Photo

Pve Clothing / Accessories

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Con

Con
  • 4,051 posts

I'm looking at making a set of accessories (masks, helmets etc) that are specifically designed for PVE.

What stats would you guys want to see on them?

passing player

passing player
  • 444 posts

injury decrease chance.

maybe slight reload speed bonus.

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

Dmg vs infected bonus with firearms and or melee would be nice.

Further i'd appreciate any range, accuracy or melee resistance bonus. I don't really need more reload speed as the 3-5 second times are fine for me. I just want to make my shots more effective.

EDIT: It would be nice to see more types of Necklaces jewelry with luck boosts and other stuff. Maybe a rabbit feet necklace or something else.

Edited by Scrub McLordington LXIX, 30 May 2016 - 02:06 AM.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,151 posts

We have the Deathshead (melee)

And the Terror (pistol/shotgun/SMG)

And the Deadeye (AR/LMG)

As a "PvE Only" gear this screams to me to have a long rifle version.  Perhaps with Damage, Reload Speed and Effective Range.  In a raiding (PvP) encounter it'd be overpowered and/or "pay to win", but in an PvE encounter it could work.

---

Side note:  with the addition of the minigun (and a new class of weapons), I think it'd be a good idea to add heavy weapons to the weapon types that can use Deadeyes

CommSMG

CommSMG
  • 177 posts
*gasp* My crystal ball predicts...Riot helmets!

My suggestions are:
Melee resistance (useful for low and high levels alike)
Hit chance (Maybe a new type of military/tactical goggles with useful stats?)
A small EXP bonus, like for Skilled weapons.

trioth1

trioth1
  • 2 posts

Maybe a scav mask with something like +2% quality and -20% finding junk on it at ellte . Fighter mask with + move speed , medic with +heal speed. And perhaps a mask that gives specialization with bows while worn? If it can be restricted to missions and Island only should hopefully not make it OP.

Con

Con
  • 4,051 posts

Interesting ideas so far guys, keep them coming. A few of the bonuses are things that we haven't assigned to survivors yet, but it might be possible. 

IgorC

IgorC
  • 191 posts

Maybe something that increases dmg and movement speed, something i could use with the MSR. I would like to see more in the same direction of the scouting shroud and scavenger wrap, i think those are some of the best looking gear appearance wise.

Trent_RPD

Trent_RPD
  • 133 posts

-Specialized scav glasses/goggles that increase scav speed, hit chance/ranged combat, critical damage against infected, etc. Would love to see a stat that increases dodging zed attacks too).

-Helmets with melee resistance, HP increase, knockback bonus (a helmet giving you knockback is weird but gloves can't be accesories and i really want a knockback bonus in accesories, really helpfull in my opinion)

-lucky stuff as always

Vahx

Vahx
  • 195 posts

Reduced injury chance

Increased movement speed (to counter all those -20 speeds on weapons a bit)

increased scav speed/heal speed

increased range or reload speed are always a win

item find chance, can be found on combat masks atm, why not other accessories

something fun would be a backpack that gives you a 10% extra food/water/ammo when you find any on a mission.

Like scav 10 food, get 1 extra at the end of a mission or so.

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

To finish the soldier look completely, you could add Military caps to go with the camos (Combat related bonuses like accuracy etc. would apply)

411gM%2BHdGEL._SL75_.jpg

And bit of a nitpicky, unrelated one here, but i figured since undershirts are added as well, I could maybe ask for Camo/UCPD tactical pant variants that have boots over pants, i kinda prefer it over having the pants go over the boots. Even the soldier zombies seem to have it.

Edited by Scrub McLordington LXIX, 31 May 2016 - 02:57 AM.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,151 posts

Know its' been suggested in other threads, but...

Night-Vision Goggles could be awesome.

Would probably need some other bonuses like damage or scavenge speed to actually be useful.

Edited by Zingman, 31 May 2016 - 03:51 AM.

rossoneriavoli

rossoneriavoli
  • 12 posts

We need more lucky clothing.

Now we only have 2 lucky clothing from event: Hunter's High Vis Hat and Wasteland x Standard.

Please give some more!!!

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 798 posts

2 Things stand out to me:

-Melee resistance:

Occasionally, I lag a bit, and having a bit more leeway with this would make medics and recons (the "squishy" survivors) more viable for PvE, rather than just fighters.

-Something that reduces the minimum effective range of LRs:

LRs are almost useless in PvE due to this mechanic, it needs to be changed for gameplay variety's sake.

Edited by MW3ProPiper, 31 May 2016 - 10:36 AM.

IgorC

IgorC
  • 191 posts

I wanted to see more stat only accessories, such as necklaces. I also wanted to see more back accessories, such as the wasteland wings. I have already suggested merely aesthetical backpacks, but since the topic of the thread is the stats, i dont know how these could work since our backpacks already have stats.

EDIT: I would also love to see more health based helmets, such as the Rasputin, maybe a WWII green helmet, it couldve been called Vintage Helmet or something.

Edited by IgorC, 05 June 2016 - 11:02 AM.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 664 posts

2 Things stand out to me:

-Melee resistance:

Occasionally, I lag a bit, and having a bit more leeway with this would make medics and recons (the "squishy" survivors) more viable for PvE, rather than just fighters.

-Something that reduces the minimum effective range of LRs:

LRs are almost useless in PvE due to this mechanic, it needs to be changed for gameplay variety's sake.

Yes please

this could be very helpful on the island too, lowering that heavy min range of any of the top 3 lrs

GoldenApple_NB

GoldenApple_NB
  • 180 posts

- melee combat

- ranged combat

- accuracy

- reload speed

- melee res

- movement speed

- item chance

- reduced minimum range

- scav speed

- SMG/Shotgun/Pistol range increase

HerreraV

HerreraV
  • 27 posts

Con I want to see uniforms, mask and helmets how these

http://media.gamerev...-vs-orignal.jpg

https://images-eds-s...gvo-&format=jpg

How in the METRO 2033 SAGAS.

All with fine stats for PVE. Health, hit chance, meele resistan, etc

Ecko

Ecko
  • 13 posts

I have a suggestion that may not be best suited here, but here it is:

you already have a show/hide for hair and gear, I think you should make like check boxes to show/hide headwear and masks.

it may seem out of place sometimes, to dress someone up and then put a wierd looking mask or helmet just for the sake of the stats.

If we can hide the vests, full body armor and bags, then we should be able to hide helmets and masks too, respectively. because we may need to hide the mask alone and leave the hat/helmet.

just give us the option please, okay

Edited by Ecko, 06 July 2016 - 03:34 PM.

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones
  • 241 posts

Scavenge speed

melee resistance

melee combat

chance for finding quality items

damage verses infected

damage taken from infected

move speed