Photo

Gunner Gregor's Golden Guns [ Preview ]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic

FLoor

FLoor
  • 143 posts

Golden combat helmets, and maybe even golden assault/raid masks would be a great addition for those who strive for the "full goldarrow-10x10.png theme" when this update goes up, +1

Also, what happens if you don't like the gold on an item for some reason? Do you have to stick with it forever, or will there be some kind of option to disablearrow-10x10.png it?

As far as your question goes, it's pretty much just a cosmetic choice. you can probably trade it away for a similar stat variant without the gold if you really want to. Since they will only be available through uni/rare hauls, you'll probably get a little profit out of doing that ;)

Edited by FLoor, 12 May 2016 - 04:58 AM.

FLoor

FLoor
  • 143 posts

Con, I just have one question. Since these guns are only available through hauls, and you now only get island weps/gear from hauls, does this update mean we will get gold unis from the mainland in hauls as well? Seeing that there was a gold m60 and m107 on the preview image.

Edited by FLoor, 12 May 2016 - 04:06 AM.

FLoor

FLoor
  • 143 posts

Black and gray item stats?

Fantastic! That puts a major dent on my hoard-crates-until-items-improve strategy.

I think I'll be opening all them boxes before the next scheduled maintenance...

I think you're missing the message here, when con said black and gray, I'm pretty sure that was not referring to Poor and Normal quality items, but the color of the actual guns themselves. The stats will still be unique/rare stats. The only difference is the guns are gold, and not black/gray. At least, that is if I'm interpreting it correctly.

Con

Con
  • 4,105 posts

Con, I just have one question. Since these guns are only available through hauls, and you now only get island weps/gear from hauls, does this update mean we will get gold unis from the mainland in hauls as well? Seeing that there was a gold m60 and m107 on the preview image.

The Golden M60 and the M107 are special cases. They'll only drop in Island Hauls and they'll be level 50 (their max level) rather than 51 like the other Raid Haul items.

Con

Con
  • 4,105 posts

I think you're missing the message here, when con said black and gray, I'm pretty sure that was not referring to Poor and Normal quality items, but the color of the actual guns themselves. The stats will still be unique/rare stats. The only difference is the guns are gold, and not black/gray. At least, that is if I'm interpreting it correctly.

Correct. I was talking about the appearance of the guns.

FLoor

FLoor
  • 143 posts

Awesome! Maxed m107s/m60s right outta the box, going to be a cool thing to look forward to. Might have a lot more gold stuff on my survivors in the (hopefully) near future.

BobBaumeister

BobBaumeister
  • 50 posts

Hey Con,

nice idea - looking forward to the golden times!

Btw... since you haven't react to multiple other Threads from different users - maybe you read this:

+ Can we get tradable Halloweenstuff 2015....!

+ How bout you kill the 6 packages on our startscreen... they are there for weeks now and its not new anymore ;)

+ Level 50+ shemes are still disappearing after they got looted

+ The store miss lots of the last added Research Components

+ The store still sells Z-Mas Components

thx.

Con

Con
  • 4,105 posts

Hey Con,

nice idea - looking forward to the golden times!

Btw... since you haven't react to multiple other Threads from different users - maybe you read this:

+ Can we get tradable Halloweenstuff 2015....!

+ How bout you kill the 6 packages on our startscreen... they are there for weeks now and its not new anymore ;)

+ Level 50+ shemes are still disappearing after they got looted

+ The store miss lots of the last added Research Components

+ The store still sells Z-Mas Components

thx.

Thanks for the concise list, Bob. 

- Halloween stuff, done. Will be in the next update. 

- Package notification should be hidden once you've looked at them, will have to check. 

- Missing schematics is a weird one, we've heard a couple of reports, need User ID's to dig into.

- Was it just the 3 new research components? Added now.

- Whoops, Z-Mas stuff gone.

Aubrey Dickson

Aubrey Dickson
  • 558 posts

Thanks for the concise list, Bob.

- Halloween stuff, done. Will be in the next update.

Now I can get some hell slingers
P.S do you mean this update or the next big update?
P.S.S so HERC has something like the US Marines since how this guy Gregor has the rank of Gunnery Sergeant?

Edited by Aubrey Dickson, 12 May 2016 - 11:57 AM.

Nconvenience

Nconvenience
  • 50 posts

Will we be able to get them from raid hauls we've saved up or will this only apply to new ones following the update (not sure if the system even distinguishes older raid hauls from new ones)?

Trent_RPD

Trent_RPD
  • 133 posts

Will we be able to get them from raid hauls we've saved up or will this only apply to new ones following the update (not sure if the system even distinguishes older raid hauls from new ones)?

That was my question too, i don't need anything from hauls right now, so i rather save them up for a higher chance at getting golden guns. Con didn't say anything about it, but i assume pre update hauls will drop golden guns unless Con changes them in some way.

FLoor

FLoor
  • 143 posts

That was my question too, i don't need anything from hauls right now, so i rather save them up for a higher chance at getting golden guns. Con didn't say anything about it, but i assume pre update hauls will drop golden guns unless Con changes them in some way.

I think it's safe to assume that they will, given that back when second wave hit, we could get second wave stuff from older hauls. I don't think the game actually distinguishes between old/new hauls.

titanaess

titanaess
  • 4 posts

Hello con. how do i chat with you?

Con

Con
  • 4,105 posts

Hauls will give you items from the most recent pool. They don't care about when they were won, so yeah - if you don't need anything from your raid hauls right now, I'd hold onto them. 

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,168 posts

Hauls will give you items from the most recent pool. They don't care about when they were won, so yeah - if you don't need anything from your raid hauls right now, I'd hold onto them. 

Oh interesting.  I would have thought the contents were fixed by the date it was generated, like "normal" boxes.

Haziq Hamdan

Haziq Hamdan
  • 49 posts
damn herc must have THAT much gold to make those unis. and my fighter has the same name Gregor

FLoor

FLoor
  • 143 posts

Oh one other quick thing. I'm not sure if it's just been my bad luck, but I've never seen a unique from the haul box get a counter attached. Is this intentional, or are they supposed to be able to have counters? Just saying, would be really fun to get some gold stuff maxed out with counters and everything ;)

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,710 posts

The quality of the uniques you get from hauls is a real issue, the stats seem all over the place, and to be honest I can't actually remember when I got one that wasn't immediately recycled. And that's on four accounts. So perhaps the chance could be extended to island uniques? 

Ronan

Ronan
  • 210 posts

Considering the high probability to get an armor, a mask or a bow, the probability for weapons to be extremely inferior to regular loots and the probability (unknown) for the weapon to be shiny, good golden stuff will worth a lot (which is the only interest I would have in such updates because in-game designs are the last of my concerns).

Con

Con
  • 4,105 posts

Rolled this into the Spring Cleaning Update

http://forum.conarti...leaning-update/