Photo

Kongregate Script Issue

kongregate kong script freeze

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

kevin1802

kevin1802
  • 12 posts

On the kongregate site,I have recently started having an issue- while playing (both in small screen and in full screen modes) the game will suddenly lag, then freeze and this message pops up:

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

Script: https://d2x9rkwaymux...t.net/main.js:1

I think its related to the video ads that are now included in the lower part of the game page, as I also periodically would get the audio from these ads for a few moments before the script crash.  This has gone from once every few sessions to multiple times every time I log in and has virtually rendered the game unplayable.  (I also have an account on the facebook server, same computer and I have never had a problem there).

User Id: kong6360528

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

This has been a problem with me and Kong for the longest time.

You're 100% right in that it's tied to the video ads.  I have lag issues with the video ads playing other games on Kong.  Not much Con & Co,. can do about it.

I've tried complaining to Kong since it's their problem, but they don't seem to care.

The only workaround I've found is to refresh the browser until i get a non-video ad in that slot.   As long as it's not a video ad the game (and site) works fine.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,763 posts

And websites wonder why we turn to adblock. For advertisements to be causing gameplay issues on a games site is beyond stupidity, it's ridiculous. If their ads are provided by an ad farm it simply shows how much respect for you they have, IE none. And if they don't use a third party to provide their advertisements they are morons.

So adblock away. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kongregate, kong, script, freeze