Photo

Day-day Activeties

Survivors Actions Biulding uses

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Freedom Fighter

Freedom Fighter
  • 168 posts

Before i say anything THIS IDEA IS MEANT FOR LATER WHEN THE GAME IS CLOSER TO FINALIZATION AND CON HAS SOME MORE TIME AFTER ALL MAJOR UPDATES ARE IMPLEMENTED

Our comfort buildings like the kitchen, beds, and washing station increase morale, but how? i never see them being used by our survivors at all and they just sit there. So maybe later when the game is more developed they could add small actions that the survivors could do when they on base and not occupied. This could be like you see someone cooking at the kitchen, seeing the survivors sleeping or siting on beds, and seeing them wash some of their clothing, or even playing catch with some of those old footballs we find on missions( this idea is the most advanced so i dont expect to see it.). Right now all our survivors do is wander around the base, touch something for a few seconds, then wander some more. so maybe this could make the game a bit more realistic and convincing, because if i were one of these guys i would try and do something to pass the time when i aint busy shooting those deada*sholes. 

Again this is just an idea for LATER in the game develpoment

Edited by Liberator, 12 April 2013 - 11:00 PM.

GralBarba

GralBarba
  • 28 posts

As you said its not as important as the upcoming updates, but some animations other than just walking in circles inside the building would be nice.  +1

enihka

enihka
  • 172 posts

The animations can be automated or it can be similar to Sim game, where you can ask the person to do certain activities such as, cooking, showering, crafting. Again, it might the best idea to leave as last implementation into the game. 

Emnity

Emnity
  • 273 posts

Some interactions already exist within the game. Survivors check the recycler, drop offs and a few others. I think the idea of manually having them interact with this is a bit much for the scope of the game. But more automated interactions shouldn't be too hard to implement. It's a bit more animating and some additional scripting, but the existance of it all is already present.

James_C_Grayson

James_C_Grayson
  • 237 posts

Some interactions already exist within the game. Survivors check the recycler, drop offs and a few others. I think the idea of manually having them interact with this is a bit much for the scope of the game. But more automated interactions shouldn't be too hard to implement. It's a bit more animating and some additional scripting, but the existance of it all is already present.

...I'm pretty sure they're wiggling their arms all over the buildings and drop-offs, not checking them...

Doesn't look TOO hard to implement though.

Edited by James_C_Grayson, 13 April 2013 - 08:07 AM.

Emnity

Emnity
  • 273 posts

...I'm pretty sure they're wiggling their arms all over the buildings and drop-offs, not checking them...

Doesn't look TOO hard to implement though.

They're not actually checking them no =P

The op was just looking for more scripted animations, which shouldn't be too hard as we've said; but it would be a nice touch to make it so when you click to receive ammo from a drop off one of your survivors went over and mimicked that same action. But it would then take additional coding to make the game not freak out when you have no survivors on the lot to carry out the command. It shouldn't be more than a few addition true false lines of code, but there's always going to be "is it worth the time to implement" and the more complicated it becomes the further out the project is put.

Sandro_Jern

Sandro_Jern
  • 778 posts

+1, wouldn't mind seeing someone enjoy a nice jar of the ever-appealing "Pickles in Spring Water" sitting atop a barricade, if you get my reference :) . Definitely a late-game addition, but a good one.

Edited by Sandro_Jern, 13 April 2013 - 08:22 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Survivors, Actions, Biulding uses