Photo

Chance To Find Quality Items - How Does It Work?

drop rate

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Robai

Robai
  • 22 posts

Hello everybody,

I have questions:

1) what is the BASE chance to find quality items (per container)?

(I mean without any bonuses)

I guess there are two rolls:

- you make a roll for getting a quality item

- you make a second roll, which determines how good quality item drops (green, blue or purple, etc.)

2) Let's make a guess (these chances are the total result of two rolls mentioned above):

- green 5%

- blue 2%

- purple 0.5%

- rare/premium item drop rates are much lower and  depends on how much you've got them recently.

The question is how an item giving +0.5% chance to find quality items will effect this?

The result will be additive:

- green 5.5%

- blue 2.5%

- purple 1%

or multiplicative:

- green 5.025%     (5*1.005 = 5.025)

- blue 2.01%         (2*1.005 = 2.01)

- purple 0.5025%  (0.5*1.005 = 0.5025)

In case of multiplicative effect it would be a useless bonus IMO (I'd wear other bonuses instead).

It would be nice to know the exact drop rate mechanics for rare/premium items and how +0.5% chance would affect it (maybe it's not affecting it at all?).

3) I understand that some containers drop some specific things more often than other stuff.

For example, I know for sure that there are some specific containers that drop mostly water. I guess in this case a quality item means a large chunk of water, right?

4) Automated missions have lower chance of finding quality items. How much lower?

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,532 posts

Con has never said what the base chance is. In my opinion, he never will.

To find out how rolls work, have a read of this http://forum.conarti...iques-are-made/

Manual Missions have a (from memory) 2% higher chance of finding better gear/weapons.

Robai

Robai
  • 22 posts

Thanks, that link is a very useful info.

Aether

Aether
  • 122 posts

small question does the drop bonus works only for the character who is wearing the item?

or it works for everyone in the mission like books.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 364 posts

small question does the drop bonus works only for the character who is wearing the item?

It works for all survivors, regardless of which one is wearing the item.

Andre F S R

Andre F S R
  • 282 posts

It stacks across everyone in the same mission as you.

A O

A O
  • 49 posts

I think many would appreciate it if we could get some clarity on all of this.

Are all Item Quality Boosts (from books, lucky gear, and alliance boosts) additive or multiplicative? If not, which ones work in which way?

EDIT: Do all of these different ways work for both manual and auto mission?

Edited by A O, 23 August 2016 - 07:40 PM.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 364 posts

I think they are multiplicative, like the rest of the stats.

There is a base chance of getting a quality item, and that is used for the calculation of the bonuses (which means if I have a 5 in 100 chance of getting a quality item and I add a 10% looter, my chance should be 5.5 in 100).

The boosts only apply for manual missions as far as I know for gear and books, not sure about alliance boost.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: drop rate