First of all, this is totally a different idea from the one suggested by Hyunwoo, but I should thank him for making me think about this… This is actually an idea that I had for a time ago, but cause of lack of time, I didn’t post it before…
I know that many people have been asking for both shields (either as active and/or passive gears, or weapons with new stats or new attachments, which I think it’s too much) and improvements on the gameplay, especially involving engineers, so I decided to share this idea of mine with you.
How about make Shield weapons, like The Crucifix & Protector, and the Ticket to Valhalla (just as Hyunwoo said), since those weapons are the only shield-like items in the game? And honestly, I’m a big fan of shields and medieval-like weapons (not a fan of Captain America and his shield tough), so that’s one of the reasons why I’m suggesting this.
But here is the trick: Implement these new weapons as Improvised weapons only usable by leaders/engineers… And that’s not everything; these weapons could also be crafted only, using some other weapons previously used as a base material (with some other requirements of course). But why only leader and engineers? Well, I’ve got some reasons here:
- This would make engineers more valuable in certain situations to players, as I’ve read that many complain of them since they feel engineers as “useless”.
- This would add some variety in the actual “game market” (or better said the Uni LR trade center). Especially since these weapons would be only available through crafting.
- It may also bring us some variety on the gameplay, as there could be a need of more complex strategies when facing either infected, HERC or even other players.
With all this said, I would like to explain how these weapons will work:
- I’ve chosen some blunt weapons from different levels as base materials, since they can be found during missions. The reason is, since they share the same short range as melee weapons (especially those that are “one-handed”), and their low damage, fairly decent APS and high knockback will help with the intention of this idea.
- Instead of inventing new attachments and/or giving them OP stats out from nowhere, I decided to use some of the examples from the previously mentioned weapons, keeping some of their stats while they are not either OP or unbalanced for gameplay.
- Like the other shiled-weapons mentioned before, these new weapons should have a certain percent of melee and injury resistance, since they will be used mainly as “tanking weapons”.
Of course, after checking other weapons I have in mind to use as base to make them, some will need some rebalancing, so I’m working on it to help the devs in anything is possible.
I’m gonna add more info later, I’ll just let this here for the community and the devs to read, thank you so much :)
Edited by Edgar V, 02 March 2016 - 07:41 PM.