Photo

Yahoo Migration

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

Thanks for your patience guys. Sev will be back at it soon enough. We've got your emails and he'll work through them as quick as we can.

Lancealot

Lancealot
  • 42 posts

Con, do you know what the issue is with the maps? I have spoke to people that have migrated and they said the same. No way to find others compound. Not on maps or clipboard.

Sev

Sev
  • 548 posts

IMPORTANT - IF YOU HAVE HAD AN ERROR WITH YOUR TRANSFER - FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AND EMAIL IT TO US.

I am trying to work through each person problem's in order and emailing us is the best way to keep everything organised.  I can also reply if I have follow up questions.

If you post your error message here then there is a good chance it will be missed.

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones
  • 241 posts

Was able to transfer in a matter of minutes. Thanks Con!

Sev

Sev
  • 548 posts

Was able to transfer in a matter of minutes. Thanks Con!

Glad to hear it :)

2trax4me

2trax4me
  • 9 posts

Con, do you know what the issue is with the maps? I have spoke to people that have migrated and they said the same. No way to find others compound. Not on maps or clipboard.

still an issue. unless you are on the bounty list or attack someone on the bounty list. Which means your hood is the more experienced players

Sev

Sev
  • 548 posts

We've had a few people report that they have no players in their neighbourhoods after the migration - it turns out there was a bit of an oversight in the migration system.

When we moved you off the yahoo server we obviously had to clear out your current neighbourhood because all of those players are no longer available to you.  What we didn't do though was trigger the generation of a new neighbourhood.

Neighbourhood are refreshed after a certain number of days.  If your list had been refreshed not long before the migration then it would probably be a while before you see anyone.

I've made a small update to the game today that I am hoping will help fix this issue.  I am triggering an update of the neighbourhood for everyone that has gone through a migration the next time the log into the game.

2trax4me

2trax4me
  • 9 posts

We've had a few people report that they have no players in their neighbourhoods after the migration - it turns out there was a bit of an oversight in the migration system.

When we moved you off the yahoo server we obviously had to clear out your current neighbourhood because all of those players are no longer available to you.  What we didn't do though was trigger the generation of a new neighbourhood.

Neighbourhood are refreshed after a certain number of days.  If your list had been refreshed not long before the migration then it would probably be a while before you see anyone.

I've made a small update to the game today that I am hoping will help fix this issue.  I am triggering an update of the neighbourhood for everyone that has gone through a migration the next time the log into the game.

Thanks

justinsr316

justinsr316
  • 854 posts

Hey guys, I've heard that many of the Yahoo players are regretting their migration to AG and really wish that they could go to Kong instead. Since the Migration tool is still in place on Yahoo, is there any way that those players would be able to make a final switch to Kong instead of AG? I made the switch with both o my accounts to Kong so this doesn't really affect me but I've got an account on AG and I know a few folks on Kong that play both and they said a lot that they have talked to really dislike their decision and want to come to Kong. They just have a year or 2 worth of stuff and don't want to just abandon it. There are many reasons for their regrets in terms of the wars on both servers, the community size, trade, etc. 

Any chance of this?

Veldar66

Veldar66
  • 8 posts

Ok, I'm not too bright on this but if I look at my profile, under settings and contact, there is my yahoo address. Does that mean I need to move? I usually go to the Armor Games site and log on there.

OK, update, I logged out and then noticed that the log in had <AG Username> in grey. So does that mean I'm already with AG and migration is not needed?

Edited by Veldar66, 03 April 2016 - 12:22 AM.

Sev

Sev
  • 548 posts

Ok, I'm not too bright on this but if I look at my profile, under settings and contact, there is my yahoo address. Does that mean I need to move? I usually go to the Armor Games site and log on there.

OK, update, I logged out and then noticed that the log in had <AG Username> in grey. So does that mean I'm already with AG and migration is not needed?

This is for people who play the game on Yahoo Games.  If you play the game on Armor, Kongregate or Facebook then you don't have to do anything.

justinsr316

justinsr316
  • 854 posts

Hey guys, I've heard that many of the Yahoo players are regretting their migration to AG and really wish that they could go to Kong instead. Since the Migration tool is still in place on Yahoo, is there any way that those players would be able to make a final switch to Kong instead of AG? I made the switch with both o my accounts to Kong so this doesn't really affect me but I've got an account on AG and I know a few folks on Kong that play both and they said a lot that they have talked to really dislike their decision and want to come to Kong. They just have a year or 2 worth of stuff and don't want to just abandon it. There are many reasons for their regrets in terms of the wars on both servers, the community size, trade, etc. 

Any chance of this?

Any chance on this guys?

Joe Sixpack

Joe Sixpack
  • 17 posts

Hello, I've been way from the game for several months, I know it's last minute but I want to migrate my account to Kongregate.

I made a new account on Kong, and the game loads fine there, But I tried to load yahoo and it just gets stuck "connecting"

I thought the game was to be taken down tomorrow? I tried 2 browsers: seamonkey and chrome (both up to date)

I even disabled firewall but with no success.

is it to late to migrate? is it possible without getting yahoo to load?

IIRC I was like level 20 so I could start over if I had to but would rather not.

EDIT: I have since also tried internet exploer, win7

and I installed a fresh copy of firefox.. no luck.

I tried linux mint with firefox and it complained about the flash version (Im pretty sure flash version is frozen for linux)

I told it I had the most recent copy of flash and it tried to load, it asked for me to sign in and I did, but on reload it still complained

about me signing in, yahoo says I am but the game says im not.

I have a feeling im just screwed.

EDIT 2:

After talking to support via email they was able to migrate my info by hand, Kudos for tech support.

I know it was a pita and having never bought anything in game shows they have a commitment to all players.

They could have easily just washed their hands of me as to bad so sad but they went the extra mile thanks guys/gals!

Edited by Joe Sixpack, 17 May 2016 - 03:48 AM.

BlademasterX

BlademasterX
  • 18 posts

It's the death of Kong, then.  I played on Yahoo. Trashing is part of daily life since those with DMU don't care about rebuilding costs.   Either you get WF here or you quit once there is DMU because the Yahoo players will trash you.

im sure Con is shaking in his zed goo splattered boots lol

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,168 posts

Reports of Kong's death have been greatly exaggerated....

Wester

Wester
  • 1 posts

need help to migrate from Yahoo to FB guys ... already sent an email to support, still waiting...

hankjwimbleton58

hankjwimbleton58
  • 31 posts

Hey Con, Do you think you'll be shutting down any other servers currently for Dead Zone's Future? 

I was just wondering ^-^;

Thanks!

Mooci

Mooci
  • 1 posts

I know I am asking this crazy late but is the migration still in effect? I had quit playing for a little while so didn't know it was going on and just found out. I followed the instructions for migration but as of yet neither of my accounts have showed up again.

chris327

chris327
  • 76 posts
Mooci you too far gone. Make an acct on Kong and hit me up.