Photo

A Big Announcement!

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

We wanted to give you all the heads up before we make this announcement to the whole world. You guys are the first to know outside of our studio, families and friends.

Firstly, thank you to all of you. Con Artist Games has some of the best fans. Some of you have followed my work from the earliest days- nearly 8 years ago now - and it's amazing.

Some History
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Way back in 2011, Lisa, Steve and I started making The Last Stand: Dead Zone. We busted our butts to get a playable game ready and released within about 6 months. 

Dead Zone started out a little slow. We didn't think that people would still be playing after 4 years, so we started making plans back in 2013 to start working on a new game. We had already brought Sev on to help us develop some of the most enjoyed parts of Dead Zone like the chat, Alliances and trade. Eventually we got some help with production and art by bringing on Tom and Simon. As well as helping to develop Dead Zone, we'd also hoped to work on this prospective new game because from everything we'd seen in the industry, games in the same genre as Dead Zone typically don't last past their first 2 years. We felt the need way back then to make sure we had something else in the works.

In 2014, Dead Zone blew up and we had a huge surge in new players. We decided to put our plans for the new game to the side and give Dead Zone the love it deserved. The new game was still being made, but we were working on it after hours, over weekends and in between Dead Zone updates if we could spare the manpower. 

Over time we've managed to squeeze in some hours for that new game and it's come a long way. So, after nearly two years here is the announcement I've been busting to make:

Warfare Online is in development at Con Artist Games
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We've been working on it since early 2014 and it's almost ready to show the world. We will have a full announcement next week.

What is Warfare Online?
It's a modern take on the previous warfare games set in a near-future war between superpowers. You'll be able to build platoons, take them online and battle it out in true Warfare style. We'll also have a skirmish mode for you to practice against AI. We're building it for PC, it will release on Steam (Greenlight pending) and it'll be free to play. 

What does this mean for Dead Zone?
Not a lot, really. We're dedicated to continue expanding Dead Zone as long as enough people are playing. We've got our Roadmap for 2016 and we'll be sticking to it. We know we can too, because we've put out around 24 updates for Dead Zone since we started working on Warfare Online, that's roughly 1 update a month!

Yeah, but what does this really mean for Dead Zone?
No seriously, nothing. We've planned this whole thing out to allow us to work on both games, just like we have been for the last 2 years. Did I mention the Roadmap? Yeah, we're planning on sticking to that: http://deadzonegame.com/roadmap

When is Warfare Online coming out?
It'll be out in Alpha on PC (through Steam) in 2016 and we plan on expanding it over time.

Where can we get more info?
There'll be a trailer and website and social media pages and all that coming soon. We'll be adding a new Warfare Online section to the forums as well so you can discuss it all there too. There's lots more info coming, we just wanted to make sure you guys were the first to know.

TL;DR
Thanks for being such great fans! It's been a long 5 years, but a new game from Con Artist Games is coming in 2016. The new game is Warfare Online. Dead Zone lives on, we will continue putting updates out for it.

P.S - There's a new update coming for Dead Zone next week too!

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

Just a reminder to all of you that if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I'll be here all weekend to chat about this stuff :)

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 562 posts

Now I have to get a windows computer and steam

well at least I know what  I`m going to spend my first paycheck on :)

(My birthday is in October but I now plan on getting a job over the summer so I can  play Warfare Online as soon as it comes out)

Edited by Aubrey Dickson, 08 April 2016 - 12:28 AM.

ISOLAYTORE

ISOLAYTORE
  • 95 posts

This an MMORTS game? Nice, can't wait to try it :)

Thanks Con & Co.

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

This an MMORTS game? Nice, can't wait to try it :)

Thanks Con & Co.

Not quite, it's focussed on 1 vs 1 multiplayer strategy. Lots of progression and customisation! 

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,626 posts

Will this be like the Command and Conquer games?

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

Will this be like the Command and Conquer games?

It'll be like the Warfare games :)

http://armorgames.co...67/warfare-1917

http://armorgames.co...71/warfare-1944

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,626 posts

It'll be like the Warfare games :)

http://armorgames.co...67/warfare-1917

http://armorgames.co...71/warfare-1944

Ah ok, forgive me for the misinterpretation. I said Command and Conquer as I've been following a Yuri's Revenge mod closely so that was the first thing that came to mind. 

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

Ah ok, forgive me for the misinterpretation. I said Command and Conquer as I've been following a Yuri's Revenge mod closely so that was the first thing that came to mind. 

No problem, I think we're going to get that a lot. You'll see what I mean next week.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,168 posts

On Steam?  Awesome sauce, congrats Con.

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

On Steam?  Awesome sauce, congrats Con.

That's the plan. We'll be rallying people to vote for us on Greenlight (process we need to go through to get approved) some time next week.

A Real Renegade

A Real Renegade
  • 491 posts

Steam only (not that I'm unhappy with that means I'll finally be able to support you guys ♥)?

Cybertraxx

Cybertraxx
  • 261 posts

I loved your old warfare games con, i played them all, this seems to be the MMO i was looking for from you, will even i be able to play?

Edit: I know this is a big question, but will there be any type of alliances? Or alliance war?

Edited by Cybertraxx, 08 April 2016 - 03:05 AM.

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

I loved your old warfare games con, i played them all, this seems to be the MMO i was looking for from you, will even i be able to play?

Edit: I know this is a big question, but will there be any type of alliances? Or alliance war?

Not so much an MMO, it's focussed on head to head battles (in real time) with lots of customisation and progression.

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

Steam only (not that I'm unhappy with that means I'll finally be able to support you guys ♥)?

That's the plan for now. The game has other possible platforms, we'll just have to see.

Vahx

Vahx
  • 195 posts

Is this announcement related to the recent pictures about moving?

Con

Con
  • 4,111 posts

Is this announcement related to the recent pictures about moving?

Nope, completely unrelated. Just happened to coincide with us talking about Warfare. The "moving" image updates have been about Dead Zone, check the roadmap to keep up to date on that!

http://deadzonegame.com/roadmap

Cybertraxx

Cybertraxx
  • 261 posts

Not so much an MMO, it's focussed on head to head battles (in real time) with lots of customisation and progression.

Ohh, my mistake. 

Sounds really cool, i will stay tuned.

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

First of all:

I figured that something like this would come out for a while :D

But now for some questions:

Can we select each specific platoon soldier and change their weapons/attachments? (The Division has a neat system for this)

Customizable vehicles? (Tanks, Jeeps, Humvees, etc.)

How large is the scale of the battlefield going to be? Will there be large battle fields in which we can put snipers faraway while CQC soldiers are fighting it out at the front line? The combat areas in previous warfare games felt a bit small.

Will there be an In-depth story line, and how much would players have influence on it?

This is exciting, I'll definitely check out the game once it comes onto steam, because, aside from playing this game, I mainly play other PC games on steam anyway.

Edited by Scrub McLordington LXIX, 08 April 2016 - 10:33 AM.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 806 posts

I've followed since the first TLS games, haven't played much others.

Only hopped onto DZ in May 2015 when I got an e-mail (required for account creation on sites such as AG, FB, Kong, Yahoo, etc.)

Will look forward to this new game.

Full support!

EDIT: (Now that I think of it, I gotta play the warfare games, because I have no Idea of what "in true Warfare style" means).

Edited by MW3ProPiper, 08 April 2016 - 10:37 AM.