Bro...

Here's how it works:

- They won't be for sale

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

"They look awesome, that's all they do differently"

Judging by that and what it says in the .png

It seems if the weapons are merely cosmetic.

If only your eyes had gone a little higher you would have seen;

- They'll drop from those hauls as Uniques or Rares

So they will be Rare/Unique items in a pretty colour.

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

Bro...

Here's how it works:

- They won't be for sale

When hearing sale, i'd think of the store more then trading. I don't think they'll be in the store, but i'm pretty sure they'll be tradeable.

Andre F S R

Andre F S R
  • 282 posts

Con, just a question, that is the only vest we can find gold plated or there will be the other variants too ?

Also Love this update idea :D 

mtimmins92

mtimmins92
  • 78 posts

so basically the only new item is the colour LoL

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 678 posts

Also will these have real rare/uni stats? I would hate to see a gold plated gun that only has a 2.5% damage bonus and 3% hit chance.

Pro_Tyle

Pro_Tyle
  • 132 posts

It says they will have no extra stats, they will just take the place of the guaranteed rare/unique in your haul boxes

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 678 posts

It says they will have no extra stats, they will just take the place of the guaranteed rare/unique in your haul boxes

I mean like having normal uni/rare stats like stuff you find in the deadzone. I really hope they don't have the stats of the uni/rare haul weapons 

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,177 posts

I mean like having normal uni/rare stats like stuff you find in the deadzone. I really hope they don't have the stats of the uni/rare haul weapons 

Um why?

Having better stats than current rare/unique items would make them overpowered.

Having worse stats than current rare/unique items would make them useless.

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon
  • 532 posts

More golden weapons yay :)

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 808 posts

Looks great (an actual incentive for me to start raiding, even though I'm on hiatus from this game).

But the big question: are they tradable?

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 678 posts

Um why?

Having better stats than current rare/unique items would make them overpowered.

Having worse stats than current rare/unique items would make them useless.

You didn't read what I said, did you?

You know how the island haul rare/unique weapons have much, much worse stats, right? So I'm asking if they will also have the horrible stats of the Island drops.

Where did I say to give them better stats?

RainbowDashBeat

RainbowDashBeat
  • 14 posts

I hope this is permanent

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,177 posts

You didn't read what I said, did you?

You know how the island haul rare/unique weapons have much, much worse stats, right? So I'm asking if they will also have the horrible stats of the Island drops.

Where did I say to give them better stats?

You can get very nice unique weapons from the unique haul.  I've gotten '3/3" RPKs and VSs from the unique haul -- but they're rare.

Think about it.   Experienced/very good raiders will beat the island daily with a perfect score.  If the island was spitting out high quality unique items from the unique haul every day the market would be stupidly over-saturated.   The only weapons in the level 50-55 range that would have any value at all would be "3/3" with max stats.

So rather than flood the market it spits out a lot of "bad" unique items, that aren't worth anything more than components.

Based on personal experience I'd guesstimate that one out of every fourteen (i.e. one every two weeks) is worth keeping from the unique haul.   For a good raider, that's still about 26 unique items of high value per year.

Which is still a whole lot.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 678 posts

You can get very nice unique weapons from the unique haul.  I've gotten '3/3" RPKs and VSs from the unique haul -- but they're rare.

Think about it.   Experienced/very good raiders will beat the island daily with a perfect score.  If the island was spitting out high quality unique items from the unique haul every day the market would be stupidly over-saturated.   The only weapons in the level 50-55 range that would have any value at all would be "3/3" with max stats.

So rather than flood the market it spits out a lot of "bad" unique items, that aren't worth anything more than components.

Based on personal experience I'd guesstimate that one out of every fourteen (i.e. one every two weeks) is worth keeping from the unique haul.   For a good raider, that's still about 26 unique items of high value per year.

Which is still a whole lot.

My point still stands about golden guns not having the bad stats, but I understand. I've never managed to get a uni/rare out of the haul that's even remotely useful, so I wasn't aware you could even get good unis/rares. Sorry about that.

Perhaps the gun would only get gold if it had the 3/3 stats?

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,177 posts

My point still stands about golden guns not having the bad stats, but I understand. I've never managed to get a uni/rare out of the haul that's even remotely useful, so I wasn't aware you could even get good unis/rares. Sorry about that.

Perhaps the gun would only get gold if it had the 3/3 stats?

You're basically asking for a seventh step in the unique process (though i suspect for the rare/unique hauls this process is somewhat streamlined -- which allows for the golden variants in the first place).

Which in theory sounds reasonable, however the problem with that is that a lot of what the playerbase considers "good" is fairly subjective.  Guns that may be "godmode" in raiding can be "fail" vs. zeds (and vice versa).   If you could choose between a rangeless RPK with 600+ dps or one with a max range bonus and no/small damage and/or APS bonuses which one would you prefer turn "golden"?  I doubt everyone would have the same answer.  If a range bonus is a "must", at what point would you be ok with it turning "golden"?  Must be max? 42.5%? 37.5%? less?  Again nobody will have the same answer.

It's an degree of complexity that turns a "little" update into a "big" one, as changing how the loot roll works takes considerably more effort than inserting "golden" variants into the loot table.  (What I think happens with the unique haul is that it first rolls for a unique <insert item name here>, then it rolls for attributes.)

Con

Con
  • 4,151 posts

Just to follow up and answer a few questions.

- They will be in Raid Hauls and they will generate in exactly the same way as their non-gold versions

- They will be tradable

- By saying they won't be for sale, I meant they won't be in the Store

- You have just as much chance of getting a gold weapon as you do a normal one from a raid haul

longorjames

longorjames
  • 210 posts

Did you fix the horrible minimum stats for Unis/Rares generated in the raid hauls? Seriously... some of the unis/rares I get are strictly way worse than greens and blues....

CommSMG

CommSMG
  • 177 posts

Also... Golden recon armor + golden m107 + golden god... does that mean you're going to release a GOLDEN COMBAT HELMET! woot :P

Golden combat helmets, and maybe even golden assault/raid masks would be a great addition for those who strive for the "full gold theme" when this update goes up, +1

Also, what happens if you don't like the gold on an item for some reason? Do you have to stick with it forever, or will there be some kind of option to disable it?

dillpickle

dillpickle
  • 16 posts

- They'll drop from those hauls as Uniques or Rares

- They look awesome, that's all they do differently

- You have just as much chance of getting a gold weapon as you do a normal one from a raid haul

Black and gray item stats?

Fantastic! That puts a major dent on my hoard-crates-until-items-improve strategy.

I think I'll be opening all them boxes before the next scheduled maintenance...