Photo

A Little Bit Of Good Stats On The New Clothing

clothing small stats

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Edward Nightfall

Edward Nightfall
  • 106 posts

I was thinking that the new clothes are a bit useless, so why not put something like 1% of some stat? idk, +1% move speed or 1% of some random stat, just to not let the idea of clothes stay totally useless...

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,763 posts

I was thinking that the new clothes are a bit useless, so why not put something like 1% of some stat? idk, +1% move speed or 1% of some random stat, just to not let the idea of clothes stay totally useless...

The new clothes don't really need stats, the possibilities of customisation in how our guys look is reward enough for having them :)

Edward Nightfall

Edward Nightfall
  • 106 posts

The new clothes don't really need stats, the possibilities of customisation in how our guys look is reward enough for having them :)

I really think its nice, but a bit late, it will become useless, believe me when i say that...

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts

Con's response to the no-stat issue:

It's a tricky balance. If we were to add bonuses to them, we'd have to make sure that those bonuses are available to non-paying players to keep things fair. Then on top of that it adds another level of required balancing that needs to be done to the game.

In other words...

Not gonna happen.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,763 posts

I really think its nice, but a bit late, it will become useless, believe me when i say that...

It's down to personal preference, after three years of inability to change the appearance of our guys, the update is basically what i've always wanted from the game. 

The other thing of course is do we really need more stats? We've got stats all over the place now, including from research. 

Edward Nightfall

Edward Nightfall
  • 106 posts

Con's response to the no-stat issue:

In other words...

Not gonna happen.

It's down to personal preference, after three years of inability to change the appearance of our guys, the update is basically what i've always wanted from the game. 

The other thing of course is do we really need more stats? We've got stats all over the place now, including from research. 

In a sense, i get what you guys are saying... oh well, its ok anyway, since the clothes are cool even so...

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 714 posts

I don't see the logic behind a mask giving you more protection against bullets over a full set of the lastest HERC gear but k

Personally, I don't really care either way if they get stats, because clearly i won't be getting any clothes any time soon.

Con

Con
  • 4,275 posts

Yeah, not happening. It was a very intentional decision not to add stats to the clothing. 

We wanted them to be an outlet for players to express themselves, to show off and to have fun without having to worry about statistics.

I run into it constantly with MMO gear in other games, I want my character to look awesome - but I have to wear the ugly bit of clothing because it gives my character +2 more whatevers. 

If you feel like you need statistics on items in order to justify a purchase, you're out of luck, sorry. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: clothing, small, stats