Photo

Inventory Suggetions

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

ibhi

ibhi
  • 2 posts

I keep a variety of equipment and weapons for different situations.  However because items are automatically sorted by level rather than type and/or bonus, I am often using suboptimal equipment just because I didnt realize I had a better item.  Added a option to sort equipment by type (ie lmg, healing vest, pistol) or by bonus % would help with this tremendously.  I find that gear is much more likely to have a higher bonus on a lower level item than weapons at lower levels are to do much more damage, so a sorting system  would be much more useful there.   Of course since many gear items give multiple bonuses you would probably only be able to sort by the highest bonus, which is why I suggest being able to sort by type as well (especially useful for glasses and vests).

So in theory you would have buttons in the inventory tabs that would allow you to arrange items in 3 ways.  (but since components and books and junk lack either levels or bonuses or both, some of the buttons would have no effect.)

1. Sort by level, as it does now.

2. Group items of the same type together (ie specific weapons next to others that are the same, then grouped with others of same class)

{ideally after grouping items of same type together one would be able to sort by level OR bonus/damage}

3. group weapons by damage and gear by bonus (ie all health % items together with the higest bonus 1st)

{items with multiple bonuses grouped with the highest bonus they give}

Does anyone else also have this problem? If so do you think this is a reasonable way to address it?

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

Easy answer is to trash/recycle anything you get you are not likely to need. I am level 36 and if my inventory every gets above 300 items (including junk/components/books etc) I blitz it to keep weapons and gear to a single page each.

This way, I can easily check what items I want to keep and what I want to get rid of

ibhi

ibhi
  • 2 posts

I also go through and recycle junk gear after every mission and have my inventory at 300 items or so, but my gear still takes at least 2 pages.

Sandro_Jern

Sandro_Jern
  • 778 posts

Generally +100500 for the suggestion, I think an even better idea is customisable inventory tabs...one for missions, one for raids, one for defence, one for stuff to trade...I would absolutely love to have this. Hell, even if it would cost fuel to buy tabs, as long as it wouldn't be too expensive (like 50ish fuel/tab) it would still be great. This is invaluable in mmo's that have this kind of thing. One of the best suggestions I saw on the forum so far IMO, thank you for starting this thread :).

Edited by Sandro_Jern, 13 April 2013 - 10:08 AM.

SnuggleNugget

SnuggleNugget
  • 405 posts

both of these are great ideas. another suggetion is to have a tab for "trade stuff". like rare lower level items you are no longer using, but your friends may have use for them.

Sandro_Jern

Sandro_Jern
  • 778 posts

both of these are great ideas. another suggetion is to have a tab for "trade stuff". like rare lower level items you are no longer using, but your friends may have use for them.

Dude, what the hell is that on your picture? It might be NSFW...

enihka

enihka
  • 172 posts

InventrySorting.png

As far as I know, we can sort out items by lvl, name and dps, not in inventory but in crafting. We can even hide and show certain type of weapon. I don't see why it can be done in inventory.

+9000 for the idea although I believe it have been bought out many times in GS.

Edited by GravityZero, 16 April 2013 - 05:53 AM.

SnuggleNugget

SnuggleNugget
  • 405 posts

sandro, its the killer bunny from monty python and the holy grail.

Sandro_Jern

Sandro_Jern
  • 778 posts

sandro, its the killer bunny from monty python and the holy grail.

Man I still can believe I haven't seen that after so many people referencing it...guh I hate being from a younger generation :(...ok its official, I'm watching the movie right now.

SnuggleNugget

SnuggleNugget
  • 405 posts

best thing youll ever do