Photo

A Big Announcement!

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

Does this mean Warfare Online will be available at Armor Games too? (and possibly Kong as well).

(And if you ever want some suggestions for dining in Boston I have plenty of ideas)

Warfare won't be coming to browsers, no. Armor has expanded their horizons a bit over the years, they're partnering with developers on PC and mobile games. 

Would love some suggestions! I'll DM you.

IgorC

IgorC
  • 191 posts

You said the game is in a near future, will there be any futuristic weapon, such as laser guns or maybe robots? What kind of troops will you have, do platoons have specific guns they can use, or you can choose what they use, such as in DZ?

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

You said the game is in a near future, will there be any futuristic weapon, such as laser guns or maybe robots? What kind of troops will you have, do platoons have specific guns they can use, or you can choose what they use, such as in DZ?

It's very near future. We have a few things like EMP's and some experimental robots.

Units will have a fairly wide selection of weapons that will be mostly specific to them. They're all designed to change the way each unit behaves slightly. For example the Sniper will have options for a heavier, longer range rifle or a lighter, faster firing, shorter range battle rifle. Combined with the gear and skills they have, these can make for interesting setups.

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

Aaaaand we're live. Go vote on Greenlight!

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=665638268

A Real Renegade

A Real Renegade
  • 486 posts

Smash dat MF Greenlight button. Hnnng

IgorC

IgorC
  • 191 posts

Aaaaand we're live. Go vote on Greenlight!

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=665638268

Alright, will vote as soon as i get my steam working :)

By the way, it seens awesome, i cant wait for the vehicle customization. A few thing that called my attention on the page though:

* No timers, no pay walls. Really?! How will you guys profit? I consider DZ to be one of the most balanced F2P games around, i imagine it being totally free based on the description.

* Supply boxes, i noticed at the bottom of the troop menu, what are these going to be, will we get weapons and gear through them? Will they work as HERC supply boxes?

Awesome job guys, wish you good luck!

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

Alright, will vote as soon as i get my steam working :)

By the way, it seens awesome, i cant wait for the vehicle customization. A few thing that called my attention on the page though:

* No timers, no pay walls. Really?! How will you guys profit? I consider DZ to be one of the most balanced F2P games around, i imagine it being totally free based on the description.

* Supply boxes, i noticed at the bottom of the troop menu, what are these going to be, will we get weapons and gear through them? Will they work as HERC supply boxes?

Awesome job guys, wish you good luck!

You kind of answered your own question :)

Supply Boxes will have Supports (Artillery, EMP's etc), Operations (these dictate the overall theme of your platoon) and Units. You'll be able to earn credits to buy them or you'll be able to put money in. 

Unit unlocks like weapons, gear etc, will need to be unlocked through earning XP and then you can select which ones you want by spending credits on them. If you've played World of Tanks, it'll work very similarly to that. Pretty much everything in the game is balanced in such a way that the unlocks don't give you any distinct advantage. Almost every one of them has a bonus and a small concession in another area.

On top of that, we'll have some aesthetic items like different unit camoflages that will be available for premium currency. 

the115

the115
  • 34 posts

Just voted! Hopefully the game will be greenlit. Can't wait to play this game.

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

Just voted! Hopefully the game will be greenlit. Can't wait to play this game.

Thankyou! Really appreciate it. Things are looking pretty good, really positive response so far!

Con

Con
  • 4,020 posts

Let's move discussion of details over here:

http://forum.conarti...ne-coming-2016/

NEW FORUM SECTION, WOO!

HerreraV

HerreraV
  • 27 posts

This is excellent,  I had played all the con artistĀ“ games (Saga warfare, Saga The last stand) since years ago. The warfare online will be  a BOOM. The best warfare saga to the Dead ZoneĀ“ level (your best game). Congratulations Con.

I C U Koed

I C U Koed
  • 108 posts

You kind of answered your own question :)

Unit unlocks like weapons, gear etc, will need to be unlocked through earning XP and then you can select which ones you want by spending credits on them. If you've played World of Tanks, it'll work very similarly to that. Pretty much everything in the game is balanced in such a way that the unlocks don't give you any distinct advantage. Almost every one of them has a bonus and a small concession in another area.

Big fan of WoT and Dead Zone, I think Warfare Online will  be my next love. Can't wait for the release :)

vyking

vyking
  • 216 posts

congrats con, dusted off my steam account and am excited. "zombievyking" for those who wanna play with me.

seems like youve been busy here too. cheers to sev and the team. see u in warfare:-)

widgetdog

widgetdog
  • 12 posts

Not quite, it's focussed on 1 vs 1 multiplayer strategy. Lots of progression and customisation! 

I'm a sucker for customisation ~<3