Photo

Rare/uni Items And The Recycler

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,177 posts

Since I've gotten the DMU I've gotten into the habit of running the Recycler for 10+ mins while i run missions or set off autos, logic being that the recycler takes the same amount of time so I can speed it up at the same point, and stay (somewhat) ahead/trim with the stuff I'm generating.

Problem is, sometimes the time on the item selection screen doesn't match the time that it actually takes.   After doing some digging I think I've tracked it down to rare/uni items.   Whenever i toss those in the recycler the time in the selection screen and the time it actually takes, doesn't match.  Setting the recycler for 10 mins, then having it take 13-15 min in actual time can get pretty annoying quickly.

Recycling a rare RPK according to the selection screen is supposed to take 31 secs and give me: trigger x1, spring x1, barrel x1, pinx1 and infamous components x2.

However it actually takes 2 minutes and 25 secs and gives me the components listed above plus machined parts x22.

So what appears to be happening is for rares and uniques is it's not counting the "good" components in the selection screen.

Edited by Zingman, 30 April 2016 - 07:13 AM.

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

Why don't you just recycle unwanted uni/rare manually? Put everything else in the recycler first and then do those manually :)

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,177 posts

It's a bug/gltich hershel, and this is a subforum for reporting bugs/glitches.   I'm quite capable of figuring out a workaround (and already have) -- that's not the point.

Bugs/glitches do not get fixed unless they're reported -- and that's totally the point.

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

My bad, sorry about that :)

arose

arose
  • 90 posts

I took screenshots to visualize what Zing said.
 All the items that I put into the recycler were uniques or rares (above level 10, to get infamous components).

The first screenshot shows the components and recycling time in the recycler menu.

SxIwjSt.png

The second screenshot shows the components and recycling time after starting the recycling process.

PdI9wJ8.png

All the "green" components are neither shown in the recycler menu nor included in the recycling time. (This is also true for stocks, which seem to be the only "grey" component affected)

CasualRace

CasualRace
  • 80 posts

I am now getting this for greys and blacks.  The selection page says, for example, 2minutes 30 seconds and when I recycle it takes 8 minutes!  I have refreshed, cleared cache, etc.  If I were the paranoid type I might assume this was punishment for having repeatedly mentioned the Rare Recycler Bug in other topics.

This is happening with high level gear and guns. It occurs only when I load more than one item.

User Id: kong13617374

Edited by CasualRace, 30 November 2017 - 02:06 PM.