Kong Or Ag/fb/yahoo For Player Not Planning To Get Dmu

DMU

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

vincete

vincete
  • 4 posts

TL;DR :

- Should a new player not planning to buy DeathMobile Upgrade start at Kongregate or Armor Games / Facebook / Yahoo?

- No hate talk plz, personal experience welcomed.

After some research on this forum, these are the pros and cons respectively

Kongregate:

- Pros: less flooding of rare items, items prices relatively fairly

- Cons: much less players (can anyone give me a description of the size of the Kong DZ community?)

AG / FB / Yahoo

- Pros: all these accounts are linked, so a much larger community

- Cons: price of items are fairly inflated

I'd particularly like to hear from Kong users and AB/FB/Yh users with no DMU. TYVM :)

P.S. For those who don't know, DMU stands for deathmobile upgrade. Deathmobile can be upgraded with a one time payment of 30 US Dollars (real cash only, not fuel), which will cause all mission return times to be reduced to 5 minutes for manual missions and 10 minutes for automated missions. (from DZ wikia)

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 817 posts

If you aren't planning to get DMU, i'd say come join us over at Kong, where you will find a balanced game awaiting you :)

AG/FB is the most populous server where many of the forumites reside, heard some great things about this server (populous, but you will be outclassed by DMU users).

Yahoo isn't as populous as AG/FB (don't know size in relation to Kong), nor does it have a balanced game like Kong, so I can't see any obvious advantages on Yahoo as of now.

Us in The New World Republic [TNR] can help you out if you choose Kong,

but if you have family or friends that play on another server, by all means, go with the server with the people you know.

IgorC

IgorC
  • 191 posts

If you want to buy DMU, Kongregate isnt the place for you.

Telling of players, logging into Kong chat may give us a notion on the total number of players(some players may be logged to other rooms), in the good days, the most populated, the numbers ranges from 180-200. The biggest number ive seen was about 200-205. On the average days, this number may be between 150-180 or maybe less. Usually in the morning, theres less people. Ive seen the lowest numbers a bit before the island update, when there were roughly 8 players or so in the chat room. The numbers are stable now since the island update.

In game chat doesnt have many many players, id say there are about 15-30 players who actively use the chat.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

Kong = DMU free zone.

It's a blessing and a curse. 

Since players can't run 100s of missions per day, when combined with the smaller playerbase size, unique and rare items have significantly more value.

However at certain times of the say, it can feel dead in the chatrooms.

vincete

vincete
  • 4 posts

Thx very much for all the replies :) All the suggestions are very helpful....

(P.S. If you want to know, I finally chose to start on Kong)

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

Good luck :)

omar_abdallah_1

omar_abdallah_1
  • 121 posts

nice to hear this :D

oh and welcome to kong server! :)

Edited by omar_abdallah_1, 27 January 2016 - 09:50 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DMU