Photo

Warfare Online - Coming 2016

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,606 posts

Is that the Unreal engine you're using Con?

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

As con stated earlier, it's in the Unity engine. Just shows what amazing stuff you can do with it :D, kinda wished the dead zone looked this good now.

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,606 posts

As con stated earlier, it's in the Unity engine. Just shows what amazing stuff you can do with it :D, kinda wished the dead zone looked this good now.

Wow , I guess I missed that. Graphics are still phenomenal though.

Spoiler

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,134 posts

Is there anyway to check greenlight status (i.e. the number of votes)?

Sadly it doesn't appear that I can vote to greenlight it, as the only game I have through steam is Portal which came with this machine.

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,606 posts

Is there anyway to check greenlight status (i.e. the number of votes)?

Sadly it doesn't appear that I can vote to greenlight it, as the only game I have through steam is Portal which came with this machine.

I have the same issue too. You need to buy something worth 5 or more dollars or get a steam gift card worth 5 dollars or more. Gifts don't count according to Steam's policy.

That is their way of preventing trolling.

Guess you're going shopping too.

Con

Con
  • 4,023 posts

Oh wow, didn't realise that Greenlight was gated by your level. Good to know!

We're doing really well so far, after the first 17 hrs, we are trending alongside the #5 game in Greenlight's current  top 100. The stats are hidden from everyone except us, I assume to avoid them affecting peoples votes. 

Unity can be made to look amazing, you just need good people driving it. Luckily we have that and we're really happy with how it's turning out. Access to cool shaders and post effects is exciting, that and sweet sweet particles. Stuff we could never do with Flash.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,134 posts

that and sweet sweet particles. Stuff we could never do with Flash.

Flamethrowers? >.>

Con

Con
  • 4,023 posts

Flamethrowers? >.>

Haha, yes!

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,606 posts

Oh wow, didn't realise that Greenlight was gated by your level. Good to know!

It's more of a pay wall, not a level wall here is proof: https://support.stea...=3330-IAGK-7663

"In order to protect our users from spamming, phishing, and other abuse, Steam prevents some accounts from accessing certain community and social features.

Malicious users often operate using dummy accounts that have not purchased any games, items, or wallet credit. In order to make it more difficult for these malicious users to spam, scam, and phish other users, we restrict access to certain community features until an account has spent at least $5.00 USD in Steam."

- Steam Support

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 652 posts

I'm gonna guess there's gonna be new weapon sounds? would be odd hearing the rifle sound from 1944 in this one 

Also, congrats on making it #5 within such a short time!

xavero

xavero
  • 53 posts

Haha, yes!

wait, there's will be flamethrowers?... nice! even though dead zone can't have it atleast warfare can... how about grenade launcher?

We're doing really well so far, after the first 17 hrs, we are trending alongside the #5 game in Greenlight's current  top 100. The stats are hidden from everyone except us, I assume to avoid them affecting peoples votes. 

wait already in top 10? CONgrats (get it?)... though does it only count the vote? or a wall of comments too? because if wall and command too... i think i know why...

Con

Con
  • 4,023 posts

We're trending towards being #5, not there yet. We're still sitting just outside the top 100. 

The whole thing is a big black box. No-one is really sure how it works. Our best guess is that things get voted enough that someone at Steam notices and then they review based on that. From everything I've read, it's not necessarily just a straight popularity contest.

Con

Con
  • 4,023 posts

wait, there's will be flamethrowers?... nice! even though dead zone can't have it atleast warfare can... how about grenade launcher?

There's none in game, but the possibilities are there. We've got heaps of ideas for Units that we can add. The beauty of the game's design is that we can add very technical cards that serve a niche purpose because you can do so much with supports and operations to change your platoons. 

Basically, the metagame of Warfare Online is going to be really interesting. 

xavero

xavero
  • 53 posts

We're trending towards being #5, not there yet. We're still sitting just outside the top 100. 

The whole thing is a big black box. No-one is really sure how it works. Our best guess is that things get voted enough that someone at Steam notices and then they review based on that. From everything I've read, it's not necessarily just a straight popularity contest.

oh, i thought you meant you already are. but seeing how good the quality is i'm sure it'll get notice fast.

There's none in game, but the possibilities are there. We've got heaps of ideas for Units that we can add. The beauty of the game's design is that we can add very technical cards that serve a niche purpose because you can do so much with supports and operations to change your platoons. 

Basically, the metagame of Warfare Online is going to be really interesting. 

oh yeah, high possibillities because the engine can support it right? unlike flash player

Con

Con
  • 4,023 posts

oh yeah, high possibillities because the engine can support it right? unlike flash player

The engine definitely plays a large part, but the game is designed to expand in all directions. I've learned a heck of a lot from designing Dead Zone for the past 5 years. 

xavero

xavero
  • 53 posts

lol yeah, you better be learning something from dead zone, since you've been doing it for the past 5 years... and i hope it'll get greenlighted soon

IgorC

IgorC
  • 191 posts

The engine definitely plays a large part, but the game is designed to expand in all directions. I've learned a heck of a lot from designing Dead Zone for the past 5 years. 

So maybe DZ will benefit from Warfare online, now that youre heading into new prospects am i right?

Con

Con
  • 4,023 posts

So maybe DZ will benefit from Warfare online, now that youre heading into new prospects am i right?

Yeah absolutely, I'm sure there'll be lessons to be learned from Warfare that we can apply to Dead Zone as well. 

Con

Con
  • 4,023 posts

I watched the trailer and the gameplay footage, it's looking really good. Voice overs sound epic. One thing i noticed though is that once the soldiers get within shooting range, they stop drop and shoot. What i'd (if i were a soldier) is sprint to the nearest cover before shooting back. Giving me a defensive advantage (or atleast make it a more equal battle if the opponent has cover)

I noticed that the M1 Abrams is in there, will this game have licensed weapon names? Because that'd be really cool.

On the image i see the familiar units. Riflemen, Assault Teams, Sniper Teams and Tanks/APCs, with engineers being the new ones.

What about Grenadiers (Small unit armed with anti-personnel grenade launchers) or is this going to be an option for the Engineers? and will we see the return of Machinegunners?

I'm assuming that since Rifleman do more damage, they'd carry the Full-length assault rifles (M16A4, SCAR-L, M416, etc.) instead of the carbines. All units seem to have the same range as well, i'm assuming this is subject to change still.

Still, it looks very nice. Looking forward to spending many hours in this, once greenlit, will there be an open beta?

P.S. Voted of course :P

So many questions :D

- Vehicles and weapons will be mostly named after their real world military assignments

- We've got 8 unit types for each of our two launch nations (US, RU)

- Grenadiers and other unit types are on our dev list, lots of expansion to do in those areas

- Ranges are all pretty much the same at the moment, still experimenting with that. Weapon and gear choices will affect that.

- Thanks for saying it looks nice, we like it too :)

Guest_Bane?_*

Guest_Bane?_*

So many questions :D

- Vehicles and weapons will be mostly named after their real world military assignments

- We've got 8 unit types for each of our two launch nations (US, RU)

- Grenadiers and other unit types are on our dev list, lots of expansion to do in those areas

- Ranges are all pretty much the same at the moment, still experimenting with that. Weapon and gear choices will affect that.

- Thanks for saying it looks nice, we like it too :)

How many nations do you plan to have? I could certainly see China as a viable faction.