Photo

Renaming Your Survivor

Leader Rename

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Gabroe

Gabroe
  • 83 posts

I don't see the point of not being able to rename your leader.

I get your screen name (My screen name is for example Gabroe and i'm fine with that.) But I don't see the point of your characters name. It's not particularly confusing and I'd like to develop some scenarios for me and my survivor. Like buying that Military Gear from the shop and making my group a rag tag squad. *Idea stolen but you know, I really like it. * I don't see why we wouldn't be able to change it. It doesen't break any immersion. Any ideas? Feedback?

The Insane Wood Fairy

The Insane Wood Fairy
  • 124 posts

The thing is that changing your leaders name would make scamming easyer and could confuse a lot of people.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 715 posts

The thing is that changing your leaders name would make scamming easyer and could confuse a lot of people.

He said not changing your username I'm pretty sure just your leader's name

The Insane Wood Fairy

The Insane Wood Fairy
  • 124 posts

He said not changing your username I'm pretty sure just your leader's name

I think they are somewhat linked (If your leader name is zombie3 then your username is zombie3. I might be wrong though)

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

I don't see the point of not being able to rename your leader.

I get your screen name (My screen name is for example Gabroe and i'm fine with that.) But I don't see the point of your characters name. It's not particularly confusing and I'd like to develop some scenarios for me and my survivor. Like buying that Military Gear from the shop and making my group a rag tag squad. *Idea stolen but you know, I really like it. * I don't see why we wouldn't be able to change it. It doesen't break any immersion. Any ideas? Feedback?

I don't see the point in re-naming your leader.

It seems most of your post is wanting to play "dress up and make believe".

As The Insane Wood Fairy said. The leaders name is tied to your account name/Alliance membership name etc

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

Your username and leader name are one and the same to my knowledge.

To separate them would take more behind the scenes coding than it's probably worth.

Gabroe

Gabroe
  • 83 posts

I wouldn't find it too difficult, and I don't see why not. It'd give it a nice incentive to play the game in a different way. It seems you can change your other survivors name and not your leaders? I don't mean your Profile due to the fact of scams like you said. I meant just the character in game name. Only visible to you, I mean aren't you the only one to see your character? If your clan mates can see it then the Leader tag would make it pretty obvious.

I don't see the point in re-naming your leader.

It seems most of your post is wanting to play "dress up and make believe".

As The Insane Wood Fairy said. The leaders name is tied to your account name/Alliance membership name etc

It'd look better in game then the name you choose 4 years ago. Not username related just for your personal view.

The Insane Wood Fairy

The Insane Wood Fairy
  • 124 posts

I wouldn't find it too difficult, and I don't see why not. It'd give it a nice incentive to play the game in a different way. It seems you can change your other survivors name and not your leaders? I don't mean your Profile due to the fact of scams like you said. I meant just the character in game name. Only visible to you, I mean aren't you the only one to see your character? If your clan mates can see it then the Leader tag would make it pretty obvious.

It'd look better in game then the name you choose 4 years ago. Not username related just for your personal view.

Read

To separate them would take more behind the scenes coding than it's probably worth.

I think this will be the thing that would prevent it from happening^

Gabroe

Gabroe
  • 83 posts

I can't talk about coding, i've never coded and at best was a bit editing a bit. But I don't see how hard it'd be to treat your Leader as your other survivors in your party. I don't seem it'd be too difficult to code. Unless they put it behind too much shit to work through honestly.

Gabroe

Gabroe
  • 83 posts

By the way dude, your a veteran on this forum. I remember your profile pic and its been a long time since i've played TLS:DZ. Nice seeing ya.

Ronan

Ronan
  • 210 posts

I can't talk about coding, i've never coded and at best was a bit editing a bit. But I don't see how hard it'd be to treat your Leader as your other survivors in your party. I don't seem it'd be too difficult to code. Unless they put it behind too much shit to work through honestly.

You have never done it, you don't see, you don't know. I don't know the details of the code either, but I can imagine at least a dozen of reasons that would require a lot of "unsafe" hardwork to do it. Maybe it's as simple as introducing a new variable, maybe it's dealing with a lot of intricated functions.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Leader, Rename