Photo

Smokestack Defence

defence building line of sight

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Midimiaow

Midimiaow
  • 329 posts

So as a lot of people (and myself in the past) have been mentioning, line of sight in compound defence is actually an issue but we can't really build high walls or anything like that to block off line of sight at the moment. (Although it would be really nice to have things that block line of sight from two directions but can still be cleared by grenades.)

A potential other solution could be "smokestacks", structures that function like a smoke grenade and block line of sight during a raid, which might force enemy raiders to come within your range to start shooting, cover and hide melee survivors in the haze (or even hide traps in the smoke!). You might have to dump some treated wood or foil/matches and other smoke grenadey kinds of things inside every time it gets used, but I'm sure it'd create some variety in defence.

Hell, it might be nice if decoy traps created a decent-sized cloud of smoke when they go off - might hide the presence of other traps or stop enemy survivors from shooting at your guys until the smoke clears, as long as the DECOY issue is fixed.

CyberJoe

CyberJoe
  • 53 posts

Sounds good +1 .

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

So, basically a smoke grenade trap?

Midimiaow

Midimiaow
  • 329 posts

Seems reasonable enough; there aren't a terribly large number of ways to sensibly block LOS otherwise,

JonCorleone

JonCorleone
  • 452 posts
Not a bad idea.

LPGD

LPGD
  • 1,224 posts

+1 from me. Although if you use aerosol pepper spray instead, it can act as an irritant and suppress attackers until they can get out of the trap's range. 

CheshireGray

CheshireGray
  • 71 posts

Huge +1 from me- I love useful traps that add something.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: defence, building, line of sight