Photo

Downloading

crashes gameplay

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Unknown3032

Unknown3032
  • 30 posts

Instead of new weapons, strategy, buildings, and others.

This one involves in game play.

I kept hearing that a lot of people crashes during a mission, which makes them lose everything they found and wait for hours for literally NOTHING, and also come home with an injury that us players hate...

So I came up with this:

When a player goes to an area, the game will download to the computer all the data, the zombies, the areas, the background, the loot, and everything, which makes the game rely less on the internet connection and the zombies ready to go even a storm just happened. 

For example: When a player goes to super market, the game will download the loot in the containers, the zombies that'll show up, the survivors, and the area itself. Since all the data is stored on the computer and saved, it would be impossible to lose connection during mission. Because everything on the screen is now on the computer, not on the internet. When the player lost connection, the chat may be inaccessible, but the rest is still there running.

Yes, the loading time would take forever to them, but they'll still have everything they found in a mission and they'll never wait for nothing and come home with an injury for no reason anymore.

It may sound dumb but...

If possible, please do this. And the players with slow connection have nothing to fear anymore.

CommSMG

CommSMG
  • 177 posts

Good luck waiting 30 minutes to render every single zombie and randomly generating every individual weapon, gear and loot. Having a slow connection would make this infinitely worse. It would actually rely *more* on the Internet connection to download everything first-hand, instead of communicating with the server every few instances during the mission itself to update your kill counters and all the other things, individually.

Maruse

Maruse
  • 808 posts

And then some some guy changes the coding and get 200 weapons with all stats maxed out.... yeah... no thanks.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,762 posts

It may sound dumb but...

If possible, please do this. And the players with slow connection have nothing to fear anymore.

Your slow internet connection would have a seizure if this was implemented. My fast internet connection probably would as well, so no thanks.

I should imagine It would also leave the engine wide open to hacking, so again no thanks. 

passing player

passing player
  • 467 posts

any coder can just hack to get all unis 3/3.

not a good idea.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: crashes, gameplay