Photo

Roadmap 2016

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

Strider

Strider
  • 225 posts

Hope that infected bounty rework is one of your earlier priorities so as the rest of the road map gets filled out we'll be getting some decent drops as time goes by. Perhaps you can hold a poll including some ideas that are currently on the table for how the infected bounty timer will be reworked in the near future. Changing a bounty expiry to a refresh time sounds like a swell idea, if that means removing the 48 hour cooldown and instead having a bounty just constantly running that is.

Raider compounds run by AI sound like a pretty swell idea, as a constant user of the white flag because I'm a terrible raider, I think this would be a welcome addition for players that want to practice raiding and the mechanics behind it and will be especially helpful for low level or new players. Not having to worry about being retaliated against would be a great incentive for players to try attacking these AI compounds. As someone in the thread suggested earlier, I hope white flag users can attempt these without having to remove their books.

As for the infected armed with weapons, although returning from the older games... I thought those pesky berserkers were a sign of things to come.

THE_BIG_BOSS

THE_BIG_BOSS
  • 12 posts

I would seriously like to see player vs. player if it is possible

ISOLAYTORE

ISOLAYTORE
  • 95 posts

3 points:

1. Have you even played the first Last stand?

2. It was a question not a idea

3. What movie are you talking about?

New question

6. Would it be possible to implement some sort of loot selection thing that would be completely OPINIONAL ?

^

This is a (Possibly stupid) idea AND question ISOLAYTORE

1. No, i did not.
2. I did not realize this isn't the ideas section, well sorry bout that.
3. Land of the Dead (2005), zed carrying a Steyr AUG
6. Actually this is a reasonable idea, having only a 500 space inventory is disastrous, most F2P players would understand.
Oh sorry about that, i wasn't aware that i took your freedom of questioning.

One more thing, i think this discussion about being emotional should be taken outside, it's completely irrelevant to the post.
We're forgetting the most important event of our DZ lives people!

ISOLAYTORE

ISOLAYTORE
  • 95 posts

I would seriously like to see player vs. player if it is possible

Player vs Player Ai is possible, we're experiencing it when raiding player compounds as well as Union Island Raiding.

But If you're talking about real time pvp.
You might want to read Con's advise.

Why can't I raid players who are online?

Latency is the issue here. We have centralized servers, the fast paced nature of the game doesn't allow for an even playing field when lag is involved.

On top of that, we've chosen not to build the game to cater for real time multiplayer, to do so would need a complete overhaul of the combat systems.

2ez7cib.jpg

DJfriede

DJfriede
  • 888 posts

All this sounds awesome. I'm especially looking forward to the Arena part.

Btw, any plans to give us some more weapon loadout presets we can switch between? It's still in high demand. :)

http://forum.conarti...-loadout/page-1

John_Nevermore

John_Nevermore
  • 40 posts

I really like the Reputation Idea , A great way to spend the XP that otherwise would be for nothing for Maxed Leveled players. Plus a trade Icon is "cool" B)

the suburb maps for Level 55 is the one I hope gets implemented sooner , because doing Island every day is exhausting and getting the haul as the only source of weapons and gears is annoying especially when you gets bow bow bow. :P 

Overall Great RoadMap! Gonna be a fun and interesting year at DZ with these updates :)

crazyeightyfive

crazyeightyfive
  • 266 posts

An ally mate just got a Storage Research Note from her Infected Bounty - has some change already been made to the rewards? I've never known Research Components to come out of the IB boxes.

Reddy5

Reddy5
  • 100 posts

Love to hear that there'll be more for non-raiding alliance members.

Also the stadium, I know it was on the roadmap for 2015, but glad to hear that it's still on the table :)

More clothes will be great too!

Armed infected will be interesting... maybe depending on the damage they do I have to start bringing ranged weapons to missions instead of just melee...

Curious about the new suburbs.

Cameron_R_Craig

Cameron_R_Craig
  • 223 posts

So what kinds of new options are we talking about concerning the possible addition of survivor clothing?

Is it like being able to separately put on different pairs of pants, shirts, etc, or are the different sets of clothing's all just one outfit altogether that include shirts, pants, and so on?

Nconvenience

Nconvenience
  • 51 posts

I wonder if there'll be the option to dress up as HERC as you were able to do in Union City? It wouldn't be hard to distinguish one's own survivors from the HERC on the island by going through the hotkeys and such. Still uber hyped about these cosmetic things being added, these ideas are usually shot down here in the forums in favour of new guns and shite. 

longorjames

longorjames
  • 210 posts

Player vs Player Ai is possible, we're experiencing it when raiding player compounds as well as Union Island Raiding.

Latency is the issue here. We have centralized servers, the fast paced nature of the game doesn't allow for an even playing field when lag is involved.

On top of that, we've chosen not to build the game to cater for real time multiplayer, to do so would need a complete overhaul of the combat systems.

2ez7cib.jpg

Would you ever consider Co-op multiplayer PvE maps/mode Con? I want to play with my friends in real time as opposed to just helping them build their base with the timers and being in the same alliance and donating to them so we can get the buffs together.

Ripper Z

Ripper Z
  • 1 posts

This Updates looks amazing..

the cloths to dress up survivors...is a bit fancy..if is not to get more skills...

and if u wana new ideas for next year i have same:

- there is some building trashed (by the bombs) on the map, you could do an update that we can clear those buildings (like we do with the junk in our compound), to free that place to loot them...

- then in this idea, we can rebuid those places, to get better stuff,more resources... spending our resources, that for most players they are in the max, and cant do anything more, just waiting for War Task to empy a bit...and if we can rebuild it, we can upgrade them too, all this to have better places to loot, spend our resources, and of course, higher the upgrade harder the Zs (or more rush mode)

- create a HQ to our alliance, that we can upgrade it...and same how attack others HQ to steal /win tokens..

- AI raiders, have a AI team that try to raid our compound (since we will practice on AI compound)

this is just same raw ideas...i have a lot more if you like it...

congrats for the great job

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,177 posts

Would you ever consider Co-op multiplayer PvE maps/mode Con? I want to play with my friends in real time as opposed to just helping them build their base with the timers and being in the same alliance and donating to them so we can get the buffs together.

PvP or Co-Op, if the game won't work for real time multiplayer it's not going to happen.

DJfriede

DJfriede
  • 888 posts

So what kinds of new options are we talking about concerning the possible addition of survivor clothing?

Is it like being able to separately put on different pairs of pants, shirts, etc, or are the different sets of clothing's all just one outfit altogether that include shirts, pants, and so on?

kittyavangers06.jpg

THE_BIG_BOSS

THE_BIG_BOSS
  • 12 posts

2ez7cib.jpg

it would make the game more fun people want to make connections with people.like con said looting for imaginary guns is not fun. and raiding against a AI gets boring

THE_BIG_BOSS

THE_BIG_BOSS
  • 12 posts

yes that's what I'm asking for is real time player vs. player.

Prpich25

Prpich25
  • 239 posts

it would make the game more fun people want to make connections with people.like con said looting for imaginary guns is not fun. and raiding against a AI gets boring

What is fun or not is subjective to the player him/herself, making a general statement as to what is fun or not, is false. Real time Co-op or Versus, isn't going to happen as of yet. You never know though, NPC raided compounds were always shot down, and look now. But for now, its been shot down its not happening. Move on, stay on the topic of what is going to happen for this year.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,177 posts

What is fun or not is subjective to the player him/herself, making a general statement as to what is fun or not, is false. Real time Co-op or Versus, isn't going to happen as of yet. You never know though, NPC raided compounds were always shot down, and look now. But for now, its been shot down its not happening. Move on, stay on the topic of what is going to happen for this year.

Actually "NPC Compunds" was one of the most upvoted ideas in the ideas subforum.

Regardless, real-time multiplayer is never going to happen.   The same problem with PvP (latency) exists with Co-Op play.   To fix that issue would take as Con stated, a complete overhaul of the combat system, and that's simply not going to happen, not when real-time multiplayer was never intended to happen from the very start.

If real-time multiplayer happens, it will be with Cons next game, not this one.

scrambler_fan

scrambler_fan
  • 9 posts

Looking forward to suburb expansion to try and get better weapons and gear for the Island.  I've been level 55 for a month and have been attempting the Island for a little over two months.  I say attempting because I have no unique armor with high projectile resistance and have to make do with crafted purple armor with 66-70% proj resistance and still get shot up quickly.  Combine that with having to use rare and purple weapons that have such low DPS that I struggle to fend off a level 53 or 55 zed rush, has not been pleasant.  My 29 Island failures in 46 attempts (63% failure) has all but depleted my heavy bandage and smoke grenade supply.  I have probably a 7-10 day supply of bandages to heal survivors before I'll have to abandon trying the Island until I increase my supply.  I keep hoping to scavenge  something usable, but not having much luck.  I don't even have anything worth trading to try and get something.  So here's hoping the suburb expansion will be easier than the Island so I can find something to better my Island attempts.

Question:  Will the new suburb areas have Infected Bounties in them, and will level 51-55 items be included in the IB boxes?

Con

Con
  • 4,152 posts

Yeah, you're misquoting me here. 

What I would have said is; another player stealing your guns is not fun.