Photo

Pvp Bugs

• Please log in to reply
433 replies to this topic

rjayoneohone

rjayoneohone
  • 165 posts

Just remembered another issue, sort of pvp related:

Raid reports are completely bugged/inaccurate. I raided a player (whom I talk to in chat) called "sanna" and killed all ten of their survivors before looting the fuel gen and leaving; this player later showed me their raid report and it stated they had 4 survivors "downed" due my raid.

Additionally I have had raids done on my compound that have cleared my bounty, yet the raid report has not mentioned any survivors being "downed". It's very buggy.

Not a bug bro injuries to the defending players are less its randomly determined even if u down 10 sometimes only one or two are severely injured which shows on the report.

CarbonNitride

CarbonNitride
  • 84 posts

Ok, any particular type of grenade?

Are you throwing it into barricades?

Are you throwing it into the open?

Are you throwing it under a survivor?

Are you throwing it into traps?

I've only tried with pineapple grenades but all of those thrown regardless of location fail to explode.

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

You can't shoot survivors through walls.  

Technically, you can but you need to know where they are, else you are just wasting a lot of ammunition.

BrianBore

BrianBore
  • 565 posts

Not a bug bro injuries to the defending players are less its randomly determined even if u down 10 sometimes only one or two are severely injured which shows on the report.

I still think it needs fixing, as it is confusing. Clearly '# x Survivors Downed' should represent the actual number of your survivors that were taken out, but at present it does not. Injuries are a separate thing entirely. Maybe it's just something that got overlooked, or maybe it really is a bug, hard to tell I guess.

Edited by BrianBore, 30 May 2013 - 01:18 AM.

CarbonNitride

CarbonNitride
  • 84 posts

I've only tried with pineapple grenades but all of those thrown regardless of location fail to explode.

I've just tried with a pineapple grenade in PVE and it still failed to explode. However, for the purpose of the "Frag Out" achievements it still counted as a greade used.

aj9999

aj9999
  • 23 posts

I've just tried with a pineapple grenade in PVE and it still failed to explode. However, for the purpose of the "Frag Out" achievements it still counted as a greade used.

I think I have only had one grenade not explode a long time ago and one of those backpack explosive end up being a dud.  I figured it was a temporary glitch and have continued using grenades as required.  Have not had any recently tho

Dave

Dave
  • 9 posts

Not exactly a bug but it may count as complaint.

I'd like to see decoytraps being useful. Currently only recon can detect them but once discovered, you can easily distinquish between normal ones and decoys because of their different symbols. Make them useful by having all classes being able to detect them but they look like normal traps except doing no damage so that the attacker may waste time to disarm them. Might even add a small knockback of 1-2m to them, almost anything will do.

Since it's about traps. not sure if it was fixed but you can detect them through compound walls. But they can als trigger and shoot when there is a wall between trap(inside the compound) and raider(outside the compound). Like a wheel of misfortune shooting almost all raiders dead when they pass by outside.

Edited by Dave, 30 May 2013 - 05:09 PM.

BrianBore

BrianBore
  • 565 posts

not sure if it was fixed but you can detect them through compound walls.

Not fixed, still very much present. I can spot about 80% of the traps spread within the compound building, without ever having to enter it. Really would be nice to get that one fixed now that traps have a real threat aspect to them.

Edit: Of course peering through a doorway, (even from a few steps back) should still allow you to spot traps within the compound that you have LOS on, without having to enter the compound; that is still reasonable, it's just at the minute I don't even need to go to the doorway or have LOS.

Edited by BrianBore, 04 June 2013 - 01:13 PM.

xXWolfmanXx

xXWolfmanXx
  • 12 posts

In addition to the line-of-sight bugs I have also experienced bugs in regards to range; When raiding the defenders have unlimited range and can shoot through the compound itself. Ex. Survivors with assault rifles on one side of the map/compound and all the way on the other side are my survivors they shoot straight through everything and there is NO range limits. I havn't seen this bug/issue posted on any of the forums yet so I figured I might bring this up now.

BrianBore

BrianBore
  • 565 posts

In addition to the line-of-sight bugs I have also experienced bugs in regards to range; When raiding the defenders have unlimited range and can shoot through the compound itself. Ex. Survivors with assault rifles on one side of the map/compound and all the way on the other side are my survivors they shoot straight through everything and there is NO range limits. I havn't seen this bug/issue posted on any of the forums yet so I figured I might bring this up now.

I did mention something slightly similar in one of my earlier posts, but when I experienced it I was within range (so didn't mention it as a range issue), but they still managed to shoot through the compound walls at my guys, and I couldn't return fire because LOS was blocked. Thankfully this one is rare, and I have never experienced the unlimited range variance of this bug.

BrianBore

BrianBore
  • 565 posts

Just linking to this here, as it is relevant: Bugged raid reports and/or bounty system :(

Please fix Con.

Takata

Takata
  • 464 posts

Hi,

I've got more evidences of systematical bugged Raid reports after compound defence:

Now, in fact, 0 survivor downed means.... 0 survivor injured.

There is a very low probability resulting in a defender taking an injury.

Consequently, as the system works now, one may have his 10 survivors downed during a compound defence, but not a single one recieving an injury. Then, in raid defense report, nothing is telling the player what his real casualities were. Moreover, there is redundancy in reports when one or more defenders are actually injured.

I'm actually bountied.

I had left 5 guys defending my compound while the other 5 raided, then I disconnected.

As expected, several hours later, my defense was crushed and my compound was destroyed and entirely looted.

Nonetheless, the following compound raid report is showing 1 survivor downed (while all my defenders were taken out without a single doubt).

In reports details, I have 1 survivor with severe injury, which is the case (grade 4 'Severe Chest Wound'), but this is about the same one which was obviously reported 'downed'.

- Another important point to notice:

Actually, my chances of getting an injury for a downed defender are certainly lower than 1/5.

It seems totally disproportionate compared to the 100% chance of getting 1 severe injury + possible minor, each time an attacking survivor is downed.

Hence, I do believe that there is still a lot of tweaking needed behind the whole injury system.

S~

aj9999

aj9999
  • 23 posts

Well I just attacked a compound for a bounty that had all the survivors place in the middle of the compound.  I stayed on the green line behind the cars and basically shot them all.  One player ran around like a chicken with his head cut off and the others stood still and I picked off every one of them without them shooting back once. 

I did have three injured however, when I went to throw a grenade at a WOM and my recon preceed to run towards it rather then grenade it.

Then to top it off the flash crashed on me before I could leave with the bounty.

Schim

Schim
  • 80 posts
For the past few days, I can't see who raided me, the raid-report will not pop-up when I open the game...

I know this is an old bug, but it's a pretty annoying one...

Can you please take a look at it?

Thnx

Foxi Shandris

Foxi Shandris
  • 163 posts

Instant death spawning. 

I went to raid this guy and, as soon as the attack began, all of my survivors died while in cover.

BrianBore

BrianBore
  • 565 posts

Instant death spawning. 

I went to raid this guy and, as soon as the attack began, all of my survivors died while in cover.

That's not a bug. The guy probably had his survivors fairly close to the area you spawned, and had good long range weapons, which would naturally result in them attacking you as soon as you spawn.

There are a few ways around that: either pick your spawn point more carefully, and/or be ready to pop a smoke as soon as you spawn (granted it can be hard to do).

But it really isn't a bug, it's a valid defense strategy. That being said, he can't cover all spawn areas in that way (and if he tries his guys will be so spread out that they are weak), so all you need to do is try a different spawn area next time, good luck.

xXWolfmanXx

xXWolfmanXx
  • 12 posts

I have taken a few screen shots of this "bug" however it will not let me upload because they are too large. I will try to e-mail them directly if i get a chance.

MelissaO

MelissaO
  • 817 posts

I see a lot of people talking about doing this on raids as well as missions. If they do not get 'good loot' or their raid is not going well they simply refresh the game and nothing lost..nothing gained. BUT..they do know the persons defenses, positions, weapons etc and can plan better .. attack differently. In the case of a mission they do not have to wait for the return time knowing they did not get a great haul.

BrianBore

BrianBore
  • 565 posts

I see a lot of people talking about doing this on raids as well as missions. If they do not get 'good loot' or their raid is not going well they simply refresh the game and nothing lost..nothing gained. BUT..they do know the persons defenses, positions, weapons etc and can plan better .. attack differently. In the case of a mission they do not have to wait for the return time knowing they did not get a great haul.

Yes you can do that on raids, but I'm fairly sure it is not a bug. AFAIK Con designed it this way, because sometimes the game crashes/freezes/glitches/etc during a raid (happens to me enough to be annoying), and it would be rather unreasonable to wait 4 hours with nothing to show for it.

To balance it out, when the person refreshes, any damage they did is not saved and they can not attack that person again for a full 24 hours. Yes they do gain intel, but they could do that anyway by sending a scouting mission (1 crappy survivor, who spawns in a safe-ish area, just so the player can gather intel (enemy home, etc)); alternatively, a single raid gives you plenty of intel for the next day, so either way they aren't obtaining much of an advantage. Plus, changing it would greatly reduce the PVP side of gaming for those players who suffer frequent disconnects/crashes/etc.

As for missions, again AFAIK Con designed it that way, because sometimes you just get stuck on the loading screen and nothing happens, other times the game crashes half way through a mission (sucks big time). To balance it out that area now remains locked for ~22 hours and like you stated, you get none of loot. If they changed it to prevent this, I'm fairly sure it would suck to be disconnected/crash when trying a high level area, only to then have to deal with a 4+ hour return time with no loot; also fairly sure that would cause a lot of players who don't own the DMU to quit (and I would side with them in that case, as the game is long enough for none DMU owners without having to wait on return times after game-crashes/disconnects/etc).

MelissaO

MelissaO
  • 817 posts

Yes you can do that on raids, but I'm fairly sure it is not a bug. AFAIK Con designed it this way, because sometimes the game crashes/freezes/glitches/etc during a raid (happens to me enough to be annoying), and it would be rather unreasonable to wait 4 hours with nothing to show for it.

To balance it out, when the person refreshes, any damage they did is not saved and they can not attack that person again for a full 24 hours. Yes they do gain intel, but they could do that anyway by sending a scouting mission (1 crappy survivor, who spawns in a safe-ish area, just so the player can gather intel (enemy home, etc)); alternatively, a single raid gives you plenty of intel for the next day, so either way they aren't obtaining much of an advantage. Plus, changing it would greatly reduce the PVP side of gaming for those players who suffer frequent disconnects/crashes/etc.

As for missions, again AFAIK Con designed it that way, because sometimes you just get stuck on the loading screen and nothing happens, other times the game crashes half way through a mission (sucks big time). To balance it out that area now remains locked for ~22 hours and like you stated, you get none of loot. If they changed it to prevent this, I'm fairly sure it would suck to be disconnected/crash when trying a high level area, only to then have to deal with a 4+ hour return time with no loot; also fairly sure that would cause a lot of players who don't own the DMU to quit (and I would side with them in that case, as the game is long enough for none DMU owners without having to wait on return times after game-crashes/disconnects/etc).

Thank you so much for taking the time to fully explain to me why it works that way in such detail. It makes perfect sense. I really do appreciate it. :)