Photo

Warfare Online - Coming 2016

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,051 posts

We're really excited to announce Warfare Online as the new game from Con Artist Games. It's been in development for nearly 2 years and we're working to release it in 2016. 

Warfare Online is currently going through Greenlight, so your vote there would be hugely appreciated!
Vote on Greenlight here -> http://steamcommunit...s/?id=665638268

For updates and more information:

- Facebook: http://facebook.com/warfareonline

- Twitter: http://twitter.com/warfareonline

- Web: http://warfare-online.com

Dead Zone fans, don't worry. We've got you covered - http://forum.conarti...g-announcement/

Maruse

Maruse
  • 716 posts

It looks surprisingly good. I will look forward to this.

Con

Con
  • 4,051 posts

It looks surprisingly good. I will look forward to this.

Ye of little faith!

Reddy5

Reddy5
  • 96 posts

Looks great! I love what you're doing with your games, from the original the Last Stand to Dead Zone from Warfare 1917 to Warfare :)

I saw in the announcement thread that you can fight against AI (and other people?), will there be a campaign as well?

Con

Con
  • 4,051 posts

Looks great! I love what you're doing with your games, from the original the Last Stand to Dead Zone from Warfare 1917 to Warfare :)

I saw in the announcement thread that you can fight against AI (and other people?), will there be a campaign as well?

No plans for a campaign at this stage, we'll be launching with a single player Skirmish mode though that will let you earn some XP.

Reddy5

Reddy5
  • 96 posts

Ok, I'm not one of those people who are into pvp so the skirmishes sound ok.

xavero

xavero
  • 53 posts

of course... after i made a video about this game with the minimum info that was in the dead zone forum... a big info is shown the next day,a trailer, on steam, screenshot... *sigh i should've wait. but yeah hope this game get greenlit since i'm really excited for this voting it once steam get working

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,150 posts

Overly simplistic description? (based on a couple comments you've made and the video)

Warfare 1917 on a 3D isometric layout, with greater customization and player vs player capability.

Looks interesting.   Presentation looks awesome, should be one of the easiest greenlights ever.

Will dig out my steam account tomorrow to vote.

Con

Con
  • 4,051 posts

Overly simplistic description? (based on a couple comments you've made and the video)

Warfare 1917 on a 3D isometric layout, with greater customization and player vs player capability.

Looks interesting.   Presentation looks awesome, should be one of the easiest greenlights ever.

Will dig out my steam account tomorrow to vote.

Thanks, that's it Zing! Pretty much nailed it. We looking to capture the accessibility of Warfare 1917 and add a whole bunch of depth on top of it with the customization. Easy to learn, hard to master.

xavero

xavero
  • 53 posts

wait, i think it's more like 1944 not 1917 since 1917 only have 1 lane while 1944 have 3, and warfare online have 3 (though i don't think it's the point of the cosversation)

Con

Con
  • 4,051 posts

wait, i think it's more like 1944 not 1917 since 1917 only have 1 lane while 1944 have 3, and warfare online have 3 (though i don't think it's the point of the cosversation)

There's a single lane but units can move across the whole area vertically, you can even direct individual units into cover. :)

xavero

xavero
  • 53 posts

oh, so we can change their lane if the cover is blown? well that nice, so no getting screwed by bomb happy enemy, though if cover are destructable, what happens if we blow them all up? will it just become a flat map for that match, or some are not destuctable?

DJfriede

DJfriede
  • 888 posts

And here I was thinking it would look like the old Warfare games. Funny me. ;)

Will vote for it on Greenlight.

Con

Con
  • 4,051 posts

And here I was thinking it would look like the old Warfare games. Funny me. ;)

Will vote for it on Greenlight.

Never! Always need to be stepping it up. Thanks for the vote!

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 796 posts

Dang Con, with the traditional Warfare series (sorry, I'm not an overly huge fan of all that past warfare stuff) combined with a futuristic theme, as well as it having the best aspects of Dead Zone, I can see it setting itself up for success :)

Con

Con
  • 4,051 posts

oh, so we can change their lane if the cover is blown? well that nice, so no getting screwed by bomb happy enemy, though if cover are destructable, what happens if we blow them all up? will it just become a flat map for that match, or some are not destuctable?

At the moment we have Heavy and Light cover. 

Heavy cover is currently indestructible and gives the best defense for your units. 

Light cover is destructible by explosions and vehicle impacts. If there's empty light cover in your Abrams way...he'll plow straight through it.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 663 posts

ooooh yes 

This looks really, reallly good.

Already voted

Cybertraxx

Cybertraxx
  • 259 posts

Wow, this looks very good, i was thinking the same as DJ, but the graphical difference is Major compared to the other warfare games, will vote as well. :) 

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

I watched the trailer and the gameplay footage, it's looking really good. Voice overs sound epic. One thing i noticed though is that once the soldiers get within shooting range, they stop drop and shoot. What i'd (if i were a soldier) is sprint to the nearest cover before shooting back. Giving me a defensive advantage (or atleast make it a more equal battle if the opponent has cover)

I noticed that the M1 Abrams is in there, will this game have licensed weapon names? Because that'd be really cool.

On the image i see the familiar units. Riflemen, Assault Teams, Sniper Teams and Tanks/APCs, with engineers being the new ones.

What about Grenadiers (Small unit armed with anti-personnel grenade launchers) or is this going to be an option for the Engineers? and will we see the return of Machinegunners?

I'm assuming that since Rifleman do more damage, they'd carry the Full-length assault rifles (M16A4, SCAR-L, M416, etc.) instead of the carbines. All units seem to have the same range as well, i'm assuming this is subject to change still.

Still, it looks very nice. Looking forward to spending many hours in this, once greenlit, will there be an open beta?

P.S. Voted of course :P

Edited by Scrub McLordington LXIX, 15 April 2016 - 01:41 PM.

xavero

xavero
  • 53 posts

At the moment we have Heavy and Light cover. 

Heavy cover is currently indestructible and gives the best defense for your units. 

Light cover is destructible by explosions and vehicle impacts. If there's empty light cover in your Abrams way...he'll plow straight through it.

so there's some good indestructible cover, which mean you don't have to worry explosive happy enemy destroy all your cover that's close to your base, just need to wait for the game to get release since with the rate it's going on i'm sure it'll get greenlit.  and it's not on flash player like dead zone right?l if it is in flash player send my regards to the graphic artist for making that detailed graphic on that engine

just how great the game is from the trailer, i think once this game is released on steam it will go booming and maybe might attract a good amount of streamers to play it and publicize it so more people play, which make the game more known, and maybe they'll try to get to know about Con Artist Games, and then try out tls dz and populate it again... but if not i guess i can watch Jerome IF he decide to stream it like he did with dead zone