Photo

Yahoo Migration

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

Jaq

Jaq
  • 15 posts

Is the first post meant to be just links to the other sites? Are we meant to get the details by asking you questions?

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

Is the first post meant to be just links to the other sites? Are we meant to get the details by asking you questions?

Nope, just stay tuned for more updates. We'll have more information on the migration system next week. 

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

I have started an account on kong and i will be waiting for the account migration to happen

We won't be naming accounts, you'll be doing it after you've finished the migration. Also, don't post your personal ID's all over the forums :P

To make this 100% clear. YOU WILL BE DOING THE MIGRATION. NOT US. 

You will need to log into the account once the migration starts and run through the process. 

Conejito

Conejito
  • 7 posts

question, Con do we need to simply have accounts on the other sites, or do we Also have to login to DZ as sort of a place holder? (I saw that we don't need to play cuz it will be over written, but wasn't sure if we needed a DZ account also started)

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

question, Con do we need to simply have accounts on the other sites, or do we Also have to login to DZ as sort of a place holder? (I saw that we don't need to play cuz it will be over written, but wasn't sure if we needed a DZ account also started)

Nope, you'll just need the account and make sure that you can log into the site at this point. No need to start playing the game, any game progress would be lost in the migration. 

Conejito

Conejito
  • 7 posts

kool, thank you guys for helping us through all this and making sure we didn't get wiped back to zero, again Thank you guys!

DeadFrog

DeadFrog
  • 127 posts

Wouldn't it be prudent to only allow migration to Kong since that server needs the influx of users the most?

Sunny Groves

Sunny Groves
  • 7 posts

As stated, you'll need to set up a new account. We're migrating accounts and not merging them. If you try and migrate your account from Yahoo onto your Armor Games account, all of the info on the Armor Games account will be overwritten.

I'm not sure we're communicating.  LuminousCopse exists on AG, Kong AND Yahoo.  If moving my Yahoo account 'merges' them and overwrites them, then I am apparently going to lose my inventory, fuel and DMU on AG or fuel and inventory on Kong.  Do you mean that I can create an entirely new email address and somehow attach the Yahoo identity to it?  I doubt that I'm the only one who is going to have this problem.  A lot of us have accounts on all three servers.

Edited by Sunny Groves, 09 March 2016 - 06:35 PM.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,133 posts

I'm not sure we're communicating.  LuminousCopse exists on AG, Kong AND Yahoo.  If moving my Yahoo account 'merges' them and overwrites them, then I am apparently going to lose my inventory, fuel and DMU on AG or fuel and inventory on Kong.  Do you mean that I can create an entirely new email address and somehow attach the Yahoo identity to it?  I doubt that I'm the only one who is going to have this problem.  A lot of us have accounts on all three servers.

If LuminousCopse exists already on Kong and AG/FB already and you don't want to overwrite the existing data, you'll need to create a "LuminousCopse2" account.   That account will the one that migration is performed on.

Based on your previous post:

Con, sweet evil stepmother... I have accounts on AG and Yahoo attached to the same email address.  They both have some killer inventory that I worked and paid for.  Advice?

If Armor games does not permit multiple accounts with the same email, then Kong might be your only option.   Kong definitely allows multiple accounts with the same email.

Edited by Zingman, 09 March 2016 - 09:06 PM.

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

What Zingman said. This is a move, not a merge. We are not combining accounts. You will need to create a new email address or register a new account on one of these other sites using an alternative log in. Armor & Kong will let you register using Facebook I believe, you could use that?

Merging is a hugely messy process - it would blow out peoples inventories, double up on upgrades, mess with survivors. That's why we're overwriting. 

CasualPlayer

CasualPlayer
  • 37 posts

Hey Con :)

Was just wondering as an ArmorGames player will the war stats of Yahoo Players also be carried across?

Such as the amount of banners taken failed raids etc?

Sev

Sev
  • 547 posts

Hey Con :)

Was just wondering as an ArmorGames player will the war stats of Yahoo Players also be carried across?

Such as the amount of banners taken failed raids etc?

They should.

We only started tracking a lot of the stats you mentioned towards the end of last year.  All of those should come across in the merge, as well as your lifetime points, etc.

Anything directly related to your current alliance will be lost, but you would lose those every time you change alliances anyway.

On a similar note, your bounty stats should come across as well, as well as any bounties you have against your name.  The only thing lost there is that the people who put the bounty on will not be notified when it is collected - this is because we don't know what service they may have migrated to.

Gabacho

Gabacho
  • 137 posts

Thanks Con !

Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris
  • 17 posts

Thank you Con, from Chuck Norris's chin..

photo-14592.png?_r=1401459432

edit: now to decide which to go to...

Edited by Chuck Norris, 10 March 2016 - 01:14 AM.

Molley

Molley
  • 1 posts

I was wondering when my game will be able to be played? I think I did everything right.

cchotiner333

cchotiner333
  • 14 posts

Thank you Con. I'm really glad Kong is getting the DMU, now I can go back to the server I've wanted to go back to in the first place. It's exciting to think I'll have all my accounts on one server and all the perks. Thanks again,

Cassie

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 792 posts

Con, will you be tracking numbers on how many migrated to AG/FB and Kong?

Just so we can see a more healthy Kong playerbase.

Lancealot

Lancealot
  • 42 posts

Con

Sev came into yahoo chat last night. Stated you hope to start this next week. How long will people have to migrate?  Some people only play on weekends.

NightmareRaven

NightmareRaven
  • 106 posts

sherlock-frozen-mashup-3.gif?w=500&h=245

NightmareRaven

NightmareRaven
  • 106 posts

Since you guys are doing that process already couldn't we get the cue and move my account from AG to FB? AG is such a pain in the... neck. No? Ok.