Photo

Alpha Gameplay Footage - Breakdown

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,011 posts

I thought I'd do a bit of a detailed breakddown for the gameplay footage to give you guys a bit more of an insight as to what's happening. 

The player's Platoon is made up of:

Riflemen

Standard infantry units. They can be customised to fill different roles through their unlocks. 

Assualts

Cover assaulting units, they throw grenades by default. We're still looking to adjust their behaviour a bit.

Engineers

These are your anti-tank soldiers, we may rename them to Anti-Tank so they make more sense. They don't repair vehicles.

Sniper Team

Two man team, long range weapons. Really good in cover, terrible outside of it.

M1 Abrams

Main battle tank, hugely overpowered in this demo.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Top Bar

Along the top bar you can see the front line graph is back. It now shows the positions of your units as well. The small closed in diamonds are infantry units, whereas the larger open diamonds are vehicles. Diamonds with the shield icons underneath denote units that are in cover. 

On each side of the screen you can see the health of yours and your opponents outpost. The goal of the game is to destroy the enemy outpost and to defend yours. 

Underneath the Outpost Health - you can see the last few Support Assets that you and your opponent have played. Those red ones with the question marks are Countermeasures. They're hidden until the appropriate trigger occurs. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Support Assets

During the match, we cycle through a bunch of the Supports. A lot of it is direct damage stuff like Artillery and Mortars. There's a few in there that we don't show being used that are buffs and debuffs.

Sensor Interference is one of them, this messes with the accuracy of enemy vehicles. Response Force will deploy a Rifleman squad for every enemy unit that is on screen. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cover

Unlike the previous Warfare games, cover will work a little bit differently. All cover is inactive by default. In order to send a unit to cover, you need to activate the cover by clicking on it. The next nearest unit will then enter that cover. The cover rules are still the same as Warfare 1944 though, one unit, one cover object.

Happy to answer any questions you guys might have!

Cybertraxx

Cybertraxx
  • 257 posts

Wow, again this looks awesome con.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,123 posts

Any differences between the American and Russian units or are they strictly cosmetic?

CommSMG

CommSMG
  • 177 posts

Are weapons equippable for an entire platoon, or just for individual soldiers like in Dead Zone?

At 0.43, I saw soldiers phase through sandbags at the enemy base.

Con

Con
  • 4,011 posts

Any differences between the American and Russian units or are they strictly cosmetic?

We're balancing that out at the moment. Right now, they're identical - but we want to have some differences that are fairly clear. For example - Russian Assault units will probably be a bit stronger, but to counter that American Riflemen will be stronger.

The theory is that what will change the balance is the Weapons, Gear and Skills you set up on each Unit. For example, the Assaults can be equipped with Shotguns, this reduces their range by quite a bit, but ramps up their damage. Combine that with some lighter Gear and a Skill that boosts movement and you can get them close to another infantry unit and tear them up.  

Con

Con
  • 4,011 posts

Are weapons equippable for an entire platoon, or just for individual soldiers like in Dead Zone?

Weapons are for each Unit - so you can have different weapons for Riflemen, Assaults, Machine Gun Teams etc. It works differently for different units. If you give your Assaults shotguns, they'll all have shotguns. If you change the LMG on your MG Teams, only the team leader gets the weapon change. 

lolzarz

lolzarz
  • 390 posts

Weapons are for each Unit - so you can have different weapons for Riflemen, Assaults, Machine Gun Teams etc. It works differently for different units. If you give your Assaults shotguns, they'll all have shotguns. If you change the LMG on your MG Teams, only the team leader gets the weapon change. 

Wait, if 1 machine gun to each team, what do the other guys get and can their equipment be upgraded?

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 637 posts

can you change the weapons mid fight, so you could have an assault team with shotguns then one with assault rifles?

Salif

Salif
  • 83 posts

Will you be able to play either side or just americans?   If russians can be played will thier tank be t-72/80 or will the m-1 be default tank for both sides

IgorC

IgorC
  • 191 posts

Maybe this is too much of a cliche, but i think russians should have better snipers :P

Con

Con
  • 4,011 posts

Wait, if 1 machine gun to each team, what do the other guys get and can their equipment be upgraded?

The rest of the MG team will carry standard issue rifles. We don't have any unlocks for them at the moment, but it's possible.

Con

Con
  • 4,011 posts

can you change the weapons mid fight, so you could have an assault team with shotguns then one with assault rifles?

You can't change them mid-fight, no. But, at the moment, you can have multiple Assault teams in your platoon and they can be configured differently. 

CommSMG

CommSMG
  • 177 posts

Spoiler

These are uncannily similar objects...

Did you import them from TLS:DZ's files to save time, or were these intentional imitations? Either way, they look amazing in WO's engine and lighting compared to DZ's :P

EDIT: Sorry for the necro, I noticed the Communications Hub today and I had to find all of them since no else said anything about the cameos

Edited by CommSMG, 08 August 2016 - 06:08 PM.

Con

Con
  • 4,011 posts

Spoiler

These are uncannily similar objects...

Did you import them from TLS:DZ's files to save time, or were these intentional imitations? Either way, they look amazing in WO's engine and lighting compared to DZ's :P

EDIT: Sorry for the necro, I noticed the Communications Hub today and I had to find all of them since no else said anything about the cameos

Haha, sprung! We'd been working on those models for Warfare and thought that they'd look good on the Island, so we made some lower resolution versions of them. 

There's a little bit of original Dead Zone stuff in Warfare too. 

General Zak

General Zak
  • 3 posts

will the Russian main battle tank be the T-90? And will you guys be adding different nation in the far future, such as the United Kingdom, Germany and China? Just so we have more of a variety to choose from then just the United States and Russia, Cause to me playing the same nations over and over again would seem like it would get boring.

Con

Con
  • 4,011 posts

will the Russian main battle tank be the T-90? And will you guys be adding different nation in the far future, such as the United Kingdom, Germany and China? Just so we have more of a variety to choose from then just the United States and Russia, Cause to me playing the same nations over and over again would seem like it would get boring.

Russian tank is the T-90, yep. 

We've got tentative plans for another nation, but we're not sure at this point in development. 

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

There's a little bit of original Dead Zone stuff in Warfare too.

Are we going full circle and add a zombie mode to the game that is inspired on a certain game mode from a certain game that was inspired by the last stand 1? :P

Edited by Scrub McLordington LXIX, 23 September 2016 - 08:11 AM.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 637 posts

Are we going full circle and add a zombie mode to the game that is inspired on a certain game mode from a certain game that was inspired by the last stand 1? :P

i'd love to see that, and i would really like to see this game tie into the last stand games somehow (maybe some hidden easter eggs or something)

General Zak

General Zak
  • 3 posts

My bad I forgot this in the last post, will the United States APC be the M2/M3 Bradley or the Stryker? Also will you be adding upgrades for tanks such as the TUSK and TUSK II upgrade for the Abrams, I'd love to see them with the TUSK II Upgrades? As you can tell i'm very Excited for this game, Im a big fan of 1944 and 1917. I'd like to see it blow the other two out of the water.  :D

MrSurvivor

MrSurvivor
  • 21 posts

Will you ever add online playing instead of AI raiding like TLS DZ?

Also, I feel that the units could be touched up, but seems pretty solid right now!