Photo

Exploitation Of In Game Mechanics/hacking Or Is There Something I Do Not Know?

Hack Exploit Raid Confused Game Retaliate Random

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

MorbidDeath

MorbidDeath
  • 11 posts

Situation:

Today I logged in to find I had been raided (yay! first time in months)

Only to find the raid was too bizarre and needed investigating.

I wondered why he had slaughtered 8/10 of my survivors yet not touched any of my resources or damaged any buildings.

That's not what threw me though, I noticed his equips were much higher than mine and only then realized that he was 10 levels higher than me - level 36 when I am only level 26...

It would not let me raid him back either from level difference or some other reason I am unaware of.

So I put a bounty.

It was only after the bounty that I looked at his compound and realized that it was completely open and suspiciously laid out as if the person anticipated letting certain people (alts) successfully enter his compound.

The bounty was very quickly claimed and I suspect that it was his alt that did so...

Here is the thing, I had a guy that used to raid me all the time - but I could not raid him back unless it was in retaliation because he was a FEW (Like 3) levels lower than me.

Now the person who raided me today has 3 battles with me on record but is 10 levels higher? I most definitely did not attack him last or recently to enable him a retaliation nor have I attacked anyone recently to land a bounty on my head.

So how/why did this level 36 player successfully raid me a level 26 player with no enabling provocation?

Am I missing something?

I'd more than appreciate staff looking into this. I can supply reports of raid and the bounty that was claimed.

This really needs to be sorted out - if it's simple and can be explained to me than sweet!

but if this person is hacking/exploiting game mechanics then it is simply unacceptable.

cheers

User: armorMorbidDeath

EDIT: I just want this looked at by Staff to ensure that the player is not screwing the pooch.

RAID%20LOG%20-%20Tique%20vs%20MorbidDeat

dodge_zps7dvstbux.jpg

Edited by MorbidDeath, 28 January 2016 - 02:24 AM.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts

Most likely scenario is that awhile back you raided him while the two of you were closer in level and they're just now using their retaliation.  Retaliations never expire, so a player could hit you if they're level 55 if they waited long enough.

You can't hit them back because they're the one doing the retaliation.  He can only hit you as many times as you hit him previously, so if you only hit him once, it's all over.  You on the other hand have to obey standard raiding rules, which is 5 levels above and 0 levels below (outside of war/bounties -- where it's also 5 levels below).

This is why you can't hit the other player that is lower level than you -- unless they hit you first (which they have).

--

Bounty sharing is a not unheard of practice, which is why I recommend people don't use it.

Edited by Zingman, 28 January 2016 - 01:16 AM.

MorbidDeath

MorbidDeath
  • 11 posts

Most likely scenario is that awhile back you raided him while the two of you were closer in level and they're just now using their retaliation.  Retaliations never expire, so a player could hit you if they're level 55 if they waited long enough.

You can't hit them back because they're the one doing the retaliation.  He can only hit you as many times as you hit him previously, so if you only hit him once, it's all over.  You on the other hand have to obey standard raiding rules, which is 5 levels above and 0 levels below (outside of war/bounties -- where it's also 5 levels below).

This is why you can't hit the other player that is lower level than you -- unless they hit you first (which they have).

--

Bounty sharing is a not unheard of practice, which is why I recommend people don't use it.

If Staff could look into this please, I need to know.

I've never initiated confrontation unless it was collecting a bounty or in retaliation.

I've done the bounty thing like only 3 times.

I never collected a bounty on him/her.

She/He hit me first so I retaliated months ago, that = 2 battles

The person has three battles next to their name, the third being when they raided me today.

So does this mean she/he/everyone gets to retaliate against a retaliation? making it a never ending cycle of retaliations?

I cannot remember but I thought that only worked once per instigation? I'm almost positive that's how it worked for me and that other person that used to raid me all the time - I'd have to wait for a new attack before retaliation.

If it's as simple as he retaliated to my retaliation - please let me know. 

Edited by MorbidDeath, 28 January 2016 - 02:08 AM.

MorbidDeath

MorbidDeath
  • 11 posts

If staff doesn't use this forum then can someone point me to where I can actually get support?

Like a ticket system or something?

I don't need help per say - but I'd hate for the person to continue cheating if that is what they are doing.

Thank You

Edited by MorbidDeath, 28 January 2016 - 02:09 AM.

Buue

Buue
  • 657 posts

Could you wait a little, your last post was within minutes of your previous one. And the thread was here for a little more than an hour.

Edited by SpicyBlobs, 28 January 2016 - 01:44 AM.

Javed

Javed
  • 8 posts

found the answer right there. you cannot hit him back if you want it will say it is too dangerous. he had a long outstanding retaliation so he cannot hit you anymore. Issue over i guess

MorbidDeath

MorbidDeath
  • 11 posts

found the answer right there. you cannot hit him back if you want it will say it is too dangerous. he had a long outstanding retaliation so he cannot hit you anymore. Issue over i guess

look at my second post, I ask about retaliations.

Whether one could retaliate to a retaliation...

Making it a never ending cycle of retaliations - should I not be able to retaliate then?

If I can't he should not have been able to.

So no you did not find the answer but thanks anyways.

Could you wait a little, your last post was within minutes of your previous one. And the thread was here for a little more than an hour.

I could wait a little longer, but I don't want this issue to get swept under the rug like the last thread I posted.

Yes my last post was close to the second post - because I checked the forum and noticed that there was little to no input from Mods/Devs .

As it was a separate comment I posted it as a new post rather than editing the previous one.

I just now have found a thread with replies from one TOM the Dev, so hopefully he or someone cruises by.

Thanks for your input even if it didn't help.

Edited by MorbidDeath, 28 January 2016 - 01:52 AM.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 817 posts

Retaliations (as far as I know): An attack that you get back at your enemy regardless of level.

Every time you attack your enemy, he/she gets a retaliation, so you attack him twice, he gets two retaliations.

He attacks you once, he still has one retaliation, you attack him, he gets another retaliation.

So it is more like a net value of the amount of attacks on each other.

MorbidDeath

MorbidDeath
  • 11 posts

Retaliations (as far as I know): An attack that you get back at your enemy regardless of level.

Every time you attack your enemy, he/she gets a retaliation, so you attack him twice, he gets two retaliations.

He attacks you once, he still has one retaliation, you attack him, he gets another retaliation.

So it is more like a net value of the amount of attacks on each other.

Hmmm, then does that not mean something is fishy?

If he/she attacked me and I retaliated should that not have been the end of it?

Because the net value of attacks is 3 battles... With the suspect starting the fight.

So unless they retaliated to my retaliation...?

Unless I am wrong and forget having attacked someone out of the blue which I can't remember doing ever? kind of why I'd really really appreciate Staffs input ;_:

Thanks Bud

Edited by MorbidDeath, 28 January 2016 - 02:22 AM.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts

What level(s) were you and the other person 2 months ago?

Are/were both of you in an alliance at the time?  Was a War Round active?

MorbidDeath

MorbidDeath
  • 11 posts

What level(s) were you and the other person 2 months ago?

Are/were both of you in an alliance at the time?  Was a War Round active?

No clue to your first question but that's irrelevant to the number of retaliations no?

No and no for your other two questions

Thanks for the interest though.

Just FYI Alts of a player can't take a bounty on their main - just like they can't score warpoints.

Didn't really bother to read the rest of the post tbh. Doesn't sound that suss. If you really want your bounty taken by a friend then it doesn't really require you to make your compound easy to hit in terms of layout, simply give all your survs melee or just send everyone out bar your leader.

And bounty sharing while not unheard of is not necessarily a "common practice".

I am sure when there is a will there is a way.

You didn't read the post yet talk about it... I am sure you will read the quoted reply.

I assumed it was common practice among the weak but thanks for mentioning it anyways.

I don't care about the bounty or expect or anticipate any sort of compensation what idiot would lol?

All  want is it (him/her) looked at (if possible) to make sure they are not taking the mickey, which is fun for no one.

It just doesn't sit right with me, the numbers don't add up.

If I am missing something or made a mistake I'd like, so very much, for Staff to check it out.

Thanks for your contribution Orange Duck, I guess.

ruawizard

ruawizard
  • 426 posts

Open your compound list and check how many battles you have with him. If it's more than 1 then you likely attacked him. 

MorbidDeath

MorbidDeath
  • 11 posts

Open your compound list and check how many battles you have with him. If it's more than 1 then you likely attacked him. 

It's actually already talked about in this thread,

3 Battles with the one in the middle being my retaliation, so like I said above: unless you can retaliate against someones retaliation (which I thought you cannot) they should not have been able to attack me. 

Ty for input

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts

To my knowledge "retaliations" are not earned when:

• The player is the same or higher level than you (since you can hit them back under normal raid mechanics);
  • The attack occurred during an active war round and you're both in alliances and the level ranges for war (since you can attack them under war raid mechanics); and
  • Successful Bounty Hunts.

Retaliations (again to the best of my knowledge), are only earned when you can't hit them back under normal raid mechanics (i.e. at least one of you is not in an alliance, and the player looking to retaliate is higher level than the player who initially attacked).

Based on what you've said it sounds like what happened is:

[1] The other player attacked you when you were both the same level (no retaliation earned);

[2] The other player leveled up;

[3] You "retaliated" under normal raid mechanics (you can attack players up to 5 levels higher than you).  This earned the other player a retaliation since you were lower level than them;

[4] The other player waited 2 months until they were 10 levels higher than you to use their earned retaliation -- using it up.

[5] Game reverts back to normal raid mechanics, and since the other player is 10 levels higher, you can't hit them.

Edited by Zingman, 28 January 2016 - 09:35 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hack, Exploit, Raid, Confused, Game, Retaliate, Random