Photo

Repeated Crashes After Abandoning Island Raid

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

It seems that every time I abandon the Island, the game throws a bit of a fit and becomes very unstable.

What happens;

I abandon the Island and heal any injuries before starting to send survivors out on missions

Doing this, the game comes up with an error "something went wrong and you need to refresh"

The game reverts back to needing to abandon the Island

The workaround I have found is to abandon the raid and then refresh the page. Once the game starts up again, things work as they should.

The first few times this happened, I thought nothing of it, as time has gone on and it happens every time, it is getting a little frustrating, especially as it is about the only time I get a crash.

Is anyone else having this problem?

The Insane Wood Fairy

The Insane Wood Fairy
  • 124 posts

Had this couple times, thought i was alone with it.

Salif

Salif
  • 108 posts

Also had this every time I abandon a union island raid.. Game always says something like " could not be saved at this time"  and it only does it after abandoning union island then trying to do something else afterwords like an auto or manual mission

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 610 posts

I have had this issue when abandoning island  raids and getting a save fail when I did a mission.

Edited by Ghost Recon, 12 April 2016 - 06:33 PM.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 715 posts

I'm getting save fails often now, and it seems to have been caused by abandoning the island

Buue

Buue
  • 657 posts

Just happened today after I lost my melee and decided to abandon not risking injuries.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 715 posts

Looking into it further, I can conclude that after abandoning the Island, I will get a save fail when I try to do a mission.

passing player

passing player
  • 467 posts

same thing, except when refresh it says that I'm already signed in.

EDIT: it returns me to after the abandon but before attempting to mission.

Edited by passing player, 14 April 2016 - 08:11 PM.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 715 posts

same thing, except when refresh it says that I'm already signed in.

EDIT: it returns me to after the abandon but before attempting to mission.

Yup, same here.

NeuroticGrunt731

NeuroticGrunt731
  • 13 posts

Yes, happens to me too. I have to enter island and let all my guys die to unlock my survivors from the island. If i click abandon icon for island, I get failed to save message and my guys are still stuck on island.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 715 posts

Yes, happens to me too. I have to enter island and let all my guys die to unlock my survivors from the island. If i click abandon icon for island, I get failed to save message and my guys are still stuck on island.

You can fix this by as soon as you abandon, refresh the game. 

tvsnake

tvsnake
  • 124 posts

It's happened for me only once, when I was in exit zone. When I abandoned during the mission everything was ok, but i got the injuries. Are you in the green exit zone at abandon or in the middle of mission?

Ronan

Ronan
  • 210 posts

I remember encountering the same bug once. I think it was Island related, but I can't recall exactly how since it's been quite a long time since I had to abandon an Island raid.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

After not paying attention, I abandoned a raid again today and got the same issue.

Nice to see I am not the only person who gets this problem

Ronan

Ronan
  • 210 posts

After a recent Island raid failure (overconfidence leading to blow 4 men on a mine half, a second before an infected rush), I confirm this problem. I was able to heal everybody, recycle stuff and send 1 guy on auto mission, then bug.

CommSMG

CommSMG
  • 177 posts

Latest thread I can find that had multiple posts in it. Basically I'm having the same experience as everyone. Every single time I abandon an Island raid, I get the Save Failed error every time I try to run a mission. I click refresh in the pop-up, but while the game is loading once again, I get the "You're already online" error, something along those lines. Anything that I do, recycling, collecting resources, healing injuries, equipping books do not get saved the next time I refresh due to the bug.

I always refresh to abandon the raid whenever my medic dies, forfeiting the rest of the raid and going back to doing mission, and every time, this happens. I haven't tried abandoning yet with all 5 survivors still alive. 4 months later, it is still happening.

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

This sounds like it sucks.  Haven't experienced it myself (just abandoned to see if it would happen and it didn't).  Anyone got any good ideas how to make this happen reliably?

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

6 months on and still happening.

I guess thats what I get for my engineer being surrounded less than a minute into an Island run