Con

Con
  • 4,050 posts

OP updated with new gear :D

Reddy5

Reddy5
  • 96 posts

YES, farmhouses! Goodbye supermarkets!

Btw for the backpack gear, since armor gear shows when you equip it, I'm guessing that anyone who equips a backpack we'll see them wear it too? And the holsters?

Con

Con
  • 4,050 posts

Btw for the backpack gear, since armor gear shows when you equip it, I'm guessing that anyone who equips a backpack we'll see them wear it too? And the holsters?

They will both show up as gear on your survivors.

IgorC

IgorC
  • 191 posts

Curious, i felt that a backpack was the only thing missing as a clothing item in the last update, didnt imagine it coming as a gear though. But what if the character is already using a backpack, such as the standard scavenger backpack, will it be replaced? One last question, any chances to see these as merely aesthetical?

Thanks a lot.

Edited by IgorC, 14 April 2016 - 10:52 AM.

Arashu

Arashu
  • 2 posts

Seems great, will there be any new improvised weapons soon?

VASH581

VASH581
  • 66 posts

So, if backpack become a visible equipment, will my scavanger lose his default backpack skin?

beauren

beauren
  • 6 posts

love the new updates!!!! :) keep up the awesome job....love this game :)

Con

Con
  • 4,050 posts

Curious, i felt that a backpack was the only thing missing as a clothing item in the last update, didnt imagine it coming as a gear though. But what if the character is already using a backpack, such as the standard scavenger backpack, will it be replaced? One last question, any chances to see these as merely aesthetical?

Thanks a lot.

We're still deciding on how the backpacks should work with the scavenger ones. Aesthetic backpacks isn't something we've ruled out either. Thought they'd be a nice addition to the gear options as there's not a whole lot of scavenging related gear at current.

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

That pistol part seems, useless, at least to me.

I rarely use pistol anymore. Ammo's pretty easy to come by, pistols generally have weak damage and short range, compare to SMGs with better DPS despite the equally short range.

It would be something if players can bring sidearms, or second weapon to switch to.

Edited by The Architect, 15 April 2016 - 12:12 PM.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 661 posts

We're still deciding on how the backpacks should work with the scavenger ones. Aesthetic backpacks isn't something we've ruled out either. Thought they'd be a nice addition to the gear options as there's not a whole lot of scavenging related gear at current.

On the topic of scavenging gear, while I know this doesn't exactly have to do with the new update, do you have plans on adding more level 27 and up scav gear? Wasn't fun having to use a level 27 scav vest for about 10 levels before i just got sick of it and started using a bando.

Vahx

Vahx
  • 195 posts

Any chance we will get medpacks or alikes as active gear? like grenades

Jaxx

Jaxx
  • 20 posts

Is the new gear gonna have the same qualities as we have now ?

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 661 posts

Is the new gear gonna have the same qualities as we have now ?

why would it not?

Jaxx

Jaxx
  • 20 posts

So when is the update, sunday night ?

Zayzayer2029

Zayzayer2029
  • 25 posts

This is gonna be good. Can't wait.

Troublemaker

Troublemaker
  • 133 posts

Can't understand if new backpacks will be added to wearable gear, or, as with other, they will put us into uneasy choice: harder armor or faster boots, bandolier for faster reloads or enhanced ammo, carry+2 vest or robust mittens etc..?

Will the number of gear slots be increased? Of course, it upto CA to decide, but it looks silly, when I can equip a personage with only one item. May be classic RPG scheme can be adopted? For example different slots for: chest, feet, hands

Vahx

Vahx
  • 195 posts

Can't understand if new backpacks will be added to wearable gear, or, as with other, they will put us into uneasy choice: harder armor or faster boots, bandolier for faster reloads or enhanced ammo, carry+2 vest or robust mittens etc..?

Will the number of gear slots be increased? Of course, it upto CA to decide, but it looks silly, when I can equip a personage with only one item. May be classic RPG scheme can be adopted? For example different slots for: chest, feet, hands

This would be a great idea but would most likely lead to overpowered combinations, reload belts with armors and shoes to increase speed,.. if i could put speed shoes on my scavs with the faster scav vests and masks, i could probably one man all my manual missions without even killing a zombie

Troublemaker

Troublemaker
  • 133 posts

if i could put speed shoes on my scavs with the faster scav vests and masks,

Simple way to avoid a disbalance: maximal gains must be capped on some level. For example, if you carry speed+5 armor, speed+5 lucky weapon and speed+25 shoes (+35 in total) with gain capped to +30, your +35 will drop to +30: you still have these gains, but can't became an invincible superzombohunter.

Or total number of specific gains can be capped; for example, sum of move_speed+scavenge_speed bonuses will be capped at 40, and it's up to you to decide if your scavs will faster runners or faster thieves.

Such choice - where to put bonus points within given limit - can be added to equipping the survivor screen

Well... these new balancing rules may add complications into program code, but it it definitely will add addictivity to the game.

p.s. sorry for possible grammar mistakes: my native language is Russian

Ozwan Roxer

Ozwan Roxer
  • 5 posts

Will the number of gear slots be increased? For example different slots for: chest, feet, hands

How about giving an additional 'ARMOUR only SLOT' instead of more complicating 'each body part gears equiped'? So there would be 3 slot available which consist of Armour only slot, Any gear slot (armour are not available to use on it obviousely) and active gear slot. This attempt will make sure that all gear gonna be useful.
I think it wouldn't make the entire game imbalance considering everyone can acces it anyway.

RainbowDash_Love

RainbowDash_Love
  • 188 posts

From my point of view, scav gear for level 55 scavs is not needed the scav time is already quick as the wind and the scav speed is also capped at i think 2-3 seconds per container ( im not sure ) which you will achieve if you max out your scav

So i think backpacks will be fun to use but i just dont see them replace the +80% bandos for manual missions.

The pistolholsters seem like a good idea but they have to be really outstanding to compare to weapons like the Sac 666 or RPK's Ak105's you name it the only pistol i considered good was the AE50 which is still a great gun but doesnt really pack the punch against high level zeds.

Overall im a big fan of more content but i have my doubts over the usefullness of the items, id rather see some good melee equipment my egineer is sick of wearing his melee vest.

Thou a big like is that the RPK's will become more common so im really happy ^^

P.s. Con can we have more Pink clothing/accesories :3 or checkered skirts

Edited by RainbowDash_Love, 17 April 2016 - 05:25 PM.