Photo

Island Walls No Longer Bullet Proof

shoot walls broken

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

CasualRace

CasualRace
  • 93 posts

The island is broken.  The survivors and HERC shoot through most of the walls, containers and other obstacles.  It appears you have also moved the HERC around and changed the cover (notably on Bridge where you have removed two covers at the first gate).

By the way, this makes the island easier so you can add this to the OTHER side of the bug board (and perhaps say the magic words)

Tom

Tom
  • 400 posts

These maps haven't been changed in ages. Most are from October last year, the newest human bridge was last modified on the 4th of January. Its possible objects have failed to load, make sure to clear your cache in case this is the issue!

CasualRace

CasualRace
  • 93 posts

Checking around.  At least one other person has same bug.  I will keep asking around.

I get it on my laptop and on my PC.  I clear cache and history regularly so that should not be the issue.

To be clear, on the new monument map, I get shot when I spawn and can then kill most HERC from that spawn point including the one on the far left guarding the 3rd hub.  Feel free to leave this "feature" since it makes things easier.

Tom

Tom
  • 400 posts

We have an 'invisible wall' object that we use for a lot of 'line of sight' checks. Shooting the guy near the third hub is going through at least 2 invisible walls, and in testing I cannot see or shoot anyone from the spawn location.

If there was an issue with invisible walls, it would appear random from the user end which walls you could shoot through (as obviously you can't see them!).

Are you getting this across multiple browsers as well?

Again, that map hasn't been touched since early December (around its release). Were you getting the issue back then?

Tom

Tom
  • 400 posts

Also checked for changes to the invisible walls, they haven't been touched in exactly 3 years today.

CasualRace

CasualRace
  • 93 posts

No, I use only Firefox and this is new (ten days now?).  I will run on Expindle and see if get that map.  Perhaps I am the Chosen One. 

CasualRace

CasualRace
  • 93 posts

cleared cache.  cleared history.  still same thing .  Killed all the herc in front of gate guarding first hub including the one inthe tower without leaving the spawn point.  killed the herc just to the right of the exit zone (he shoots down at you usually as you move through the map) from in front of the gate to the first hub.  Killed four herc in the area outside the final gate from the same spot.  Finished with about 4 and a half minutes left

CasualRace

CasualRace
  • 93 posts

I am Neo.  Might as well close this thread

Tom

Tom
  • 400 posts

What browser are you on? Is flash up to date?

CasualRace

CasualRace
  • 93 posts

Firefox.  and possibly this lap top is not up to date but my pc is.  I will update everything on Sunday and let you know when I hit that map again with updates.

I just ran Monument on Expat and almost died because I was distracted when I spawned.  Still shooting guys across the map through walls, screened fences, and containers!  Wheeee!

CasualRace

CasualRace
  • 93 posts

Have not had that map since so not sure if working or not.

CasualRace

CasualRace
  • 93 posts

All seems to be back to normal...which is annoying since it's now harder

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shoot, walls, broken