CreedSquad

CreedSquad
  • 10 posts
Deadzone 2? Possible con??

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 652 posts

Deadzone 2? Possible con??

A deadzone running on the same engine on steam, with a more realistic loot system, etc would be amazing!

EDIT: Is there going to be mac support?

Edited by tehswordninja, 16 April 2016 - 04:02 PM.

Con

Con
  • 4,023 posts

Is there going to be mac support?

It's something we're looking at, the engine lets us do it fairly easily, we just didn't want to promise right away. The Early Access period will most likely just be PC so we can really hammer out any kinks easily without having to worry about multiple builds. 

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 652 posts

It's something we're looking at, the engine lets us do it fairly easily, we just didn't want to promise right away. The Early Access period will most likely just be PC so we can really hammer out any kinks easily without having to worry about multiple builds. 

Understandable, thanks for answering

Prpich25

Prpich25
  • 239 posts

For all of those who have not used steam for gaming. It can take about 2 weeks for a fully active account, even with the $5 purchase. Welcome to the machine, now praise lord Gaben.

Edited by Con, 17 April 2016 - 09:47 PM.
Video removed for objectionable words up front. Prpich, you know better than this, bud.

Con

Con
  • 4,023 posts

Prprich25 - to answer your questions about monetization stuff from the Greenlight page. 

- You'll be able to earn pretty much everything in the game

- We're setting this game up with two currencies, Credits and Gold

- You can earn both through playing. Gold can also be purchased for cash

- You'll use gold to buy things like Camo's for your units

- You'll use Credits for unlocks and some Camo's

- You will be able to use Credits or Gold to buy Supply Boxes (which have supports, operations assets and units)

The key thing with all of this is that I'm designing all of these unlocks and supports etc to be balanced. Pretty much every unlock that you get for a unit will have a downside. Want a big powerful anti-vehicle rifle for your sniper? Yep, now they take 5 seconds longer to deploy. That sort of thing. 

My goal is to have a competitive game where there are a bunch of options available and an exciting meta that is constantly changing as people discover new strategies.

Prpich25

Prpich25
  • 239 posts

Sorry about that video, didn't screen it before i just copy pasta it to the forum here. Supposed to be reference to Gaben as some sort of god. Just thought it would be funny. I'll screen them better next time.

Prprich25 - to answer your questions about monetization stuff from the Greenlight page. 

- You'll be able to earn pretty much everything in the game

- We're setting this game up with two currencies, Credits and Gold

- You can earn both through playing. Gold can also be purchased for cash

- You'll use gold to buy things like Camo's for your units

- You'll use Credits for unlocks and some Camo's

- You will be able to use Credits or Gold to buy Supply Boxes (which have supports, operations assets and units)

The key thing with all of this is that I'm designing all of these unlocks and supports etc to be balanced. Pretty much every unlock that you get for a unit will have a downside. Want a big powerful anti-vehicle rifle for your sniper? Yep, now they take 5 seconds longer to deploy. That sort of thing. 

My goal is to have a competitive game where there are a bunch of options available and an exciting meta that is constantly changing as people discover new strategies.

Just as i thought. lol like how different i am from here to there for my avatar?

I would suggest to post that on the Green light page. Steam is a very....BI polar for the community. On one hand you will receive all the love in the world...But if someone feels they have been done dirty, it gets bad. Reviews on the Steam store front, once you reach that level, can be uplifting as much as damning. So can the curator's. Just be everything up front, its something that a lot of the reviewers really do look at.

Ive got about 1k people exposed to the game now. Through the different groups on steam i am apart of and through some servers i own/admin. Green light with F2P games, very iffy sometimes. Got to get the vote numbers up, and your right its not about popularity in full when compared to other games that have been green lite with relatively small number of votes.

I'll try and get ahold of a few curator's i know, and see if they cant do anything on their end to bump up exposure.

-edit- And honestly i didnt see that at the start of the video. And i cant find one without it...Oh this sucks.

Edited by Prpich25, 17 April 2016 - 10:24 PM.

Con

Con
  • 4,023 posts

Sorry about that video, didn't screen it before i just copy pasta it to the forum here. Supposed to be reference to Gaben as some sort of god. Just thought it would be funny. I'll screen them better next time.

Just as i thought. lol like how different i am from here to there for my avatar?

I would suggest to post that on the Green light page. Steam is a very....BI polar for the community. On one hand you will receive all the love in the world...But if someone feels they have been done dirty, it gets bad. Reviews on the Steam store front, once you reach that level, can be uplifting as much as damning. So can the curator's. Just be everything up front, its something that a lot of the reviewers really do look at.

Ive got about 1k people exposed to the game now. Through the different groups on steam i am apart of and through some servers i own/admin. Green light with F2P games, very iffy sometimes. Got to get the vote numbers up, and your right its not about popularity in full when compared to other games that have been green lite with relatively small number of votes.

I'll try and get ahold of a few curator's i know, and see if they cant do anything on their end to bump up exposure.

-edit- And honestly i didnt see that at the start of the video. And i cant find one without it...Oh this sucks.

Oh cool, thanks! Appreciate you spreading the word. We're doing really well, trending towards top 5 at the moment. Hoping that we'll be in the next batch of Greenlights, nothing new has been greenlit since we started. I'm guessing that Valve employees are humans and don't work weekends :P

I've been umming and ahhing about posting that sort of monetization detail on Greenlight. I totally get that people are wary of F2P stuff, just worried that saying too much at this early stage might scare people off. 

Prpich25

Prpich25
  • 239 posts

Oh cool, thanks! Appreciate you spreading the word. We're doing really well, trending towards top 5 at the moment. Hoping that we'll be in the next batch of Greenlights, nothing new has been greenlit since we started. I'm guessing that Valve employees are humans and don't work weekends :P

I've been umming and ahhing about posting that sort of monetization detail on Greenlight. I totally get that people are wary of F2P stuff, just worried that saying too much at this early stage might scare people off. 

Yeah i know what you mean. Check those forums, and comments. If you start see'ing a lot of people asking about it, put it up there. Honestly your P2W system is beyond fair. It always been of my opinion that the P2W system you setup is beyond anything i've seen. Only STO compares in my book. Players are not going to shy away from the type of system you have set in place. My opinion on it... Take it for what its worth.

Just keep doing what you do in terms of ethics. If this was anyone else i wouldent be putting in the time for this. I'm done with these "Indie" teams on Green light that are just unethical to the core. Its about time green light get some better quality dev teams that pass through and make it to EA.

Con

Con
  • 4,023 posts

Yeah i know what you mean. Check those forums, and comments. If you start see'ing a lot of people asking about it, put it up there. Honestly your P2W system is beyond fair. It always been of my opinion that the P2W system you setup is beyond anything i've seen. Only STO compares in my book. Players are not going to shy away from the type of system you have set in place. My opinion on it... Take it for what its worth.

Just keep doing what you do in terms of ethics. If this was anyone else i wouldent be putting in the time for this. I'm done with these "Indie" teams on Green light that are just unethical to the core. Its about time green light get some better quality dev teams that pass through and make it to EA.

I'm going to assume you mean F2P and not pay to win :)

Thanks man, really appreciate the kind words. What's STO?

Edit: Just checked, Star Trek Online. Good to hear that's still running!

Maruse

Maruse
  • 715 posts

Will we be able to have our units move backwards or at least stand still? 

Con

Con
  • 4,023 posts

Will we be able to have our units move backwards or at least stand still? 

At the moment, no retreat. We do have Support Assets that will allow you to stop units though (for a short amount of time). 

The problem with it being a base level function is that it breaks the games flow and balance too much. The tactic becomes: Build giant death ball of units > move death ball forward. With the cover, it spreads units out and forces more tactical timing. 

Maruse

Maruse
  • 715 posts

At the moment, no retreat. We do have Support Assets that will allow you to stop units though (for a short amount of time). 

The problem with it being a base level function is that it breaks the games flow and balance too much. The tactic becomes: Build giant death ball of units > move death ball forward. With the cover, it spreads units out and forces more tactical timing. 

Well that kinda do makes sense, but just saying having soldiers walk to a certain death because you can't recall them is quite a waste. 

FLoor

FLoor
  • 142 posts
Do I get one of those I voted stickers for voting on steam?
Game looks awesome, can't wait to play it :D
-Nich

A Real Renegade

A Real Renegade
  • 486 posts

Do I get one of those I voted stickers for voting on steam?
Game looks awesome, can't wait to play it :D
-Nich

Here I'll fix that for you:

-Noch*

Prpich25

Prpich25
  • 239 posts

I'm going to assume you mean F2P and not pay to win :)

Thanks man, really appreciate the kind words. What's STO?

Edit: Just checked, Star Trek Online. Good to hear that's still running!

I mean P2W, poor choice of words on my part maybe. Micro-transactions might be better. STO would be Star Trek Online.

Oicraftian

Oicraftian
  • 5 posts

One suggestion; perhaps, instead of tanks, APC's would be more... Plausible...

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

One suggestion; perhaps, instead of tanks, APC's would be more... Plausible...

Have you watched the trailer? There's both tanks and APCs that you can choose from.

Mr_Cerberus

Mr_Cerberus
  • 17 posts

Loved this game at Pax East, Voted and eagerly awaiting its release. 

Mr_Cerberus

Mr_Cerberus
  • 17 posts

I'm Itching to play this.  I managed 2 runs in under 5 minutes, and all i can think about was i was 9 seconds short of the quickest Pax time! Please let me know when this is available to play, I'd even pay for early access in a second.