Trading System Change Con!

Trade Change System Market

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

Neo2834

Neo2834
  • 17 posts

Dear Con,

First of all, as i see everyone is tired from this trade system or sick of it and they stopped to do it. So, It must be get changed as soon as possible i think because of the increasing players morale. You can add new stuff to game to do it but if we cant trade them after a week it will be so boring again. Almost %50 of this game trade.

Secondly, I might have an idea which is may be written before me in the forum. So its like this; Trade system should be separated from chat and it should be like a market system so it will make the chat more clear from item shows.This market system will work for everyone and because of the data overload to servers it can be limited time and limited slots for adding items on market for each player. For example 10 item for 24 hours. After that, offering system will be so easy.You will search for item categories like guns gears medicals etc and it can be sub categories like guns, long rifles. So people will make offer for an item. it can be anything again like now but only the offered people will saw the offer and if he or she will accept it trade will be done and fuel will be cut down.For offering system, traders can be add a limit for lowest price for example ; 1 level 3 herc supply box keys or they can add a note to trading item which shows the what trader wants for it at least.

Finally thanks for your patient  to read this. If i have any idea again related with this , i will write again in this topic. Other people also can write ideas about it. Most important thing is the timing. This trade system must be changed as soon as possible. Waiting for your response con asap.

Best Regards,

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,763 posts

Been covered countless times before. 

You are in a zombie infested post apocalyptic dead zone with a radio transmitter to do your trading. There's not much complexity to it. 

Oxynotus

Oxynotus
  • 6 posts

still an auction house based on key currency would be a good idea. I support the idea.

Neo2834

Neo2834
  • 17 posts

Been covered countless times before. 

You are in a zombie infested post apocalyptic dead zone with a radio transmitter to do your trading. There's not much complexity to it. 

its not about complexity, its because of customer need. i dont know how many players here active but i saw 200 people in whole chat most.

Gronf

Gronf
  • 32 posts

Sounds like lots of works for devs so i guess they wont do it for the pleasure of some trader that is sad trade is dead...i can just see an awful spam of trash that no one buys (as it's happening right now and by a while) until people get bored of doing that too and we are back to beginning again. This would just help people who know how to trade at being mean to people who are slightly noobier at it (aka scamming party).

imho, of course

Neo2834

Neo2834
  • 17 posts

still an auction house based on key currency would be a good idea. I support the idea.

Dont need a currency actually. You can offer an item for it or keys and if you will add something to market you can set like a lowest price or add a note that what u want as lowest price for it. it depends on traders who gonna accept it. there will be maybe more then 100 offers for an item so it depends on trader.

Neo2834

Neo2834
  • 17 posts

Sounds like lots of works for devs so i guess they wont do it for the pleasure of some trader that is sad trade is dead...i can just see an awful spam of trash that no one buys (as it's happening right now and by a while) until people get bored of doing that too and we are back to beginning again. This would just help people who know how to trade at being mean to people who are slightly noobier at it (aka scamming party).

imho, of course

You are totally right. There is too much scamming in trade and also too much spamming with items. Its like selling something in bazaar in china. People have to share one item for 50 times for selling it and it makes the chat so bad.

Andre F S R

Andre F S R
  • 282 posts

Too much work for no payoff basicly.

The trade system is good the way it is, and if we had a ´´market´´ like that most people would just place ridiculous items for even more ridiculous prices that no one could afford, or just place trolling stuff there like ´´Teddy Bear x4 - LF 11 prem keys´´.

Gronf

Gronf
  • 32 posts

scamming is a big problem, a bigger and more effective market system would mean only a bigger and more effective scamming system, that's what i meant

Edited by Gronf, 26 April 2016 - 10:51 PM.

Neo2834

Neo2834
  • 17 posts

Too much work for no payoff basicly.

The trade system is good the way it is, and if we had a ´´market´´ like that most people would just place ridiculous items for even more ridiculous prices that no one could afford, or just place trolling stuff there like ´´Teddy Bear x4 - LF 11 prem keys´´.

As i said. they can do that there will be a time limit and slot limit to add items on market. so after a day they will be removed from market. And for price. there may not be a pricing actually . you can offer an item for an item. or keys for an item it will be depend on the trader who gonna get accept the offer.

Neo2834

Neo2834
  • 17 posts

scamming is a big problem, a bigger and more effective market system would mean only a bigger and more effective scamming system, that's what i meant

i understand what u mean. scamming will be in everywhere in this game. so if people go in chat to ask it. it will be ok. or i dont know maybe an avarage price may be added for an item depends on the average of sold same items. for example in this week 10 m107 sold and they got like 50 keys for it. so there can be a recommended price like between 5 - 7 keys. but trading will be still depends on the accepting people.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts

Learn to barter. 

The trading system here is one fairest and most open system in any game.

Of course it requires that you have some actual real life skill in negotiation, and that you not just rely on forced game mechanics as a crutch, but it is one of the best systems out there, bar none. 

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

Some Developer replies from players asking for an "auction system" (Search for "auction" if you need to see more)

The sort of thing you're asking for would be great, but it isn't something we want to develop. The potential cost of completely overhauling the entire economy of the game is too high and far too risky. 

http://forum.conarti...ading/?p=124631

Not sure about the "whole picture", but I do see enough of it to tell you that it isn't going to happen.

How long do we store data? How long do we store it for?

Do we piggy back the existing inventory system, or write something new?  If we leverage the existing, we have to lock items out of the loadout system. If we build a new one, then we have to manage that as well.

How many items do we cap it at?  Can't be limitless or it will break the database.

How do we define prices of things? - if we use items, what quality of items? How do we define that and show it in a meaningful and easy to understand matter? We can't use fuel because then people will farm fuel into main accounts and everyone else will get angry.

You need a messaging system to let people know that items have been taken as well - but what about people that haven't been online for a long time - do these messages just build up? Do we cap them?

Then you get into the really hard stuff - data synchronisation / asynchronous operations / race conditions.

You log in, start looking through my items which causes you to load up all my items - mean while I log in on a different server and start changing my data.   Then someone else has a look at the same time.  Now we have the issue that any of us could have changed something and we all have out of sync data..  items getting duplicated - other items getting lost.  But we don't know what because we aren't actually talking to each other.

The only way around that would be to spin up a new room for every person every time they log in or someone wants to look at their data - which is a lot more load on the servers for something that 'might' me looked at.

I'm sorry to shoot down your idea, but as other have pointed out it has been shot down in one form or another many times before.  There is a reason it is the way it is and it is to get around a lot of these issues.

http://forum.conarti...ction/?p=109379

Sorry but no.

http://forum.conarti...evamp/?p=124331

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but this is never going to happen.

First of all, the "tax" is there for a reason.  It is to stop (or at least slow down) people using alt accounts for farming, etc.  If you could move resources for free then we would have a lot more people setting up second and third accounts to feed into their main account.  By having a tax and limited slots they have to put effort into the other account.

Secondly, whilst I like the idea of being able to post items, also posting what you want would just be a logistical nightmare. Eg:  You want to trade X for Y... what version of Y? What level? Is it a minimal level, or a specific one.  Is it a unique? How do you know it is one you want, as they are all different, etc.  The thought of catering for all these possibilities is enough to make me want to run and hide.

Then you have the problem of approval.  

Auto approving a trade for you is fraught with danger for a bunch of reasons.  I would hate to see the back lash if it wasn't 100% accurate all the time.

Getting you to approve trades.. maybe that would work, but I imagine there would be a lot of spamming, etc.  Do you put it up, then wait for someone to accept, then you approve? That sounds like it may work, but what 'state' are the items in? can you use them? are they locked.

Eg:  you put up 500 water, but you haven't been online for a while and now you don't have that. What if the other person no longer has those items in the time it takes you to approve it? Do you stop the whole trading process? do you take out the items out of your inventory straight away? if so then that becomes exploitable unless you limit the number of trades you can put up.

These ideas are just off the top of my head.  I'm sure I could think of more if I really thought about it.

P.S. Admittedly I didn't read the whole thread so sorry if I covered something someone else already said.

http://forum.conarti...estion/?p=86631

Maruse

Maruse
  • 814 posts

Thank you for starting my day with a good laugh.

Edited by Maruse, 27 April 2016 - 05:28 AM.

Neo2834

Neo2834
  • 17 posts

Some Developer replies from players asking for an "auction system" (Search for "auction" if you need to see more)

The sort of thing you're asking for would be great, but it isn't something we want to develop. The potential cost of completely overhauling the entire economy of the game is too high and far too risky. 

http://forum.conarti...ading/?p=124631

Not sure about the "whole picture", but I do see enough of it to tell you that it isn't going to happen.

How long do we store data? How long do we store it for?

Do we piggy back the existing inventory system, or write something new?  If we leverage the existing, we have to lock items out of the loadout system. If we build a new one, then we have to manage that as well.

How many items do we cap it at?  Can't be limitless or it will break the database.

How do we define prices of things? - if we use items, what quality of items? How do we define that and show it in a meaningful and easy to understand matter? We can't use fuel because then people will farm fuel into main accounts and everyone else will get angry.

You need a messaging system to let people know that items have been taken as well - but what about people that haven't been online for a long time - do these messages just build up? Do we cap them?

Then you get into the really hard stuff - data synchronisation / asynchronous operations / race conditions.

You log in, start looking through my items which causes you to load up all my items - mean while I log in on a different server and start changing my data.   Then someone else has a look at the same time.  Now we have the issue that any of us could have changed something and we all have out of sync data..  items getting duplicated - other items getting lost.  But we don't know what because we aren't actually talking to each other.

The only way around that would be to spin up a new room for every person every time they log in or someone wants to look at their data - which is a lot more load on the servers for something that 'might' me looked at.

I'm sorry to shoot down your idea, but as other have pointed out it has been shot down in one form or another many times before.  There is a reason it is the way it is and it is to get around a lot of these issues.

http://forum.conarti...ction/?p=109379

Sorry but no.

http://forum.conarti...evamp/?p=124331

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but this is never going to happen.

First of all, the "tax" is there for a reason.  It is to stop (or at least slow down) people using alt accounts for farming, etc.  If you could move resources for free then we would have a lot more people setting up second and third accounts to feed into their main account.  By having a tax and limited slots they have to put effort into the other account.

Secondly, whilst I like the idea of being able to post items, also posting what you want would just be a logistical nightmare. Eg:  You want to trade X for Y... what version of Y? What level? Is it a minimal level, or a specific one.  Is it a unique? How do you know it is one you want, as they are all different, etc.  The thought of catering for all these possibilities is enough to make me want to run and hide.

Then you have the problem of approval.  

Auto approving a trade for you is fraught with danger for a bunch of reasons.  I would hate to see the back lash if it wasn't 100% accurate all the time.

Getting you to approve trades.. maybe that would work, but I imagine there would be a lot of spamming, etc.  Do you put it up, then wait for someone to accept, then you approve? That sounds like it may work, but what 'state' are the items in? can you use them? are they locked.

Eg:  you put up 500 water, but you haven't been online for a while and now you don't have that. What if the other person no longer has those items in the time it takes you to approve it? Do you stop the whole trading process? do you take out the items out of your inventory straight away? if so then that becomes exploitable unless you limit the number of trades you can put up.

These ideas are just off the top of my head.  I'm sure I could think of more if I really thought about it.

P.S. Admittedly I didn't read the whole thread so sorry if I covered something someone else already said.

http://forum.conarti...estion/?p=86631

i didnt understand why u gathered all those messages ? is it an answer or what ? whats ur purpose?

passing player

passing player
  • 467 posts

It is an answer Con made regarding such ideas.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

i didnt understand why u gathered all those messages ? is it an answer or what ? whats ur purpose?

It is what several of the developers have said about changing the trade system.

If you had looked at the links I provided, you could have easily worked that out.

Ronan

Ronan
  • 210 posts

The current system is quite good. You can complain about a fuel cost, but this somehow prevents some exploits. If I want an open trade offer, it is possible. If I am only looking for keys or research stuff, I can write it down. I can negociate some trade rates.

With a "market" type trade system, you suppress the negociation. If I want a gun for a gear, I have to wait until someone take my gear and hope to get a gun after that (a market needs a currency, you can argue what you want, but on the long run it will fall to this, we have 3000 years of history to support this fact).

Let's just look at successful trade systems in online games, what we have now has already been used with a great efficiency (just take Diablo 2 as a reference). Of course there is scam and getting a trade is hard sometimes, but I wouldn't prefer 10 people complaining like "I don't understand why nobody trade my uni LR" (yes dude, but this is a rangeless one and we had no possibility to point out that you asked too much for it).

Edited by Ronan, 27 April 2016 - 10:02 PM.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 817 posts

The "market" type system (similar to the one in Dead Frontier) has been shot down multitudes of times and will never happen.

There are simply too many variations of items and no standardized currency to trade all of those items for (unlike Dead Frontier's system, which works quite well, but alas, we are not Dead Frontier).

LLiquid was quoting the Dev responses to the various threads about making a market system and why they will never happen.

So this thread is the same, your idea will not be implemented.

GoldenApple_NB

GoldenApple_NB
  • 185 posts

I really liked the Dead Frontier trade system

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Trade, Change, System, Market