Photo

Pvp Bugs

• Please log in to reply
436 replies to this topic

BrianBore

BrianBore
  • 565 posts

Thank you so much for taking the time to fully explain to me why it works that way in such detail. It makes perfect sense. I really do appreciate it. :)

You're very welcome :)

FalloutKatie

FalloutKatie
  • 274 posts

Yes you can do that on raids, but I'm fairly sure it is not a bug. AFAIK Con designed it this way, because sometimes the game crashes/freezes/glitches/etc during a raid (happens to me enough to be annoying), and it would be rather unreasonable to wait 4 hours with nothing to show for it.

yea well, well on multiple occasions the game has crashed i had to wait the timer and never got the loot from it..  Sooo yeaa Lol

Angus Archer

Angus Archer
  • 96 posts

Rare occurrence but worth noting.

There are SOME players that I attempt to raid, which once I select spawn point the game goes to the "equipping survivors" screen.  And it stays on it.  Permanently.  

For me, at least, it is always the same players that this happens to.  So either my game glitches on the same compounds due to a systems error or player manipulation.  

Either way it is pretty frustrating.  

P.S. I have player account names, if this is an issue that requires further investigation.  

Kazure

Kazure
  • 51 posts

idk if this is new, but sometimes if u view a compound first and the attack, none of his survivors are shown. but if u deploy some survivors they are there -.-

i tried to raid someone few moments ago with no survivors inside, fuel generator running outside ..

i deployed 2 send them to loot the fuel and 6 survivors just *bing* showed up standing all around his base. the worst thing: i couldn't heal my survivors >.<

MelissaO

MelissaO
  • 817 posts

idk if this is new, but sometimes if u view a compound first and the attack, none of his survivors are shown. but if u deploy some survivors they are there -.-

i tried to raid someone few moments ago with no survivors inside, fuel generator running outside ..

i deployed 2 send them to loot the fuel and 6 survivors just *bing* showed up standing all around his base. the worst thing: i couldn't heal my survivors >.<

When you view a compound you wont see the other persons survivors. You will only know if they are 'home' when you go to raid.

Angus Archer

Angus Archer
  • 96 posts

Meh.

Edited by Angus Archer, 22 June 2013 - 12:11 AM.

BrianBore

BrianBore
  • 565 posts

Have not heard this mentioned yet, and this is an OP bug.... obviously benefits its users, so hence why it is not mentioned.

Using silent weapons in raiding seems to be bugged.

Silent weapons VERSUS survivors behind barricades = no return of fire, despite line of sight: They just sit there.... dying.

Silent weapons VERSUS survivors in towers = return fire, but only IF shot at.  You can kill all of his friends around him, and he won't do a thing.

I'm sure that is not intended as it is obviously completely OP, while it gives an almost insta-win for the attacking party.   Assuming you can spawn into a compound without incident, it is very easy for one survivor raids to be successful versus a full strength 10-survivor compound.   

Not true.

It may work on survivors assigned to rally flags, but I have tested it numerous times on survivors behind barricades, they and those near them will return fire once you have suppressed the survivor a little. Of course if you can kill them before suppressing, then that's another story.

Anyway, I'll do another raid in about 20 minutes just to test this again, in case something changed in the last update.

Kazure

Kazure
  • 51 posts

When you view a compound you wont see the other persons survivors. You will only know if they are 'home' when you go to raid.

no u cant!

yesterday everything was ok, but today 2 guys and the survivors show only if u loot something.

MelissaO

MelissaO
  • 817 posts

no u cant!

yesterday everything was ok, but today 2 guys and the survivors show only if u loot something.

Either I am not understanding what you are saying or every single compound I have visited over the past year has never ever had a survivor home at the time. IDK.. I was always under the impression that when you just visited that you did not see the survivors but you did see them once you attacked. I apologize if I gave you the wrong information..was only trying to help.

Angus Archer

Angus Archer
  • 96 posts

Meh.

Edited by Angus Archer, 22 June 2013 - 12:11 AM.

BrianBore

BrianBore
  • 565 posts

no u cant!

What? Please word your posts a little better; it is not clear from this post what you mean.

Either I am not understanding what you are saying or every single compound I have visited over the past year has never ever had a survivor home at the time. IDK.. I was always under the impression that when you just visited that you did not see the survivors but you did see them once you attacked. I apologize if I gave you the wrong information..was only trying to help.

^This. Melissa is correct, you do not get to see whether the survivors are 'home' or 'away', just by 'visiting'. The only way to find out is to raid them, then you will know.

That is how it works, that is how it has always worked since I have played this game (quite a while). As I stated above, you do not get to see if the survivors are home or not, until you actually deploy.

Edited by BrianBore, 13 June 2013 - 03:55 AM.

Pikulan

Pikulan
  • 136 posts

A buddy online told me he does this, and I tried it and it worked without any issues.  My weapons are totally suppressed, and I fire out of range (obviously).  

I also usually had killed the survivors before they were suppressed though (I believe).  Regardless, whether it requires one to kill a survivor before suppression or not,  an obvious bug and totally OP.  

I think the effect is intended by developer. I believe this is related to the noise parameter in ranged weapons. The lower noise number means less suppression.

Angus Archer

Angus Archer
  • 96 posts

Meh.

Edited by Angus Archer, 22 June 2013 - 12:12 AM.

BrianBore

BrianBore
  • 565 posts

I wonder if CON still checks on this thread.  I haven't seen him post here in a bit.  It would be good to hear his input on this issue. 

I'm sure it was not the developers intent that a single survivor can dominate an entire compound without ever having return fire.  It is pretty funny to watch the other survivors just sit idle as their fellow survivors get shot down beside them.  

Listen: if it is intended, then great.  I know I am going to exploit this bug (strategy?) often.  

I think the silenced/suppressed aspects of certain weapons is probably intended to have some effect in raiding. However, I don't think it was intended to have the full effect that it does. I also suspect Con will work towards changing it when he get's some spare time and actually reads these posts.

That being said, as I stated before, it works in some situations, but not all. A few hours back I had my brother try this method against my compound with a few suppressed SVDs, it did not go well for him; but we will keep testing, and I will eventually post a few vids of the tests, when I get time. Maybe you could post some vids of your raids using this method? Just so we can compare, to see where it works and where it doesn't.

Edited by BrianBore, 13 June 2013 - 05:03 AM.

Takata

Takata
  • 464 posts

Rare occurrence but worth noting.

There are SOME players that I attempt to raid, which once I select spawn point the game goes to the "equipping survivors" screen.  And it stays on it.  Permanently.

It may be related to your own settings (e.g. browser addon). Got problems like that with Ghostery for Mozilla until I turned it off when playing the game.

Edited by Takata, 13 June 2013 - 02:20 PM.

Takata

Takata
  • 464 posts

What you seem to have experienced would be an opponent party returning home.

If one's survivors that were sent on mission are comming back home while their compound is raided (raid in progress), they are just spawning at their battle post without warning!

It can be quite suprising but it happens.

:-)

Edited by Takata, 13 June 2013 - 03:01 PM.

Angus Archer

Angus Archer
  • 96 posts

Meh.

Edited by Angus Archer, 22 June 2013 - 12:12 AM.

Chris_Redfield

Chris_Redfield
  • 146 posts

I've raided one of my friend compound today and when I try to shoot one of his survivor the rest of them runs towards my survivor where all of them got killed. Same in mine when he tried to raid me and one of my survivor did the same. His survivors were placed in the rally flag and same as mine.

Edited by TLSDZ101, 13 June 2013 - 03:24 PM.

BrianBore

BrianBore
  • 565 posts

I've raided one of my friend compound today and when I try to shoot one of his survivor the rest of them runs towards my survivor where all of them got killed. Same in mine when he tried to raid me and one of my survivor did the same. His survivors were placed in the rally flag and same as mine.

Never use rally flags for defense against raids, they really do suck. They provide no cover, leave you vulnerable to critical hits from the enemy, and as you experienced they allow your survivor to run towards the enemy when not sealed in by your barricades. Always seal your survivors in so that they can't run around like morons; yes it is a flaw in the AI when they do, but Con has already addressed that in this thread (the defending AI is due for a re-work).

Chris_Redfield

Chris_Redfield
  • 146 posts

Got another bug about the grenades. Whenever I throw a grenade there is a white circular that indicates the blast radius but sometimes it doesn't appear and sometimes I accidentally thrown a grenade and baaam a another waste of pineapple chunk. I don't know if this has been posted but I'm just too lazy to read each post one by one.