Photo

Pvp Bugs

• Please log in to reply
433 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,054 posts

This is an open call for all bugs / complaints to do with Raiding and PvP. 

We're keen to get as many as possible squared away before the Alliance update. 

If you can provide links images or video it'd be really appreciated. Let us have it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Already Listed Bugs

- Compound walls / roof not blocking shots from towers

- Line of sight not being needed to suppress barricaded survivors

- Survivors can be knocked through walls by explosives

- Wheel of Misfortune doesn't need line of sight to hit

Rain08

Rain08
  • 1,370 posts

If I can remember (I don't know if this is fixed or not), the watchtower glitch where the defenders place their towers on the upper right or left side of the compound, this gives the defenders an advantage since they can shoot trough the roof of the compound (from what I can remember from the posts here and on GS).

JonathanSnow

JonathanSnow
  • 11 posts

Not sure if these are mentioned, but lines of sight are not required when suppressing barricades (and maybe other infrastructure too?). You can practically suppress a barricade through a wall.

Grenades can also damage and knock-back enemy survivors through the wall, given that they are almost hugging the wall.

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

I'm not really a raider, but shouldn't that survivors are also invisible just like zombies when they are not in your vision range, as well as behind walls?

Also, traps should say their damage range and trigger range.

Edited by GabbyManuel, 29 May 2013 - 03:11 AM.

Con

Con
  • 4,054 posts

I'm not really a raider, but shouldn't that survivors are also invisible just like zombies when they are not in your vision range, as well as behind walls?

We don't hide survivors in raids for design reasons. It complicates player's ability to deal with ranged enemies.

Good point on the traps.

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

We don't hide survivors in raids for design reasons. It complicates player's ability to deal with ranged enemies.

Good point on the traps.

Could you at least settle for hiding them when they are behind the walls of the warehouse (indoor)?

Also, the traps should only be informative during arrangement, they will not show their AOE while in defense.

Lastly, shouldn't that grenades don't deal so much structural damage at all? they are anti-personnel weapons, not anti-structure just like the satchel charges.

Edited by GabbyManuel, 29 May 2013 - 03:47 AM.

BrianBore

BrianBore
  • 565 posts

Hmm, let's see, I'll start with a few simple ones, and add more later (when I capture some vids).

1) Compound back wall, does not function as a wall at all, can be shot through both ways if any survivors are placed in the top left or top right extremes of the compound's exterior.

2) Towers placed in certain positions seem to be able to either shoot through the roof into the compound; or through some gap above doorways that appears as a wall, but presents them with a LOS not available to ground level survivors in the same position, (this is different to #1).

3) Defenders do not shoot at my survivors even when I step into their 'Effective Range', as long as I do not shoot at them. E.g. I can walk to within about 20m of an enemy survivor that has an effective range of 40m, as long as my weapon range is less than the distance between us (to prevent my survivor auto-firing). I have tested this with friends, and it takes away some of the benefits of range, though maybe that was your plan, but still, it weakens certain types of compounds quite considerably, especially considering that high range weapons are already weakened by relatively low DPS. Though as I say, I suspect this one may be part of your plan, rather than a bug.

4) Sometimes when angling out an enemy survivor (isolating them from the group they reside in by using the compound as a block), certain enemy survivors that don't have LOS on my survivors will still start firing at my survivors even though I can't fire back at them because the compound is in the way. This one doesn't always happen, but it is common enough to be a problem.

5) Scavenging through walls when certain objects are close enough to the wall (not tried this one in a while though).

6) Grenade blast radius extends through walls to enemy survivors, not sure if this is a bug, or just a way to balance out that grenades don't destroy the compound walls they explode near, even though in RL they would.

7) Baiting an enemy survivor: If enemy survivors are assigned to a barricade but not completely 'sealed in' you can step into their LOS take a few shots and step back out again, which will cause them to run through the compound grounds towards you, and towards their inevitable death. Also, there are other times when I try this, that the enemy survivor runs around in circles like a headless chicken (rather than running towards me), and he will keep running in circles until shot dead.

8) Sometimes at the start of a raid my survivors do not spawn properly (no matter how carefully I select the spawn area), e.g. when selecting a spawn point behind the car and similar cover, 1 or 2 survivors sometimes spawn about 1 meter away from cover while the other survivor spawn in the correct area. This presents a problem with certain compounds as it means a quick death before a smoke can be placed down to reposition, though thankfully it does not happen all the time.

9) Excessive enemy distraction: If you shoot at the enemy survivors and switch between them quite quickly, you can distract (but NOT suppress) all 10 to the point where you can just walk a guy right up to them with melee and kill them all 1 by one. Occasionally it backfires and they do shoot the melee guy, but 7/10 times this works. I have even seen other raiders become so complacent that they use their melee guy to disarm traps along the way, all the while standing in the open with all 10 unsuppressed enemy survivors having LOS on him/her, yet remaining unharmed.

Still quite a few more, will update when I can.

Edited by BrianBore, 29 May 2013 - 04:29 AM.

Allen Lero

Allen Lero
  • 36 posts

Well I raid much (not too much though) and i sometimes use Grenades and when sometimes when i want to destroy a block or gate they blow up (nades) can you fix this con? or is it normal for being a Dud grenade

Con

Con
  • 4,054 posts

Hmm, let's see, I'll start with a few simple ones, and add more later (when I capture some vids).

1) Compound back wall, does not function as a wall at all, can be shot through both ways if any survivors are placed in the top left or top right extremes of the compound's exterior.

2) Towers placed in certain positions seem to be able to either shoot through the roof into the compound; or through some gap above doorways that appears as a wall, but presents them with a LOS not available to ground level survivors in the same position, (this is different to #1).

3) Defenders do not shoot at my survivors even when I step into their 'Effective Range', as long as I do not shoot at them. E.g. I can walk to within about 20m of an enemy survivor that has an effective range of 40m, as long as my weapon range is less than the distance between us (to prevent my survivor auto-firing). I have tested this with friends, and it takes away some of the benefits of range, though maybe that was your plan, but still, it weakens certain types of compounds quite considerably, especially considering that high range weapons are already weakened by relatively low DPS. Though as I say, I suspect this one may be part of your plan, rather than a bug.

4) Sometimes when angling out an enemy survivor (isolating them from the group they reside in by using the compound as a block), certain enemy survivors that don't have LOS on my survivors will still start firing at my survivors even though I can't fire back at them because the compound is in the way. This one doesn't always happen, but it is common enough to be a problem.

5) Scavenging through walls when certain objects are close enough to the wall (not tried this one in a while though).

6) Grenade blast radius extends through walls to enemy survivors, not sure if this is a bug, or just a way to balance out that grenades don't destroy the compound walls they explode near, even though in RL they would.

7) Baiting an enemy survivor: If enemy survivors are assigned to a barricade but not completely 'sealed in' you can step into their LOS take a few shots and step back out again, which will cause them to run through the compound grounds towards you, and towards their inevitable death. Also, there are other times when I try this, that the enemy survivor runs around in circles like a headless chicken (rather than running towards me), and he will keep running in circles until shot dead.

8) Sometimes at the start of a raid my survivors do not spawn properly (no matter how carefully I select the spawn area), e.g. when selecting a spawn point behind the car and similar cover, 1 or 2 survivors sometimes spawn about 1 meter away from cover while the other survivor spawn in the correct area. This presents a problem with certain compounds as it means a quick death before a smoke can be placed down to reposition, though thankfully it does not happen all the time.

9) Excessive enemy distraction: If you shoot at the enemy survivors and switch between them quite quickly, you can distract (but NOT suppress) all 10 to the point where you can just walk a guy right up to them with melee and kill them all 1 by one. Occasionally it backfires and they do shoot the melee guy, but 7/10 times this works. I have even seen other raiders become so complacent that they use their melee guy to disarm traps along the way, all the while standing in the open with all 10 unsuppressed enemy survivors having LOS on him/her, yet remaining unharmed.

Still quite a few more, will update when I can.

1, 2. Covered by OP

3. Odd. You're guessing their effective range or you know for sure? It could be their vision range being shorter, will need to look into it.

4. We might have some overriding code that allows them to ignore being blocked for certain cases, will need to look into it.

5. Ok, will look into it.

6. Yeah, not intentional, will need to look into it.

7. Yeah, defending AI is due for a re-work, we'll be looking at that.

8. That's another issue to do with survivors collision with each other, we're considering loosening the rules on them bumping into each other

9. Yep, again, that's an AI issue, they need to re-evaluate threats based on distance / cover etc. 

Well I raid much (not too much though) and i sometimes use Grenades and when sometimes when i want to destroy a block or gate they blow up (nades) can you fix this con? or is it normal for being a Dud grenade

Does the grenade explode at all or does it just not do any damage?

CarbonNitride

CarbonNitride
  • 84 posts

Does the grenade explode at all or does it just not do any damage?

I have this problem as well and the grenades are thrown but no explosion occurs. However, the grenade model persists until the time the explosion should have happened and then simply dissappears.

Con

Con
  • 4,054 posts

I have this problem as well and the grenades are thrown but no explosion occurs. However, the grenade model persists until the time the explosion should have happened and then simply dissappears.

Ok, any particular type of grenade?

Are you throwing it into barricades?

Are you throwing it into the open?

Are you throwing it under a survivor?

Are you throwing it into traps?

BrianBore

BrianBore
  • 565 posts

3. Odd. You're guessing their effective range or you know for sure? It could be their vision range being shorter, will need to look into it.

100% positive, from tests done with fellow raiders. In fact it's a major weakness in compounds with all M24s equipped.

We've had it setup so that the defenders all have M24s equipped (a mixture of types, mainly blue crafted ones, all max level) and the attacking force (me) is equipped with shorter range weapons (mainly scars).

I send my engineer in close with a shorter range weapon (Scar, melee, etc), I can get to around ~20m (clearly within the enemy's effective range) and at that point the enemy survivors start acting odd, standing up as if to shoot but then ducking down back behind cover, alternating this way every few seconds.

They only fire if I go even closer (less than ~20m) or fire at them. I have repeated this test a few times just to be sure.

I'd go and capture a quick video now if it wasn't for this crap PC. I'll see if I can get one of my raider friends to get a vid.

Edited by BrianBore, 29 May 2013 - 06:45 AM.

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

Ok, any particular type of grenade?

Are you throwing it into barricades?

Are you throwing it into the open?

Are you throwing it under a survivor?

Are you throwing it into traps?

Hi Con

I don't know if you took a look at this thread: http://forum.conarti...nades-are-duds/

Like said there all explosives don't work sometimes also crafted explosives.

It makes no difference where you throw them - they just don't explode and do no damage.

Smokes work perfectly to me.

BrianBore

BrianBore
  • 565 posts

Just remembered another issue, sort of pvp related:

Raid reports are completely bugged/inaccurate. I raided a player (whom I talk to in chat) called "sanna" and killed all ten of their survivors before looting the fuel gen and leaving; this player later showed me their raid report and it stated they had 4 survivors "downed" due my raid.

Additionally I have had raids done on my compound that have cleared my bounty, yet the raid report has not mentioned any survivors being "downed". It's very buggy.

Zero

Zero
  • 7 posts

The is still on going bug where survivor man in watchtower are alive despite the tower being destroy, especially using melee survivor.

Go to this thread to see the picture of the watchtower bug:  http://forum.conarti...royed/?hl=tower despite Steve promise to fix/look into that bug after mouth later.

changelog v13 injury inventory update

Fixes

-------------------------------------------
- Melee users can no longer attack survivors in watchtowers directly"

Since you fix/remove the ability for melee survivor attack directly onto enemy survivor in watchtower thus making it impossible for melee survivor to kill the survivor manned in watchtower, even when watchtower is destroy because of that bug.  

Angus Archer

Angus Archer
  • 96 posts

I could be wrong, but I was always under the impression that being able to suppress through the compound walls was by design.  It reflects both real life and most other games in this genre that have a 'shoot through wall' feature.  Hardly over powered, while I rarely use it, since you cannot target survivors without line of sight. 

aj9999

aj9999
  • 23 posts

I could be wrong, but I was always under the impression that being able to suppress through the compound walls was by design.  It reflects both real life and most other games in this genre that have a 'shoot through wall' feature.  Hardly over powered, while I rarely use it, since you cannot target survivors without line of sight. 

Then the defenders should be able to shoot back and kill the attackers.  if you want to shoot throught the walls you cannot have the defence as well.

Personally, the walls should be solid and require LOS to attack.

Angus Archer

Angus Archer
  • 96 posts

Then the defenders should be able to shoot back and kill the attackers.  if you want to shoot throught the walls you cannot have the defence as well.

Personally, the walls should be solid and require LOS to attack.

You can't shoot survivors through walls.  

Masky

Masky
  • 301 posts

1. A glitch I discovered just the other day was that if I place a smoke grenade where my guys are located, (so far this has worked in every position I've tried it in.) they are then able to suppress targets despite being covered in smoke. However this only occurs when I tell them to suppress defenders rather than shoot at them, also the defenders do not shoot back while this is happening.

2. This one occurs much too often, I destroy an occupied tower with explosives (M67 to be precise) and despite the structure collapsing, the survivor who was positioned there remains floating in the air. I have no idea why this is but one would assume that having a building collapse on you would incapacitate you.

Edited by Masky, 29 May 2013 - 06:55 PM.

BrianBore

BrianBore
  • 565 posts

Fairly sure it wasn't by design. Plus check the OP, it is now listed as a known bug. Plus in RL you wouldn't have a near top down view of the enemy that you could use to estimate which walls to shoot and suppress through, well not unless you have a spare drone on call.

1. A glitch I discovered just the other day was that if I place a smoke grenade where my guys are located, (so far this has worked in every position I've tried it in.) they are then able to suppress targets despite being covered in smoke. However this only occurs when I tell them to suppress defenders rather than shoot at them, also the defenders do not shoot back while this is happening.

AFAIK this one actually was intended, or at the very least it has been mentioned before, and no response has been given to it. In a way is has some logic to it, throw a smoke down and spray your weapons at the estimated position you last saw the enemy, to hopefully suppress them. But it should work both ways, it would be more realistic is if the enemy could retaliate by also suppressing through the smoke at the approximate area the survivors would be. Stray bullets occasionally hitting survivors on both sides that are not in cover would also add some realism, but this is a bug thread so nvm.

2. This one occurs much too often, I destroy an occupied tower with explosives (M67 to be precise) and despite the structure collapsing, the survivor who was positioned there remains floating in the air. I have no idea why this is but one would assume that having a building collapse on you would incapacitate you.

I second this, it is still present, but only happens occasionally. The survivor should fall, and that fall should either severely injure them (if they have very high health e.g. fighter + vest) or incapacitate them if they have normal health.

Edited by BrianBore, 29 May 2013 - 08:18 PM.