Photo

Multiple Floors

Looting PvE

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

colinofthelees

colinofthelees
  • 14 posts

My simple idea is that it seems that PvE areas are becoming very large maps. I was thinking con could make multiple floors in some of the buildings, such as department stores. It just makes each floor smaller and the game more realistic. Tell me what you think.

Nconvenience

Nconvenience
  • 53 posts

I like the idea, it could work in a way like Union Island does right now I suppose. If you go immediately to the next floor(s) (as opposed to going back to your compound after finishing the current map, as on Union Island) then there may need to be a new icon on the bottom right that is easily distinguishable from the 'leave now' button. 

The one issue I have about this is how many zombies could there really be on the second (and higher) floors? I'd think zombies would gradually make their way down floors to the ground and basement floors and wouldn't generally go up floors, with nearly all of them there at this point in the story (bit over 3 years after it all began). Maybe I'm wrong, I never experienced a zombie apocalypse in real life.

colinofthelees

colinofthelees
  • 14 posts

I like the idea, it could work in a way like Union Island does right now I suppose. If you go immediately to the next floor(s) (as opposed to going back to your compound after finishing the current map, as on Union Island) then there may need to be a new icon on the bottom right that is easily distinguishable from the 'leave now' button. 

The one issue I have about this is how many zombies could there really be on the second (and higher) floors? I'd think zombies would gradually make their way down floors to the ground and basement floors and wouldn't generally go up floors, with nearly all of them there at this point in the story (bit over 3 years after it all began). Maybe I'm wrong, I never experienced a zombie apocalypse in real life.

You do have a point about the infected spawning points, but there could still be areas DOWNstairs if upstairs doesn't work

kijhvitc

kijhvitc
  • 282 posts

While this is a nice idea, the amount of programming required just would not be worth it.

serraf

serraf
  • 12 posts

Actually, that could be interresting to create a button "see through". This button on we could have the current view. This button off we could have the roofs of the buildings. That could be interresting to see and equip the roof of our internal compound with new barricades, heavy machine guns, grails, whatever...

That would be also interresting for streets, park, and even warehouses where that could allow level designers to create small buildings, mezzanine or stuff like this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Looting, PvE