Photo

Best High Level Melee?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 678 posts

I'm thinking about crafting the blue sword but I'm not sure if there are better melees out there, would a uni tac blade be better? Or a hammer? halp

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,177 posts

it depends on what your objective is, and how much fuel you have to spend..

For auto missions a max craft blue sword is the best melee weapon, other than a handful of unique tactical blades (and i mean handful -- 99% of tac blades are weaker than a max craft blue sword).

Swords are kinda slow though, and don't have a lock of knockback.  For played missons I prefer the warhammers.  Fast and a lot of knockback.  Some people like the infamous version (Pulverizer) over the "standard" blue one, but that's harder to obtain a max craft (limited by how many notes you have) and costs more.  The drivehammer from last Halloween is a great warhammer style weapon, but you can't craft that right now.

Other people swear by purple longsaws, less damage than the sword, and more range and DPS than the warhammer.

---

It also comes down to how much fuel you have.   Obtaining a max craft isn't easy, and will take multiple, multiple tries -- which is why a max craft blue is worth as much as good unique.  A comparison blue and purple swords (note: was with the vintage versions, but he concept is largely the same) determined that while yes the blue sword is the better with a max craft by far,  with a bad/poor craft,  the purple sword would be better.   So if you have an extremely limited budget (only able to craft 1-2 swords), the purple sword would be a safer bet.

FLoor

FLoor
  • 143 posts
When it comes down to solely DPS, nothing beats the blue swords. When you have them equipped with melee combat gear on a fighter, you can achieve a DPS greater than any other melee in the game. I have yet to see a tac blade that beats 1,300 DPS when equipped.