• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,050 posts

First of all:

I figured that something like this would come out for a while :D

But now for some questions:

Can we select each specific platoon soldier and change their weapons/attachments? (The Division has a neat system for this)

Customizable vehicles? (Tanks, Jeeps, Humvees, etc.)

How large is the scale of the battlefield going to be? Will there be large battle fields in which we can put snipers faraway while CQC soldiers are fighting it out at the front line? The combat areas in previous warfare games felt a bit small.

Will there be an In-depth story line, and how much would players have influence on it?

This is exciting, I'll definitely check out the game once it comes onto steam, because, aside from playing this game, I mainly play other PC games on steam anyway.

Cheers Scrub!

- Units will make up the platoons, Riflemen, Assault etc. You'll be able to customise weapons and gear as well as a few other things in a very similar way to Dead Zone. 

- Vehicles are in too, and yep, customizable. 

- Scale is similar to the originals, but it's all dependent on the map. 

- We're concentrating on multiplayer to start out. Not ruling out the idea of a campaign though!

Anderill

Anderill
  • 187 posts

Sounds pretty sweet to me! And please do consider a campaign, maybe even co-op down the line! Looking forward to seeing more of this!

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,691 posts

Very interesting. Good luck with this new venture :)

kijhvitc

kijhvitc
  • 278 posts

Is this going to be a more in depth version of the small WW1&2 games you released a few years back?

Andre Kroon

Andre Kroon
  • 19 posts

This will need a decent PC then right? Well I guess it will be one of the first games I will get on the PC ill be building during the summer or potentialy during autumn if I need more cash for it.

Con

Con
  • 4,050 posts

Is this going to be a more in depth version of the small WW1&2 games you released a few years back?

Yep! We're trying to stay true to the originals. Gameplay wise I'd say it's closest to Warfare 1917, but with multiplayer and heaps more customization.

Seres69

Seres69
  • 230 posts

This is pretty awesome, to say the least. Played the Warfare games way back and always wanted an online version. Guess my wish and the wish of many other people is coming true. You definitely got my vote once it's on Greenlight.

Trent_RPD

Trent_RPD
  • 133 posts

Not sure if i'm going to fit the requirements in terms of specs for the game but i will definitely give you my vote on steam since i know the game will be good and also maybe you can get some more people from steam to play DeadZone once they see your company name and search for more of your games ;) good luck CAG team!

Also if you could tell if my 2.8 GB RAM will be enough to play it'd be awesone :P

the115

the115
  • 34 posts

Another Warfare game! Loves the other two you guys made and can't wait for the next. Give us the greenlight link as soon as posible and I'll vote right away!

tvsnake

tvsnake
  • 98 posts

I'm not a huge PvP fan, but I wish you a big Good Luck for your new project :)

ruawizard

ruawizard
  • 426 posts

Congrats guys! I hope you make shedloads of $$$  :)

omar_abdallah_1

omar_abdallah_1
  • 121 posts

wow con :)

i will play the game for sure but it won't be better than TLS:DZ ;)

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 796 posts

So, I'll sum up some points that we have learned from DZ:

- This new game would need a premium currency system similar to DeadZone. This is one of the only MMOs that is so F2P friendly (people can create alts to compete with DMU if they have the effort to put in). With the fuel system we have now, it feels like we don't need to buy fuel, that there is truly an option to either save up or speed up the process by buying fuel. The system is very balanced with the F2P vs. Pay options.

- Chat. This holds the community together, some would say it is the best part of the game. As a Kong player, I know what a desolate chat feels like, it makes me envy AG/FB guys who have a nice, active chat. It is my belief that if we launch this game, we have to consolidate it to one server, to maintain a high chat population.

- Bugs. While I haven't experienced many, I have experienced some minor performance issues and have heard of some pretty bad experiences from other players. I can't comment much as I don't know all that much about the technology and code behind these games, but bugs are definitely a thing we can improve on with this new launch.

Those are my 2 cents, will look forward to the game.

FLoor

FLoor
  • 143 posts

Literally what I've been dreaming of since I first got into raiding in TLS:DZ!

Can't wait for the greenlight, I'll be sure to vote on it as soon as it's an option!

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,691 posts

I had a look at Steam given I was unfamiliar with it, and apparently it does support Macs and Linux. I noted you said your initial version will be for PCs; is this the case or nothing I and my household of Macs should be concerned about? :)

Con

Con
  • 4,050 posts

I had a look at Steam given I was unfamiliar with it, and apparently it does support Macs and Linux. I noted you said your initial version will be for PCs; is this the case or nothing I and my household of Macs should be concerned about? :)

We're building the game in Unity, so a Mac version is something we're looking at. We're focussing on PC first to get the Alpha running and eventually go into early access where we can really nail down the balance before launch.

xavero

xavero
  • 53 posts

wohoo! warfare is back, so i have couple of question

1. same customization for units like dead zone, so other than changing weapons and gear, we can change their clothing too?

2. do we unlock, find, make/craft, or buy this weapons and gear? and possibly clothing?

3. does it have supply box or fuel like system?

4. are there trading in this game? if yes do we use in-game trading or steam trading?

5. and lastly will it have the sexy con artist starting logo? (like in the in warfare, you know when you press play then it shows con artist with a helmet)

Edited by xavero, 10 April 2016 - 11:42 PM.

Con

Con
  • 4,050 posts

wohoo! warfare is back, so i have couple of question

1. same customization for units like dead zone, so other than changing weapons and gear, we can change their clothing too?

2. do we unlock, find, make/craft, or buy this weapons and gear? and possibly clothing?

3. does it have supply box or fuel like system?

4. are there trading in this game? if yes do we use in-game trading or steam trading?

5. and lastly will it have the sexy con artist starting logo? (like in the in warfare, you know when you press play then it shows con artist with a helmet)

1. Similar, at the moment we have weapon, gear and skill for units. Camo can be changed too.

2 & 3. It's a mix of all those things.

4. No plans for that at this stage.

5. Yes! One of the first things we threw in. 

jjmags

jjmags
  • 26 posts

This sounds so much fun!

I always enjoyed the Warfare games. I can't wait.

Now to someone who has never really gotten into pc gaming until LSDZ, what is steam and how compatible is it with labtops with OS windows 10?

I know nothing about it.

Con

Con
  • 4,050 posts

This sounds so much fun!

I always enjoyed the Warfare games. I can't wait.

Now to someone who has never really gotten into pc gaming until LSDZ, what is steam and how compatible is it with labtops with OS windows 10?

I know nothing about it.

jjmags - it's probably the largest online marketplace for PC games. Very compatible with Windows 10, but your computer hardware will be the decider there. 

You can learn more at: http://steampowered.com