Photo

Walkers Are Too Rare In Higher Levels.

Infected Bounty Walkers

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Cuprium

Cuprium
  • 1 posts

Everyone knows that walkers are rarer in the higher levels. Not as rare as the RARE infected but it's kinda close and it annoys me. I had an infected bounty where I need to get 5 Runners and 30 Walkers in Brookvale West so I did a mission there. After the mission I ended up with 101 Runner kills and 7 Walker kills (I have a picture but I don't know how to add it here). So Con Artist Games, please remove walkers in infected bounties in higher level areas. Or add a horde rush but instead of runners it has walkers... lots of walkers from all directions and it will be called Horde Swarm.

Unknown3032

Unknown3032
  • 30 posts

Not really much of a problem to me, but I do also think that they should be a but more common

agrajag119

agrajag119
  • 10 posts

Agreed.  At 55, you get bounties that require 155-ish walkers.  I've been averaging 4-5 missions just to get the walkers.

If there was a book to *decrease* rare spawns and increase walkers, this would be fine.  Or as the OP suggested a swarm of walkers instead of runners.  As it stands, a rush basically screws you out of 2-3 waves of spawns that had chances for walkers.  Perhaps make a book to make rushes walkers?  Guess what I'm really saying here is we need a way to influence spawn chances for walkers.

CasualRace

CasualRace
  • 80 posts

Okay, bounties were far too easy until the latest major overhaul, but now they are stupidly hard.  I will need to run at least four, possibly five, missions just for one map! 

If you are going to give us hoodies, hoodies, and more hoodies in the bounty boxes, can't you tweak the program from ridiculous to merely difficult.

Oh, and please tell me the program doesn't send rushes when you need walkers.

hershelwise

hershelwise
  • 300 posts

I feel like that the change to remove time limit on the Bounties is the best thing to happen to them. Now they aren't in any way impossible because you can do just one or two mission a day and still eventually complete the bounty. The only gripe for me is having to grind 200 walkers/runners in misisons 10 levels below my leader and survivors.

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

It is not only about walkers ... it is about RNG in general.

Sometimes in takes me 8-10 missions to kill 10 bruisers because they just don't show up.

Even with DMU infected bounties are time consuming and kind of annoying.

Maybe we can get a guaranteed reward in just one slot?

Let's say .... 20 fuel minimum and spam hoodies in all other slots :)

Thanks for uni token, premium and lvl 3 keycards from bounty boxes .... much appreciated.

The reward in general is just "crap" and not worth the effort ... hoodies are the new green kits

Okay, bounties were far too easy until the latest major overhaul, but now they are stupidly hard.  I will need to run at least four, possibly five, missions just for one map! 

If you are going to give us hoodies, hoodies, and more hoodies in the bounty boxes, can't you tweak the program from ridiculous to merely difficult.

Oh, and please tell me the program doesn't send rushes when you need walkers.

That's it ... everytime you need walkers you get at least one rush each mission.

If you need runners .... all Zeds just walking.

Something to add: I n new maps are "Riots" and "Herc Riots" they nearly looks the same but only "Riots" count to infected kills.

Kinda stupid in my opinion because all are just "Riots".

Edited by Cherry, 27 August 2016 - 07:35 AM.

tvsnake

tvsnake
  • 110 posts

I totally agree, the walkers become a real pain, the actual infected bounty seems to be an endurance test. I run usually 5-6 mission/map to complete it. This is boring, especially without DMU.

tehswordninja

tehswordninja
  • 678 posts

Walkers aren't the only thing that's super rare, so are bruisers and police infected.

I've run at least 6-8 missions in uptown to kill 10 bruisers.

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

Walkers in Green Plains are a serious issue but not anymore if you hunt bruisers ....

sdbZjQu.jpg

GoldenApple_NB

GoldenApple_NB
  • 185 posts

walker : runner

1 : 3

bounty asks for 

1 : 1

.-.

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

walker : runner

1 : 3

bounty asks for 

1 : 1

.-.

Exactly.  Bounty requirements should be tied to spawn rates on a PER SUBURB basis.

Its not a question of hard or easy.  Its about knowing how hard the requirement is.  When requirements aren't tied to actual spawn rates, some are crazy easy while others are crazy hard.  Removing time limits as an OK stopgap, but why not just revisit the requirement setting code and write it to reflect real spawn rates?  Simple, done, complaints will disappear. 

THE_MAXX

THE_MAXX
  • 70 posts

SAME SAME i have DMU and somehow it takes me an hour running missions one after the other to just get walker kills. IM LEVEL 36 AND FIND 2-% walkers per mission.

WTF. 

clambam

clambam
  • 16 posts

I actually ran 3 missions in a row without getting a single runner recently (Green Plains), that included rushes, but I put that down to the hiccup with terrordome and bounties.

My preference would be to have harder bounties, but with decent rewards for them, but to go wit that it would be nice if you could make certain zombies have a higher chance of appearing in certain areas:

Police - police stations

Military - military camps

Scientists - hospitals

Bruisers - streets

Riot - streets

Herc - parks

Fat - supermarkets

walkers/runners - everywhere

This would add a small element of strategy to bounties rather than just pure random chance. At the moment it seems the best place to find a particular type of zombie........is wherever there is not a bounty on them