when it got to the menu, it crashed again. I've repeat this process about 8 times now. I've also tried to disable the flash player in about:plugins but it tells me I need it enabled to even load the game at all. Then I tried playing it on FireFox and the same problem still gets me. The window that pops up keeps telling me a script in the movie is making the flash player run slowly and if it is allowed to continue, my computer may become unresponsive. 

Now either

A: This is the fault of Chrome AND Firefox (I doubt this option is the problem)

B: This is the fault of Adobe/Shockwave Flash Players (built into Chrome I might add)

C: This is the fault of Armorgame's website. I argue this because it runs absolutely fine on Kongregate, and the issue arises when I get to the menu on Armorgames and the game logging me in crashes the entire browser. I HAVE tried logging out on the Armorgames website and logging in in-game, but the same thing happens.

I want possible solutions that I can try that may fix this issue or, if nothing can be done to fix the issue, get a refund for purchasing the Survivor Kit. I have already send a ticket to Armorgames about this issue.

Edited by Nconvenience, 11 January 2016 - 03:25 AM.

Nconvenience

Nconvenience
  • 50 posts

And I do have my receipt and transaction IDs to show if requested (would prefer to send this information privately rather than posting here).

Con

Con
  • 4,103 posts

Hey, 

There was a bug that was causing the game to crash when you purchased the Survival Kit on Armor Games, but it was fixed late last year. 

- Can you give us any more information about when you tried this?

- Operating system?

- Flash version?

Worst case, I would reverse the charge through Armor and get your money back.

Nconvenience

Nconvenience
  • 50 posts

I had tried it at 9:48pm (I know this because I signed up for Armorgames and immediately opened the game there).

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium and my Adobe Flash version is 20.0.0.267.

Nconvenience

Nconvenience
  • 50 posts

Tried it again this morning at 8:37am and again half an hour later to make sure it worked, it seems to be working fine (small hiccup in that the game doesn't log me in automatically and logging in in-game kinda bugs out for a second but other than that, perfect).

Thanks a ton for your help! :D

Con

Con
  • 4,103 posts

Tried it again this morning at 8:37am and again half an hour later to make sure it worked, it seems to be working fine (small hiccup in that the game doesn't log me in automatically and logging in in-game kinda bugs out for a second but other than that, perfect).

Thanks a ton for your help! :D

No problem. It sounds like it might've been a problem with Armor Games not being able to load your profile properly. Glad to hear it's working for you!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Flash, Chrome, FireFox, Armorgames