• 4,020 posts

YahooShutdown.jpg

Armor Games - http://armorgames.com/register

Facebook - http://facebook.com/

Kongregate - http://kongregate.com/

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,679 posts

That's really cool of you guys to sort this for the guys with Yahoo accounts :)

Looking forward to seeing you guys on ArmorGames.

And something Con forgot that might be relevant, if you've got the DMU upgrade, don't migrate to Kongregate, things might get tricky! 

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

And something Con forgot that might be relevant, if you've got the DMU upgrade, don't migrate to Kongregate, things might get tricky! 

Not for long, as part of this, we'll be introducing the DMU to Kongregate. It's time that all the platforms were equal, details coming soon (we're dealing with this stuff first).

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,531 posts

Not for long, as part of this, we'll be introducing the DMU to Kongregate. It's time that all the platforms were equal, details coming soon (we're dealing with this stuff first).

That is going to be a can of worms with Kong players being massively for or against it!

Good luck with the fallout

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

That is going to be a can of worms with Kong players being massively for or against it!

Good luck with the fallout

Yep. It's just something that needs to be done though, we've had to make a bunch of design considerations and messing around because we're effectively running two versions of the game. Time to just consolidate it and get everything in line.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 792 posts

Well, Kong was the only true balanced server, it was the only point that made us "better" than AG/FB. I'm ready to accept change.

Well, at least I'm glad to see Kong will get more population in its occasionally dead chatrooms.

EDIT: For those on Kong planning to get DMU, time to sell those UCS50s before they greatly lose value.

Edited by MW3ProPiper, 08 March 2016 - 11:46 PM.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,134 posts

Honestly, it's about dang time.

~will be among the first in line to get the DMU when it comes out on Kong.

CasualRace

CasualRace
  • 59 posts

It's the death of Kong, then.  I played on Yahoo. Trashing is part of daily life since those with DMU don't care about rebuilding costs.   Either you get WF here or you quit once there is DMU because the Yahoo players will trash you.

Salif

Salif
  • 88 posts

Hi, can you guys put up the links that will take us to the places we need to go to make new accounts... Thanks

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

Hi, can you guys put up the links that will take us to the places we need to go to make new accounts... Thanks

Sure thing!

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

You can discuss the DMU on Kong here: http://forum.conarti...bile-is-coming/

Lancealot

Lancealot
  • 42 posts

It's the death of Kong, then.  I played on Yahoo. Trashing is part of daily life since those with DMU don't care about rebuilding costs.   Either you get WF here or you quit once there is DMU because the Yahoo players will trash you.

I am a yahoo player forced to make the move. Most of believe in NOT trashing. We trash only those that trash us. But there are some on yahoo the love to do it, just to do it.

Don't paint us all with the same brush!

Lancealot

Lancealot
  • 42 posts

a serious few questions I have been asked on yahoo. 1) Do we have to make a new account on say AG for a yahoo account transfer there?  2) What do we do about the same name issue? I am sure there are duplicate names between the 4 servers.  3) when do we stop playing on yahoo?

An THANK YOU Dev's for this. As you know we been hurting for information.

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

a serious few questions I have been asked on yahoo. 1) Do we have to make a new account on say AG for a yahoo account transfer there?  2) What do we do about the same name issue? I am sure there are duplicate names between the 4 servers.  3) when do we stop playing on yahoo?

An THANK YOU Dev's for this. As you know we been hurting for information.

1. Yes. You need a new account to copy into. You can use an existing account but it will be overwritten with your Yahoo data. 

2. You'll need to enter your name again on the new site, it might be taken, so have a spare. The names are server specific.

3. We don't have public dates yet.

Trent_RPD

Trent_RPD
  • 133 posts

Woah, i'm really sorry to hear that yahoo games is shutting down for good, but at the same time, NEW PEOPLE ON THE TOWN YEEE!... welcome everyone who migrates to FB/AG server :) i really hate the separate servers (FB-AG, KG, Yahoo) to be honest but i guess that's how things work in this world. I hope you all yahoo players find the trading and public rooms a good place to get some stuff or just hang out. 

Lancealot

Lancealot
  • 42 posts

1. Yes. You need a new account to copy into. You can use an existing account but it will be overwritten with your Yahoo data. 

2. You'll need to enter your name again on the new site, it might be taken, so have a spare. The names are server specific.

3. We don't have public dates yet.

Ok I have this account lancealot on yahoo. If that name is taken in AG. If I make a new name how can I bring my lancealot account to it?

Sunny Groves

Sunny Groves
  • 7 posts

Con, sweet evil stepmother... I have accounts on AG and Yahoo attached to the same email address.  They both have some killer inventory that I worked and paid for.  Advice?

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

Con, sweet evil stepmother... I have accounts on AG and Yahoo attached to the same email address.  They both have some killer inventory that I worked and paid for.  Advice?

As stated, you'll need to set up a new account. We're migrating accounts and not merging them. If you try and migrate your account from Yahoo onto your Armor Games account, all of the info on the Armor Games account will be overwritten.

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

Ok I have this account lancealot on yahoo. If that name is taken in AG. If I make a new name how can I bring my lancealot account to it?

You will run the migration process with the accounts, then when you start up the newly migrated account, you'll be asked to pick a new name (if you're lucky you can use your existing one). 

Lancealot

Lancealot
  • 42 posts

Thanks Dev! I know it's a pain but something coming up.