Photo

New Locations Ideas

Locations Missions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

GoldenApple_NB

GoldenApple_NB
  • 185 posts

So I read that the team is planning on making new locations for level 50 and above players, so here's some ideas:

---- Forest ----

Area level +2

Description:

- Off-road path used by travelers to enjoy nature, then by HERC to bring in troops.

Appearance:

- Some sort of remake of suburb streets, but with more and taller trees

Containers:

- Humvees

- Dead survivors

- Crates

- Wood containers

- Water tanks

- Food boxes

Possible Finds:

- Weapons

- Gears

- Wood

- Junk

---- HERC Checkpoint ----

Area level +3

Description:

- Overrun HERC checkpoint established for containment on the early outbreak stages

Appearance:

- Like parks, mix of HERC defense and nature

Containers:

- Cars

- Humvees

- Dead survivors

- Crates

- Ammo storages

Possible Finds:

- Weapons

- Gears

---- Factory ----

Area level +1

Description:

- Not very well-known factories built away from the city

Appearance:

- Dirty building of large size and maze-like paths

Containers:

- Wood containers

- Metal containers

- Cloth containers

- Dead survivors

- Lockers

- Component boxes

- Food/Water containers

Possible Finds:

- Resources

- Components

- Food

- Water

---- Camping Site ----

Area level

Description:

- Hard-to-reach location favored by hikers for camping and outdoor shooting

Appearance:

- Mostly nature-ish with tents and some presence of people but no presence of military

Containers:

- Wood stack

- Sleeping bags

- Tents

- Dead survivors

- Crates

- Component boxes

- Food boxes

- Water tanks

Possible Finds:

- Weapons

- Components

- Food

- Water

---- Hut ----

Area level

Description:

- Wooden hut. Someone lived here

Appearance:

- small residence with more wooden features

Containers:

- Typical residence containers, but less technology

Possible Finds:

- Weapons

- Medicals

- Food

- Water

Haziq Hamdan

Haziq Hamdan
  • 49 posts

I still hope this goes for Whistler's Forest too (but it may not be done)

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,763 posts

Sweet ideas, I get the impression this is where Con may be steering new area as we obviously get to the edges of Union City and beyond.

I suggested this in another thread, but an airport occupying an entire suburb (they are rather large) would be sweet, and perhaps small concept areas which could be anywhere and also perhaps areas without specific levels -their level would be your own. Things like a fairground (think zombie clowns and stuff), Union City Public Library, the Science Fiction convention, etc. They could, like the Island, feature three or so areas, though would abide by normal travel times, without lockouts, just feel different, perhaps with unique (in the normal sense of the word) items you could scavenge from them. A sewage treatment plant with a few underground levels would be cool. 

Whistler's Grove would of course be truly sweet; perhaps an almost entirely rural based 'suburb,'  

GoldenApple_NB

GoldenApple_NB
  • 185 posts

I think con talked about having an arena on the stadium. I think that would be something fit to the player's level

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,763 posts

Ivan's Warehouse (Premium mission location): 

This would be a two or three stage location like the island, and the mission would be unlock able only with a map found in a HERC box/Premium box. The map would be tradable. It would unlock the location of one of Ivan's secret warehouses (so perhaps the entrance courtyard, the warehouse itself, and the escape route (a sawer, series of tunnels, etc). It would be populated by Ivan's guards. The contents of the warehouse could roll chances for a few unusual items from the game's history; HERC weapons, past masks, etc, perhaps a twist being they ANYTHING found could roll for a chance to be a unique, so a chance of SV-SMG mk II, Plague Doctor's Mask, Mauler's mask, etc. The 'junk' found would include Beacon components, and other pointless stuff from past tasks, just for spice. It would be a one off mission (per map) because obviously once raided Ivan will move location. 

This could even be a use for the Stadium, changing map for backdoor keys, or something. Perhaps it would be leveless, having guards and gear based on the player's level. 

GoldenApple_NB

GoldenApple_NB
  • 185 posts

I'm not sure if Ivan is that rich of a guy who has guards to protect his stuff... He appears to be more like traveler fighting his way through the city and stuff

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Locations, Missions